We had stayed here only 1 night because it was close to the airport. When checking in the lady at the front desk acted like we were an inconvenience, she wasn't friendly at all. We were there during a heat wave and the hotel was extremely hot. When took the elevator to the 2nd floor where are room was. We could barely breathe in the elevator; it was so hot and muggy in there. When we got to the second floor, it wasn't much better and there was a urine smell in the air (pet friendly hotel), it was so hot up there, I put my hand under the AC vent and nothing was coming out. When we got to our room, it was just as hot, I lowered the AC to as low as it would go and we decided to go swimming and hopefully when we got back it would be cooler. When we got back from swimming it was a little cooler, it was 76 and never got below 76 for our entire stay. We also noticed in the room nail clippings on the floor near the bed, a large chip in the bathtub, and filthy/dirty vents in the bathroom. We were tired from traveling and had to get up at 4:00 am the next morning so we got in bed and tried to watch a pay-per-view movie. About halfway through the movie, it froze up and wouldn't play.
We went to bed early and were all sleeping until a little after 8 pm when we heard yelling in the hallway and knocking on our door. There were tons of kids running up and down the hall and some were knocking on doors. We called the front desk and told them we were trying to sleep and they needed to take care of it or they would refund us our money and we would go to another quieter hotel to spend the night. The lady said she would move us to another room down the hall, but they wouldn't do anything about our bill since we prepaid. First of all, the kids were running up and down the hall, so another room down the hall would have been just as loud, not to mention we would have had to pack up, get dressed, and moved down the hall. Secondly, why should prepaid customers not get the same level of service as any other customer? I don’t understand this. After this we couldn't get back to sleep, and we still heard the kids from time to time. We were lucky if we each got 3 or 4 hours sleep that night.
Overall, our experience with Hilton was terrible. Very expensive rooms for what you get, poorly run and maintained hotel.
I did file an online complaint and they refunded my stay, but I would never stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.