“Rude Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Rude Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I did not even get to stay in the hotel because when I used Doubletrees Reservation system, I clicked 2 double beds for 3 people (and I know this for certain), however, the confirmation I receive later in my email told me I had reserved one room with a king size bed. When I called the customer CARE, they told me that they could not change the reservation because of the prebooking but they could cancel and rebook (return on the credit card could take up to 4 weeks(???). In the end, we could not do that because all of a sudden no double bed rooms were available, less than 12 hours later. So it looks like someone overbooked and we got bounced. Now I have to start my search all over again. Check your confirmations carefully!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Hello, I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had when booking with our hotel. It sounds like what you might have been utilizing is the "Hilton Advance Purchase" program, which is a discounted rate that you pay for at the time of booking. I'm not sure why there would have been a mix up on your room type, but we have been experiencing a very busy winter season, so it is very possible that your desired room type had sold out quickly after you originally tried to make your reservation. If you would like to stay with us in the future, you can feel free to call our hotel directly to make your reservations. When making reservations by calling the hotel directly, we do take a credit card number in order to guarantee your reservation, but would not charge you until you actually stayed here. These types of reservations are also fully changeable and cancellable until the day of arrival. We would love for you to be able to come stay with us the next time you are here. Please feel free to contact us with further inquiries!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Back for what has become an annual visit to this wonderful hotel. I always request the same room now (104) which is a bright, spacious king and is right next to the front desk (I have mobility issues and this hotel is spread out a lot!). The bed was as comfortable as usual however I was disappointed with the pillows this year. I had just had an overnighter at the airport Days Inn in Spokane WA that had much better pillows than these! I used all six pillows and it still didn't seem enough!. The bed however made up for it so I was not put out that much.
I also would suggest they put a TV guide on their television and have some more channels that offer entertainment rather than sports and news.
We ate at their Trader Vic's every day and was never disappointed except for the Sunday buffet. That to my mind is too pricey for what is offered. Their breakfasts off the menu are much better to my mind.
One other note, I had a faulty TV... Sometimes it went on without a problem, others I had to call the front desk staff to come and help so the TV's might need replacing, at least the one in my room.
The staff here are always, always wonderful. No matter whether it is a front desk agent, a Sales rep (yea Lesley!)a housekeeper or the shuttle driver, they are all superlative! I don't often spend as much as I do at the Doubletree but they make you feel so welcome and so comfortable, it is well worth it to me.
I have never been around the rest of the hotel so cannot comment on how the pool or hot tub is...
Bravo Doubletree... and thank you for making my stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms close to the lobby and the restaurant. If there is only one or two of you, make s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so glad that you have enjoyed several times staying with us, and that we have been able to accommodate your needs. Our staff throughout the hotel wants to make sure everyone's stay is as comfortable as possible, and it sounds like you encountered just that! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great bed/bathroom. I slept great, and the bathroom was clean with slate tiled shower and a decent shower head (although could use a shelf in addition to the one soap dish)
Lousy food-eat across the street at Windjammer or Moe's. If you get the breakfast buffet, better be there before 8 because they break it down at 8:30. Decent location, but no shuttle will take you to the shopping district less than 2 miles away, and it is a $10 cab ride.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the guest room accommodations, and had a pleasant stay with us. I do apologize you didn't have a good experience in our restaurant. The early morning breakfast buffet is a new addition, and is only availably 6-8. Otherwise they serve cooked to order off the menu 6-11 Monday-Friday, and offer a full brunch buffet from 9-1 on Sundays. Thank you again for staying with us, and for giving us your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve!
Poultney, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Lovely lobby, very pleasant/fast/efficent check in, Very clean and comfortable room. Bed is to die for!!! Hot tub very hot on a very cold and windy VT weekend. Ordered room service and food and service was top notch. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback, but are glad to hear when we are doing things right. We are so glad you enjyoed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again!
Oyster Bay, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We needed a hotel for one night and they had a great prepay rate. Arriving here we were so impressed by the ski lodge like lobby complete with fireplace. The room was small but super clean and had all the amenities. I was surprised by the mini fridge and Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. The beds very very comfortable. For me the best thing was that there was actually water pressure in the shower.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The chocolate chip cookie at check in is a great treat.

We also had dinner at the restaurant Trader Dukes which was also very good. The menu was extensive. My only disappointment was being in Burlington and they didn't have any Magic Hat!

Overall a wonderful experience. If I am ever in Burlington again I will stay here for sure and will definitely look into other DoubleTrees!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We so appreciate all your compliments and are glad you enjoyed so many aspects to your stay. If you want to visit the Magic Hat Brewery next time you are in town just let us know, sometimes we have coupons! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town, warm cookies and all! Have a great day!
Groton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked a room for me and my son for a kids hockey tournament weekend at the South Burlington, VT Double Tree, located just 5 mins off I89 in Vermont. Since we had to book our rooms well in advance the hotel set up a web based booking system for our group and also offered a discounted rate - $95/night. This was quite useful indeed and saved us all money over regular rates. We did however need to sign a waiver before booking as this hotel has had experience with young hockey teams and families in the past (I'm assuming some bad experiences as well). We were told there would be no hockey playing in the halls and noise must be kept to a minimum in deference to other guests or they reserved the right to ask us to leave - a bit stodgy to me, but we were pre-warned. At times the hotel seemed overly strict about keeping our party noise to a minimum. There was also a "hotel guard" roaming the halls continuously and we were told to get out of the hallways a number of times. We all know that kids can get rambunctious, but the adults? Is it really necessary to police all the guests? The rooms were nice and clean with very comfy beds too. The bar and restaurant at the hotel is Trader Duke's - a nice little place to eat with the family and for us as a group. The only inconvenience was that they seemed understaffed when we went as a group for dinner. I'm not sure why they wouldn't know about numerous groups staying at the hotel and then plan accordingly regarding staffing. We had more than twenty in our party, and only one server. Getting drinks and food orders in was quite slow. It all worked out in the end however and they served a tasty burger. I wouldn't hesitate to revisit this hotel if I'm in Burlington again, but I would likely shop around a bit to compare rates and see if I could find a place with a more relaxed atmosphere and less rule enforcement. We really didn't spend much time at the hotel but it felt like you were being watched closely when you were there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are glad to have hosted your group for the night and hope you found our locating and amenities convenient for your needs. While we do have hotel security that patrols the halls for noise disturbances, this is in order to maintain a peaceful atmosphere for all of our guests. We strive to provide the best experience possible for all those staying with us and we work hard to accomplish this. We understand that the South Burlington Police were in the halls during your stay. It is not standard procedure to have police presence; however they were called on by the request of a hotel guest. We regularly welcome family and sports groups and hope you will consider staying with us next time you visit the area.

Sarah Salomon
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a well run hotel just off of I89. Minutes from downtown and the University of Vermont. The staff is attentive and pleasant. It is a bit of a sprawl so be prepared to walk a bit to get to your room depending on location.
This was my third visit to this hotel and it will remain my go to spot as I travel to Burlington a number of times each year for business. It is a significant step up from the local Hampton. As a Hilton Gold member I do get some small perks.
The upgraded King suite was a bit cramped, but I was on my own and it was more than adequate.
The restaurant attached, Trader Dukes, is convenient but nothing special. It is too bright but has a pleasant staff and offers several dishes with a local slant.

Room Tip: The elevators are quite far from the lobby so if extra walking with your bags is an issue request a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!