“Stayed for two nights wish it could have been longer!!! A lovely getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay and Fly
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Poultney, Vermont
“Stayed for two nights wish it could have been longer!!! A lovely getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Lovely lobby, very pleasant/fast/efficent check in, Very clean and comfortable room. Bed is to die for!!! Hot tub very hot on a very cold and windy VT weekend. Ordered room service and food and service was top notch. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback, but are glad to hear when we are doing things right. We are so glad you enjyoed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Oyster Bay, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We needed a hotel for one night and they had a great prepay rate. Arriving here we were so impressed by the ski lodge like lobby complete with fireplace. The room was small but super clean and had all the amenities. I was surprised by the mini fridge and Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. The beds very very comfortable. For me the best thing was that there was actually water pressure in the shower.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The chocolate chip cookie at check in is a great treat.

We also had dinner at the restaurant Trader Dukes which was also very good. The menu was extensive. My only disappointment was being in Burlington and they didn't have any Magic Hat!

Overall a wonderful experience. If I am ever in Burlington again I will stay here for sure and will definitely look into other DoubleTrees!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We so appreciate all your compliments and are glad you enjoyed so many aspects to your stay. If you want to visit the Magic Hat Brewery next time you are in town just let us know, sometimes we have coupons! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town, warm cookies and all! Have a great day!
Groton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked a room for me and my son for a kids hockey tournament weekend at the South Burlington, VT Double Tree, located just 5 mins off I89 in Vermont. Since we had to book our rooms well in advance the hotel set up a web based booking system for our group and also offered a discounted rate - $95/night. This was quite useful indeed and saved us all money over regular rates. We did however need to sign a waiver before booking as this hotel has had experience with young hockey teams and families in the past (I'm assuming some bad experiences as well). We were told there would be no hockey playing in the halls and noise must be kept to a minimum in deference to other guests or they reserved the right to ask us to leave - a bit stodgy to me, but we were pre-warned. At times the hotel seemed overly strict about keeping our party noise to a minimum. There was also a "hotel guard" roaming the halls continuously and we were told to get out of the hallways a number of times. We all know that kids can get rambunctious, but the adults? Is it really necessary to police all the guests? The rooms were nice and clean with very comfy beds too. The bar and restaurant at the hotel is Trader Duke's - a nice little place to eat with the family and for us as a group. The only inconvenience was that they seemed understaffed when we went as a group for dinner. I'm not sure why they wouldn't know about numerous groups staying at the hotel and then plan accordingly regarding staffing. We had more than twenty in our party, and only one server. Getting drinks and food orders in was quite slow. It all worked out in the end however and they served a tasty burger. I wouldn't hesitate to revisit this hotel if I'm in Burlington again, but I would likely shop around a bit to compare rates and see if I could find a place with a more relaxed atmosphere and less rule enforcement. We really didn't spend much time at the hotel but it felt like you were being watched closely when you were there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are glad to have hosted your group for the night and hope you found our locating and amenities convenient for your needs. While we do have hotel security that patrols the halls for noise disturbances, this is in order to maintain a peaceful atmosphere for all of our guests. We strive to provide the best experience possible for all those staying with us and we work hard to accomplish this. We understand that the South Burlington Police were in the halls during your stay. It is not standard procedure to have police presence; however they were called on by the request of a hotel guest. We regularly welcome family and sports groups and hope you will consider staying with us next time you visit the area.

Sarah Salomon
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a well run hotel just off of I89. Minutes from downtown and the University of Vermont. The staff is attentive and pleasant. It is a bit of a sprawl so be prepared to walk a bit to get to your room depending on location.
This was my third visit to this hotel and it will remain my go to spot as I travel to Burlington a number of times each year for business. It is a significant step up from the local Hampton. As a Hilton Gold member I do get some small perks.
The upgraded King suite was a bit cramped, but I was on my own and it was more than adequate.
The restaurant attached, Trader Dukes, is convenient but nothing special. It is too bright but has a pleasant staff and offers several dishes with a local slant.

Room Tip: The elevators are quite far from the lobby so if extra walking with your bags is an issue request a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Just returned home from a 2 night stay at the DoubleTree Burlington and had a wonderful experience. The service was OUTSTANDING: staff extremely friendly and helpful and accommodating. Location also was EXCELLENT: conveniently off highway but quiet and separate from the hustle-bustle, across the street from various restaurants/shops (and Starbucks), an extremely quick and easy drive to all parts of UVM (especially the main campus center, hospital/med school, Central Campus dorms, the campus museum, and the main Camus library), and a direct and quick and very simple drive to downtown (located off same road as hotel). Parking was easy and ample even though the hotel was crowded - we especially appreciated this because parking downtown was challenging. The only slight negatives were the small size of the bathroom and the somewhat shabby carpet, but these were very easy to overlook because of all that's mentioned above and because of the cleanliness, up-to-date features and style, and generally upscale appearance and vibe. This will now be my go-to hotel whenever I'm in Burlington.

• Stayed January 2013
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and for all of your wonderful compliments! We truly appreciate guest feedback, and of course love getting reviews such as yours. We are proud to provide such outstanding service on a regular basis, and love having guests who come to stay with us every time they are in town. To let you know, we do have suites available in the hotel as well as our standard guest rooms, which would provide you with a larger bathroom (full sized with sink and vanity enclosed), as well as a living room area and small kitchenette. Our suites are a good option for families, or anyone coming for several days who want more room to spread out! Next time you're in town, feel free to book a suite, or ask us to look at one during your next stay. We certainly look forward to seeing you again!
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I booked a room at a rate of 109$. As a Hilton Gold member, I was upgraded to a King suite, so I didn't experienced the lack of space, that the other rooms seems to have. I also received a breakfast voucher which I used in the nice restaurant.
The staff at the recpetion were most friendly, the staff at the restaurant as well.
With the voucher, I was able to choose any breakfast on the menu! This was very nice indeed.

The suites are at the very back of the hotel, a lot of walk from the front desk, but you can park at the rear of the hotel, so you're closer to your room.

I really keep a nice imporession of the hotel and the staff, so I would definitely return!

Click helpful if you found my review helfpul! :) Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and found the suite comfortable and restaurant tasty! Our staff works hard to ensure a positive stay for all of our guests. Thank you again for your patronage, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We decided to stay here after we saw the good ratings on TripAdvisor. The room was tiny, with a low ceiling, definitely not worth the money we were spending. We left and drove to a different part of Burlington and found a much nicer hotel. Good cookies, though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry the size of our standard room was not to your satisfaction. We do have suites available in the hotel as well, and several package deals available for booking that would increase the value of the price you are paying. For instance, our bed and breakfast deal (which can be booked online) includes cooked to order breakfast in our restaurant, Trader Duke's, as well as the cost of your room. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback, and we hope to see you in the future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!