I booked a room for me and my son for a kids hockey tournament weekend at the South Burlington, VT Double Tree, located just 5 mins off I89 in Vermont. Since we had to book our rooms well in advance the hotel set up a web based booking system for our group and also offered a discounted rate - $95/night. This was quite useful indeed and saved us all money over regular rates. We did however need to sign a waiver before booking as this hotel has had experience with young hockey teams and families in the past (I'm assuming some bad experiences as well). We were told there would be no hockey playing in the halls and noise must be kept to a minimum in deference to other guests or they reserved the right to ask us to leave - a bit stodgy to me, but we were pre-warned. At times the hotel seemed overly strict about keeping our party noise to a minimum. There was also a "hotel guard" roaming the halls continuously and we were told to get out of the hallways a number of times. We all know that kids can get rambunctious, but the adults? Is it really necessary to police all the guests? The rooms were nice and clean with very comfy beds too. The bar and restaurant at the hotel is Trader Duke's - a nice little place to eat with the family and for us as a group. The only inconvenience was that they seemed understaffed when we went as a group for dinner. I'm not sure why they wouldn't know about numerous groups staying at the hotel and then plan accordingly regarding staffing. We had more than twenty in our party, and only one server. Getting drinks and food orders in was quite slow. It all worked out in the end however and they served a tasty burger. I wouldn't hesitate to revisit this hotel if I'm in Burlington again, but I would likely shop around a bit to compare rates and see if I could find a place with a more relaxed atmosphere and less rule enforcement. We really didn't spend much time at the hotel but it felt like you were being watched closely when you were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington