“Close to UVM” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vermont
“Close to UVM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

One night stay for an event at UVM. Super nice staff at front desk and in adjoining resto. Clean room and public areas. Comfy beds, nice linens. Quirky and awkward sink and bath arrangement. Carpeting was badly worn in our room. Pool area super clean, and nice temp, space. Offer perks for the different Honors levels. Good wifi and warm cookies at check-in. Rate does not include breakfast, no complimentary tea/coffee in lobby. Good breakfast in adjoining rest, some local and healthy options, huge portions. Overall good stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay! We are continually working to improve accommodations for our guests, such as recent updates in our public areas, carpets and wallpaper included. We look forward to further improvements in the near future, and appreciate any insight from our guests as to what they would like to see! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is just a perfect example of what I expect from anything associated with Hilton. As a diamond member, I was fortunate to get upgraded to a suite upon check in. The staff was incredibly accommodating, personable and friendly. I had a letter that needed to be mailed and the front desk staff offered to have it taken care of (postage).

The room was spacious and CLEAN. As a weekly traveler I cannot begin to stress that I will take cleanliness over design any day. In this case, the hotel is clearly maintained very well and has a very "Vermont" charm which I appreciated.

The location is extremely convenient to downtown and the interstate. All in all, no doubt in mind that I'll stay here the next time I have to travel to Plattsburgh or Burlington again for business.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. As a Hilton Honors member, we value your loyalty and enjoy the opportunity to reward you for that loyalty! Our entire staff works hard to provide the best service possible! We hope you visit us again soon!
Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

One of my, if not, favorite hotels in Burlington. If you don't need or want to be near the lake you can't beat this place. Great staff, very clean and awesome beds. One of the better hotel restaurants I visit and not too pricey. Very close to both UVM and Champlain College and not far from the highway but not so close you can hear traffic. Will always come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your continued loyalty. I am glad that you enjoy our property and all that it has to offer! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I travel to Burlington a few times a year on business and was glad to discover this gem after staying at several disappointing places. The hotel is modern and clean with a real friendly front desk. When you add Trader Dukes restaurant to that, you have a double win. It is a very convenient and comfortable place to stay.

Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here because it was a pet friendly hotel. My daughter and I were visiting colleges in the area and I liked the fact that this hotel was close to the interstate and UVM. Based on the pictures online, my expectations were pretty high, especially for the cost of the the room ($152 per night). However, upon arrival I was very disappointed in the size of the room and the bathroom. (Vanity in the entry way is very inconvenient). With just the two of us and the small dog, we were falling all over our bags and stuff. The furniture was very shabby and worn out. Definitely not what I expected for the price. Also, the doors need some kind of cushioning or closing mechanisms as the constant door slamming, at all hours, made sleeping difficult. If my daughter decides to attend UVM, I will upgrade to the Hilton in the downtown area instead, as I did not feel that this hotel was worth the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. We are very sorry that the guestroom did not meet your expectations , since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. We have shared your comments on the room noise from doors slamming with our maintenance team and will keep your concerns on the layout of the room in mind as we consider future renovations. We hope you and your daughter enjoyed your visit to the area and that she finds the school that best suits her.
Safe travels,
Rick Milliken
Lake Placid, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stay in Burlington often because we fly out of the airport there & our son goes to UVM. We always stay at the Hilton downtown because you can walk to Leunigs and shopping. I did the Doubletree because I could do a park and fly for same price as downtown. It was fine for an overnight. Everyone was very nice and the rooms were of Hilton comfort. We will stay there again for an overnight and cab it to Leunigs Bistro.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The DoubleTree is on the edge of Burlington, so it's not super convenient to downtown Burlington; if I were visiting again, I'd probably find a hotel downtown. But the Doubletree is within walking distance of the University of Vermont campus, even if it's a bit of a walk along Williston Road, which is very close to being a highway, so if your business is on the UVM campus, it's not inconvenient. But this hotel is semi-suburban in location & is clearly more convenient for people with cars. Despite its location, the DoubleTree is a quiet hotel & I didn't have any problem with street noise. In fact, I slept quite well, except for the usual slamming doors in the morning that I've had to put up with at hotels all over the country. My room had the bathroom sink outside of the bathroom, which was fine. The bathroom itself was tiny: just a bath & a toilet; and the one annoying aspect of the room was that the door to the bathroom wouldn't stay open except a crack; a doorstop for the bathroom door would have been helpful. The temperature control in the room was good, though; it was set for 71/72F, and the heat worked efficiently when the temperature outside went down into the 40s both nights. The room was clean, though when I arrived, there was a garment tag on the carpet (between the bed & the TV) that the vacuum cleaner apparently didn't pick up; other than that, though, there was nothing amiss about the room or the hotel. I didn't go for any meals in the restaurant or use the spa, so I can't comment on those facilities, but the wi-fi was free & reliable and my room had a working half refrigerator that one can't expect in all hotels. The one really nice little detail was a small pillow that was quite firm, unlike the overly soft pillows that just didn't work for me. While the hotel is not architecturally distinguished, it's not ugly, either, and I really liked the lobby, which had a working fireplace & was very cozy; it really looked like one would imagine a country inn in Vermont would look like. The staff was friendly & helpful and they sent a van with the image of a giant cookie on it to pick me up at the tiny Burlington 'International' Airport; and when I arrived, the staff gave me the warm chocolate chip cookie the Doubletree chain is famous for. I also appreciated their having local Vermont Macintosh apples in a basket at the front desk; I had 2 of them & they were fresh & crisp~!

Room Tip: Go for a room on the 2nd floor; 1st floor rooms in the front directly face the parking lot.