“Great Property and Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay and Fly
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Kingston, New Hampshire
“Great Property and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at this property for one night in early October 2012. The hotel is well situated right off of Interstate 89 in northern Vermont. Trader Duke's restaurant is in house and a great place to have dinner and a cocktail. Suzanne was bartending and I've seen her numerous times when staying here. She is a very sweet woman and very personable. The fitness center is open 24 hours and very well set up with working machines and televisions on every piece of equipment. I highly recommend this property when staying in lovely Burlington, Vermont.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time out to review your recent stay at our property. I hope that you enjoyed your time spent in Burlington and had a chance to see some of the amazing foliage that we are so lucky to experience this time of year! We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience in Trader Duke's, specifically with our long-time bartender, Suzanne. She really is fantastic and has a knack for conversation and getting to know our guests. I will be sure to pass your kudos along to her. Our guests really appreciate the convenience of a 24-hour fitness center and I'm pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy this amenity. What's better than being able to watch your favorite television program while getting your exercise in! I hope that if you have the opportunity to visit Burlington, Vermont again, you will choose to stay at the DoubleTree. We'll have a warm cookie waiting for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel lobby is OK, but the hotel itself is like any old $100/night hotel. The card entry on the door nearest our room only worked sporadically. The "bathroom" was a vanity built into the room entry-way, with a separate shower/toilet room. The toilet ran all night, the shower curtain fell down twice because it was not properly attached to the wall. A free cookie on arrival does not make up for the free breakfast you get at many other hotels that charge much less than this place. If this is a Hilton, then Hilton needs to inspect what it's recently bought and upgrade the rooms and service to Hilton standards (if there are any left).
I would never stay here again, even though the hotel was decently clean and the beds were fine. Too much money for just a decent bed.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want any kind of value at all.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel - I do hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of our hotel as well as the comfort of the beds - our guests just love our Sweet Dreams bedding and I hope that you enjoyed a good night's rest while you were here! I apologize that you experienced some issues while you were staying with us. I do hope that while you were here (or upon check-out) that you let us know about the toilet running and the shower rod. These are certainly two things that we could have taken care of immediately for you if the front desk had been informed. Some brands in the Hilton Family do include complimentary breakfast, but you usually find this at Hampton Inns or Embassy/Homewood Suites and are correct in the fact that our breakfast is not complimentary. We recently underwent our Quality Assurance Evaluation by Hilton and received an "Outstanding" score of 90.5 for cleanliness and condition. We are also ranked as the number 10 DoubleTree out of the brand, based on guest satisfaction scores. I am very sorry that you did not experience that same "outstanding" stay while you were our guest, but we do appreciate your feedback. If you would like to further discuss your stay, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me directly.
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a fine hotel, conveniently located near the Burlington airport, but there is nothing special about beyond its location. At $140 or 17500 points, it *was* a fair deal. Now at $250 or 40000 points it is a terrible deal.

I spoke to someone at the hotel about the change in pricing and she said it was based on strong customer feedback. I would like to offer my strong customer feedback that they should reconsider.

I'm not returning until they return to their senses.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington. I'm sorry that you did not feel that the amount of Hilton Honors points required for your stay was worth it. It is true that over the years our rates have increased, however our rates are in line with many hotels in the area and rates are always much higher during the summer in Burlington as it is one of the most popular times of the year to visit our city! This is true of all lodging establishments in the area. It was within the last year that the amount of points needed to redeem a free night at our hotel increased; this was based on DoubleTree guest satisfaction scores and Quality Assurance audits (we are now a category 6 hotel). Should you wish to further discuss your stay, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me. I'd be more than willing to chat with you.
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Well, the lobby is beautiful and the staff is really, really nice and very helpful. The free wi-fi worked well. The location was easily accessible from Burlington and we were able to walk to restaurants, the mall and a book store. For the amount of money we paid, however, I was quite surprised by the quality of the room. It was clean, but not particularly roomy, with a tiny bathroom that had in it the toilet and bathtub. The sink was in the entry way. We had a kingside bed that was too soft for me, although perhaps others might find it comfortable. I expected more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel - I hope that you had an excellent time in Burlington! Thank you for recognizing our convenient location and friendly/helpful staff. We really do pride ourselves on our people and culture and I'm very happy that you recognized that. I'm also glad that you had a chance to enjoy our complimentary wi-fi access. We just updated this late in July and our guests really seem to be enjoying the faster speeds! Our hotel was built in the 1960's and unfortunately we are at the mercy of our original footprint. To increase the size of our rooms would mean a complete renovation. Although there is not much that can be done about the size of rooms, we are always trying to provide our guests with the best experience that we can. We do this by performing renovations like the addition of our suites, bathroom renovations, new carpet and wallpaper in the hallways, as well as things like new flatscreen TVs and bedding in all of our rooms. Should you consider staying with us again, I might suggest checking out one of our suites. They are double the size of our standard rooms and may be more comfortable for you and your family if you are looking for more space. Once again, thank you for your feedback!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

BEWARE! If you're basing your decision to stay here based on the photos as currently posted on the hotel site or Trip advisor, you WILL be disappointed. The hotel lobby, with its' lofty ceiling and
extensive use of wood paneling offers travelers a first impression that is NOT consistent with the rest of the hotel including the guest rooms.
Our regular (non-suite) ROOM was significantly smaller than as depicted by the online photos.
Additionally, the rooms are awkwardly designed; upon entering the room, one is immediately presented with the non-privately located sink - counter area on one side of the room, with the minuscule toilet and small tub-shower enclosure located behind a door directly across.
There is no buffering entry area with closet as is standard in most chain hotels! (The closet is
located in the room proper)
The POOL is also much smaller than indicated by the professional hotel images. Read the copy carefully : it says "lap pool" - and that description is accurate - although the accompanying visual images most certainly are not!
The long low-ceilinged HALLWAYS are cheaply decorated and shabby at best. There were signs
posted here and there indicating that the hotel was in the process of "refurbishing", but we saw
no concrete physical evidence of that during our stay.
The good ?
The bedding is comfortable. The hotel reception staff was reasonably friendly and efficient.
The attached restaurant space is spacious and the breakfast adequate.(If a bit overpriced)
Overall, as far as the physical accommodations are concerned, we expect similar for a per night room cost averaging about $89 per. At more than double that price this DoubleTree by Hilton is a poor value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay at our hotel - I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm very sorry that you were disappointed with the size of our guestrooms and feel that what is depicted via pictures online is not what is true of the hotel in real life. It is true that our guest rooms may be smaller than those at other Burlington properties, but we are at the mercy of our original footprint and to expand all of our guest rooms would mean a complete renovation of the entire hotel. Some guests enjoy the sink and vanity area to be separate from the bathroom while others, like yourself, do not care for that – I apologize if this was inconvenient. Our bathrooms were renovated within the last few years and while smaller, they are beautifully done and very well kept. While we are unable to change the size or layout of our guestrooms, we are certainly taking steps to improve the property and to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay. In recent years we are have updated all bedding and televisions in guestrooms; most recently we have redone the carpet and wallpaper in the hallways and also added a new gift shop in our lobby so that guests have a quick and convenient place to grab snacks, beverages, and Vermont souvenirs. We also offer complimentary wi-fi and parking, which is something you may not find at other hotels in the area. We truly pride ourselves on our friendly and efficient staff and I'm happy to read that you recognized this level of service. Again, thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We recently stayed for one night at this hotel and upon arrival received a very warm welcome and two extremely yummy cookies.
We were a bit apprehensive after being given the keys to a room just off reception as we thought it might be a bit noisy, but we did not have any problems at all. To be honest the beds were so comfy we both slept very soundly.
There are a choice of restaurants nearby but you might be hard pressed to finding better than right next door at Trader Jukes. Very good service and good hearty fare.
If visiting do not miss one of the shops opposite the hotel selling very good cheese and wines, the variety of both is extremely excellent at very reasonable prices.
All in all a very good hotel for our needs and one we would certainly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel - it sounds like you had a wonderful time while visiting Burlington! We appreciate the kind words that you had to say about our hotel and restaurant. It sounds like despite being assigned to a room near the lobby you had no problems with noise or comfort - in fact you mention how comfortable our Sweet Dreams beds are and we're very glad to hear that! Trader Duke's certainly does serve up delicious, hearty fare and I'm happy that you had the opportunity to dine there while you were here - I'll be sure to pass along your kudos to the chef. Cheese and Wine Traders - located just a few minutes down the road from our hotel - is the best! We're always suggesting that our guests check their store out for the best prices on cheese and wine and of course, local products! I hope you were able to stock up on some before departing town. If you are back in the Burlington area we hope that you will choose to be our guest once again - we'll have those yummy DoubleTree cookies awaiting your arrival!
Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our first trip to Burlington, my children and I were looking at a nearby college. We were quite excited to see the area and looking forward to time along Lake Champlain. The location of this hotel is perfect! We were just off of the main highways, an easy 5 minute drive into downtown Burlington, and near local shopping and some basic fast food. Trader Duke's, the restaurant attached to the hotel, offers excellent food and very reasonable prices. The Sunday brunch was wonderful! Overall, the hotel is pretty basic, not awful, but we've certainly stayed in much better, especially Hilton brands. Had we not been using Hilton Honors points, I don't really think the hotel is worth the overall price when compared to similar properties. The rooms are rather small, dated and not overly comfortable for a familly. The beds were not very big or comfortable...mine noticeably curved into the center! Had to call daily for enough towels...we stated 4 people in the room but were always left with enough for maybe 3! The staff was friendly and courteous. Our room was on the lower level, overlooking a courtyard with HVAC units....somewhat dark with very little natural light coming in and also noisy with the window open. Probably will find another location for our next visit, but it really wasn't all that horrible!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel - I hope that you and the family enjoyed your time in Burlington and your college search! I appreciate your kind comments on the location of the hotel and our restaurant Trader Duke's. We have a very convenient location to the Burlington International Airport, Downtown Burlington, and all local colleges, including University of Vermont, Champlain College, and Saint Michael's College. Trader Duke's is known for their Sunday brunch and I'm very happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy it while you were here! I understand that our rooms can be a little tight for a full family. Despite the size of the rooms, we are always looking for ways to spruce things up and to increase our guests' satisfaction, most recently updating our televisions to flat screen TVs and changing over the bedding. Bathrooms have also been remodeled within the last two years. I'm very sorry that despite being a family of four that you still had to ask for additional towels during your stay. There is a standard number of towels put into each of our guest rooms and I'm sorry that you had to be bothered with asking while you were our guest. I understand you may want to explore other hotels should your son/daughter choose to attend college in Burlington, but I did want to let you know that we do offer discounted rates for all three major schools in the area - UVM, Champlain, and SMC - for those coming to visit a student at one of these colleges. Maybe next time one of our two-room suites would be more suitable for a family of 4 and we'd love the opportunity to have you as our guest again should you be back in the Burlington area!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!