“Dated room, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Dated room, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Could not make the AC go below 71, but stupid me, I didnt think about opening the window. On a chilly night outside- that would have fixed things. Restaurant breakfast was pricey, but pretty good and waitresses were attentive and quick. I'll stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front of the hotel. It is a HOOF to get back to the higher numbered rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I do hope you enjoyed the time you had in Burlington! I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble getting your room to the perfect temperature. I can assure you that we have folks here around the clock to assist with situations like this, so please don't ever hesitate to ask for assistance! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your breakfast in Trader Duke's and recognized their quick and attentive service. I will be sure to share your kind words with them. We do recognize that we have an older property, but we are always looking for ways to spruce things up so that we can provide better service and amenities to our guests. Recent renovations include standard guest room bathrooms, hallway carpeting and wallpaper, new flat-screen TVs and bedding in rooms, and we are currently working on an internet upgrade, which will increase our speeds by 20x - that will be quite the improvement for both our business and leisure travelers! I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area next. It'd be our pleasure to have you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here for three nights. It is conveniently located for the airport and for downtown Burlington. It is a hotel with everything in the right place, from phone to light switches to towel bars. It is very clean and the breakfast is excelent. Would recomend for business travelers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay at our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your time spent in Burlington! We are so glad to hear that you find our hotel to meet your business needs. It is true that we are very conveniently located just off Interstate 89 and US 2, which puts us in close proximity to the Burlington International Airport, Downtown, and various local businesses. I'm also happy to hear that you had the chance to take some time out to enjoy breakfast at Trader Duke's! They certainly do have a great breakfast menu that will give any business person the perfect start to their day. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and convenient with ample amenities and I hope that you also had some time to interact with our friendly and accommodating staff. If you are traveling to our area we would love to have you as a guest once again. Thank you for the recommendation!
Damascus, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights with my family on vacation in the Burlington area.

Positive: Nice location. Easy to get to the highway and also downtown Burlington in just minutes. Staff was very friendly and the suite we had was nice. Kids slept on the pull out couch. Had a fridge, microwave, etc... in the kitchen area.

Neutral: Hotel was a little older. Can't imagine having a basketball team stay here, as some of the hallway ceilings were low. Walking down part of the long hallway, could smell the few smoking rooms, but not a big deal.

Negative: Had a pool and hot tub but, everytime we went to the pool, the water was freezing cold. At one point the maint. crew had a hose going into the pool filling it up and the water coming out of the hose was freezing cold. Also I found the bed/pillows to be slightly uncomfortable. Woke up a little sore each morning.

Overall: Even with a few negatives, I would recommend the hotel. There were other hotel options in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. I hope you enjoyed your time spent in Burlington! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our spacious suites while you were in town. They are quite accommodating for guests staying with families because they feature the living room area with pull-out sofa, a small kitchen with full-size refrigerator and microwave, plus separate bedroom. Our quick and convenient location to Interstate 89 and downtown Burlington is definitely a positive for our guests, too! It is true that our property is an older building (hence the long hallways and low ceilings) but we are always working on ways to maintain the hotel and have gone through a number of renovations and upgrades in recent years, such as renovating all standard room bathrooms, new carpeting in public areas and hallways, new bedding, a brand new gift shop that just opened next to the front desk, and are in the process of finishing up a complete internet upgrade, which will make our complimentary wi-fi access 20 times faster. I'm very happy to know that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us and that our friendly staff was willing and able to accommodate all of your needs. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, should you visit our lovely city again!
Weston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We feel this hotel is very nice. We were here just one night we would return - nice employees, nice rooms, nice spot

Room Tip: try Hotwire for a great value.....we were able to get a very nice room for was very very good rate!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel for your recent stay in Burlington - I hope that you enjoyed your time spent here! We are so happy to hear that we have earned your loyalty through our friendly and outgoing staff, clean and well-kept rooms, and overall hotel accommodations. I hope that while you were here you had a chance to enjoy our 24-hour fitness center and/or pool and hot tub. It's the perfect time of year to also enjoy our outdoor courtyard and gazeebo - unfortunately the time to enjoy this area of the hotel is all too short in Vermont! While you were staying with us I hope that you were able to have a meal or drink in Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge. We are gearing up to change the menu up a bit and that should debut early next month. I hope that if you do travel back to our city that we will have the pleasure of having you as a guest once again!
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Reasonable rates for a hotel still fairly close to downtown, and just a short walk from University of Vermont. Also within easy walking distance of Common Ground. The courtyard/gazebo in the center was very pretty. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were a little on the small side. Did not eat at the restaurant. No complimentary breakfast is the only reason I did not give them 5 Stars. McDonalds is close by. Did not use pool/spa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so glad to hear that you you enjoyed our hotel's location and close proximity to the University of Vermont, Higher Ground Music Hall, and that we're only two miles from Downtown Burlington. I'm glad that you had some time to relax in our courtyard - it's just now in full bloom and the Wisteria is beautiful! We love that our guests take advantage of this common area, when in season, and we're certainly off to a great start to summer! We just recently updated our mattresses and bedding in rooms so I am glad to hear you had a good night's sleep while you were here. Maybe the next time you are in town you will have some more free time to enjoy the pool and fitness center and maybe even to dine in Trader Duke's - they are known for their breakfast! Thank you again for taking the time out to review our hotel. We hope to see you again sometime!
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were here for 1 night. Got in late. They picked us up in a complimentary shuttle from the airport and again when I had to go to the airport the next morning to pick up our car. A VERY easy drive from the airport. Pretty much a straight shot. The cookies, from what my boyfriend said, were very good. He ate both of them as I avoid eating sweets so late and he has no problems doing so. They were warm and smelled delicious. I wish they had offered an apple or orange or banana or something remotely healthier. The front desk people were VERY friendly and competent. Of course, I am not a fussy guest. The hotel is next to a curious looking "Gift barn" but I didn't walk in. They are close to a Starbucks and it is a short easy drive to downtown/waterfront. The room itself is clean and nice with a king sized bed, a desk, and a chair/ottoman. Outlets on the lamps makes it easy to use your cellphone as your alarm clock. I paid for the room with points, so I'm not sure if paying full price for the room would color my review.

Room Tip: Our room faced the parking lot. Seemed pretty quiet. Heavy curtains make it easier to sleep during...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so happy to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel. Our guests really enjoy our close proximity and complimentary shuttle service to and from the Burlington International Airport (BTV), especially that the service runs 24-7! The DoubleTree cookie is our special way of welcoming our guests and providing them a warm treat and that's great that your boyfriend enjoyed it. If you come back and visit us in the fall then you will be greeted with the choice of a cookie and/or a fresh Vermont apple, which we have available at the desk during foliage season! We understand that lodging options are plentiful in Burlington and our staff strives to provide the warmest and most welcoming service along with clean and comfortable accommodations - I'm glad that you recognize these attributes. Our convenient location to the airport, downtown, and other Burlington attractions appeals to business and leisure travelers alike and I do hope that you will choose the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington should you decide to travel to the area again.
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I travel up to to Burlington frequently for work. I love the location. It's close to I 89 and across from a Starbucks. A warm cookie awaits me when I check in along with the "it's nice to see you again." The hotel is clean, people are friendly and Burlington is a great town . I couldn't be happier.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear that our hotel's location meets your needs. Being located just off Interstate 89 we do have a very convenient location to downtown, the airport, the University Mall, and of course Starbucks! Our staff prides themselves on their friendly customer service and cleanliness and I'm very glad to see that you recognize both of those attributes. We love to welcome back our return guests and it's very nice that we can call you one of those guests! You are right - Burlington is a fantastic town (or small city) and I hope that when you travel back to Burlington for business that you will choose us as your "home away from home" yet again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#2 of 15 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 9 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 stars 812 reviews
Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!