“Nice place. Decent price. Small Room. Comfy Beds” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Nice place. Decent price. Small Room. Comfy Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Reasonable rates for a hotel still fairly close to downtown, and just a short walk from University of Vermont. Also within easy walking distance of Common Ground. The courtyard/gazebo in the center was very pretty. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were a little on the small side. Did not eat at the restaurant. No complimentary breakfast is the only reason I did not give them 5 Stars. McDonalds is close by. Did not use pool/spa.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so glad to hear that you you enjoyed our hotel's location and close proximity to the University of Vermont, Higher Ground Music Hall, and that we're only two miles from Downtown Burlington. I'm glad that you had some time to relax in our courtyard - it's just now in full bloom and the Wisteria is beautiful! We love that our guests take advantage of this common area, when in season, and we're certainly off to a great start to summer! We just recently updated our mattresses and bedding in rooms so I am glad to hear you had a good night's sleep while you were here. Maybe the next time you are in town you will have some more free time to enjoy the pool and fitness center and maybe even to dine in Trader Duke's - they are known for their breakfast! Thank you again for taking the time out to review our hotel. We hope to see you again sometime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were here for 1 night. Got in late. They picked us up in a complimentary shuttle from the airport and again when I had to go to the airport the next morning to pick up our car. A VERY easy drive from the airport. Pretty much a straight shot. The cookies, from what my boyfriend said, were very good. He ate both of them as I avoid eating sweets so late and he has no problems doing so. They were warm and smelled delicious. I wish they had offered an apple or orange or banana or something remotely healthier. The front desk people were VERY friendly and competent. Of course, I am not a fussy guest. The hotel is next to a curious looking "Gift barn" but I didn't walk in. They are close to a Starbucks and it is a short easy drive to downtown/waterfront. The room itself is clean and nice with a king sized bed, a desk, and a chair/ottoman. Outlets on the lamps makes it easy to use your cellphone as your alarm clock. I paid for the room with points, so I'm not sure if paying full price for the room would color my review.

Room Tip: Our room faced the parking lot. Seemed pretty quiet. Heavy curtains make it easier to sleep during...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so happy to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel. Our guests really enjoy our close proximity and complimentary shuttle service to and from the Burlington International Airport (BTV), especially that the service runs 24-7! The DoubleTree cookie is our special way of welcoming our guests and providing them a warm treat and that's great that your boyfriend enjoyed it. If you come back and visit us in the fall then you will be greeted with the choice of a cookie and/or a fresh Vermont apple, which we have available at the desk during foliage season! We understand that lodging options are plentiful in Burlington and our staff strives to provide the warmest and most welcoming service along with clean and comfortable accommodations - I'm glad that you recognize these attributes. Our convenient location to the airport, downtown, and other Burlington attractions appeals to business and leisure travelers alike and I do hope that you will choose the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington should you decide to travel to the area again.
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I travel up to to Burlington frequently for work. I love the location. It's close to I 89 and across from a Starbucks. A warm cookie awaits me when I check in along with the "it's nice to see you again." The hotel is clean, people are friendly and Burlington is a great town . I couldn't be happier.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear that our hotel's location meets your needs. Being located just off Interstate 89 we do have a very convenient location to downtown, the airport, the University Mall, and of course Starbucks! Our staff prides themselves on their friendly customer service and cleanliness and I'm very glad to see that you recognize both of those attributes. We love to welcome back our return guests and it's very nice that we can call you one of those guests! You are right - Burlington is a fantastic town (or small city) and I hope that when you travel back to Burlington for business that you will choose us as your "home away from home" yet again!
Alapaha, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were only here for one night but it was close to interstate, clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful in recommending some local antique shops. The attached restaurant wasn't bad either.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that the front desk staff was helpful in finding you a few antique places to peruse while you were in town. Hopefully you had some good luck finding some nice items! We're happy that you had the opportunity to try out Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge while you were staying with us. Our convenient location, just off Interstate 89, means that our hotel is in very close proximity to the highway, airport, and downtown Burlington - a central location to get just about anywhere you need to while you're visiting. I hope that if you travel to our beautiful city in the future that you will choose to stay with us again. We'll look forward to having you back!
Central, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree in Burlington Vt for a mini get away with our son and granddaughters. It's an average hotel, the rooms are a bit worn but all was comfortable. We spent time in the pool which was clean, the water could have been a bit warmer, the granddaughters got cold pretty fast. But maybe that was a way to get them out of the pool. We ate at Trader Duke's for dinner and breakfast. Breakfast was good, dinner very bland, nothing great. Good location to get around Burlington.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for you review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your getaway to Burlington with your son and grandkids! I'm so happy that you recognize our convenient location, just off Interstate 89 and centrally located for getting in and around Burlington. Our property has been successfully operating as a hotel since the 1970's, so while the building itself is 40 years old, we are always looking for ways to spruce things up to provide better guest satisfaction. Some of this recent work includes the renovation of all standard bathrooms, new carpeting and wallpaper in all hallways, and we're also gearing up for an internet upgrade as well as the addition of a new gift shop next to the front desk and a "Grab n' Go" cafe to be located in the lobby as well. I'm also glad to hear that the grandkids enjoyed our indoor heated pool. We keep the temperature in our pool at 82 degrees, which is usually quite comfortable for most guests. I'm sure that the temperature did not stop them from having some fun! Thank you also for your compliments to our restaurant, Trader Duke's. Breakfast is by far their most popular meal period and I'm happy that you and the family were able to start the day off right with a nice, hot meal!
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just back from weekend there April 20th, 2012
I've been coming here for 4 years for a weekend tournament in town. Always been clean, efficient, and friendly. Typical room, two doubles, 5 pillows on each bed to choose soft or hard pillows to your liking. Bathroom was fine and tiles in good condition.Like that there's outlets for charging devices on the lamp on top of the desk and beside bed so you don't have to go looking behind furniture for them. Room had small fridge, handy to keep some drinks and snacks cold and freeze ice pack from cooler in car for return trip home.

Upon check in I asked for some extra towels to be sent to room and they were on in the bathroom by the time I brought the bags in from the car. Very efficient. I had no problem with internet connection. Called "care" number from card on desk in room to find out how to connect to it. Was given passcode and had no problem connecting. I received a phone call back from them 10 min later checking to see if I was able to connect. I used my ipod in room to check and send email and surf net for directions to local arenas. Didn't have a problem with the wifi at all but wasn't streaming videos down on it.

Ate breakfast on Sunday at Trader Duke's (hotel restaurant) arrived 10 min before 9:00 am when $14.95 buffet starts which was good because we could easily get a table and had a coffee while waiting for buffet to be opened. Buffet was good, offered omlette station, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, pastries, juice, some lunch items and coffee came included. other breakfasts don't include coffee/tea (at $2.50) and range from $7.95-10.95

Went to pool area to relax muscles in hot tub after playing sports and enjoyed it. Jets not powerful but water is kept very hot.

Like the location near the University mall with Applebees IHOP and Hannaford's groceries nearby. Gas station beside it. 5 min from downtown Burlington simple to drive out of hotel and you're on road going right into downtown. Easy access to Hwy 89 and 15 min from outlet stores in Essex Junction.

Room Tip: Always been on first floor and happy.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington for the Champlain Full Stride Shoot Out! I'm so glad to hear that we have earned your loyalty by providing consistent, comfortable, and friendly service. Our CAREline is used whenever a guest has a request or problem and I'm happy that our front desk staff was able to assist you with getting onto our complimentary wi-fi network. That's wonderful that you enjoyed your brunch in Trader Duke's and that you found value for the price paid. It is true we have a very convenient location, just off Interstate 89 and within walking and driving distance to the University Mall, gas stations and grocery stores, as well as other shopping and restaurant options. I hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit our beautiful city again and certainly if you are competing in next year's tournament!
Central Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We met colleagues here for a 2 day working session. One of us booked a suite and we used that.

The staff including the front desk service were friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and reasonably appointed. The bed was comfortable.

Wifi was a little slow and dropped us a few times. Something to consider if you are having a business meeting that requires video internet access.

The hotel is located right off RT 89 and about a mile from downtown Burlington. There are many options for dining.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jen B, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I'm so glad that you experienced a friendly and helpful check-in. We pride ourselves on providing warm and welcoming service and I'm happy that you had a chance to experience that first hand. Our two-room suites with full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, work area, and separate bedroom, are perfect for families and business travelers alike. I'm glad that you and your co-workers were able to comfortably meet in a suite while you were staying with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our complimentary wi-fi access, but we're very excited to be gearing up for a complete internet upgrade, which will bring our speeds from 1mbps to 20mbps, a huge improvement! I hope that if you do visit the Burlington area again for business or pleasure that you will choose to stay with us and will have the opportunity to enjoy our new wi-fi experience first hand.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#2 of 15 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 9 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 stars 812 reviews
Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!