“Great experience - Park & fly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Stay and Ski Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Montreal
“Great experience - Park & fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed one night in early January. Everything perfect with hotel: check-in, staff, nice clean room, etc. We were a group of 15 people, and needed a one night stay and parking before our early morning flight to Orlando. No issues at departure or return, shuttle service was on time, friendly and efficient. Airport is just minutes away. Downtown Burlington is really nice, lots of boutiques and restaurants, too bad it was so cold!!
Would definitely recommend to anyone departing from the Burlington International Airport. Short and easy drive from Montreal!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so happy to hear that our 24-hour complimentary hotel shuttle worked well with your travel needs. I hope your group had a pleasant trip to Orlando, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Ideal location for those travelling out of Burlington Airport, driving from Montreal (like us). This is a solid, small-town Doubletree (you know what that means - yep, free cookies at check in!) with modern rooms. Decor is up to date, best of which being a large flat screen tv. In room coffee machine with Wolfgang Puck coffee pods was a welcome addition. Thee staff is very polite and will coordinate a free aiport shuttle for you. Said airport is a five minute drive away making this the ideal spot for a pre-flight stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was pleasant, comfortable, and convenient, and we thank you so very much for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent visit. We constantly strive to make the guest experience at our hotel a memorable one, and we are always so happy to hear when the expectations of our guests have been exceeded. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay with us!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This made my third trip to this Doubletree and while I still enjoyed my stay - and the restaurant (don't believe that other reviewer, I ate here almost every night and enjoyed every meal) - the hotel could definitely use a refresher. One thing that particularly bothered me was that the first time I stayed here in 2010, the beds were to die for.... I never wanted to get out of them! I stayed again in 2011 and that time, the beds were ok, but not half as good as the first stay. Well I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised this trip but unfortunately I wasn't. The bed is now just ordinary. It isn't uncomfortable, but it is definitely not 'to die for' any longer. If I am not mistaken, it was DoubleTree that led the way with the 'amazing' beds. Many other chains have followed, now realizing how much it influences a traveler's opinion of a place. Unfortunately DoubleTree has let that lapse for some reason. This Doubletree could also use a new coat of paint, some new decor and a lighter fresher feel to it. It is now dated and it shows.
The staff however are still excellent.... Lesley at the front desk went out of her way a number of times to help me. And Sarah, the Front Desk Manager was excellent too. They made me feel like I was coming "home", which really made me feel very welcome.
I will continue to come here (my son attends college there and I go to see him once a year) as the hotel is now like an old comfy sweater, but I do recommend that it gets a freshening up soon.

Room Tip: I like the ones closest to the lobby and - unless you really need two queens, get the king room as t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
JonathanAmon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton. I am happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel on a regular basis. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to make improvements to our hotel. We are looking forward to completing a few updates to our property. Over the past few months we have updated all of the carpets and wallpaper in the hallways and are working on updating the look of our lobby and foyer areas. I look forward to you enjoying these updates in your future stays with us!
Longueuil, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel once a year for the last 3 years before morning flights out of Burlington international airport using their "Park and Fly" service which include parking for up to 14 days and free shuttle to and from the airport. Even tough the price may seem a bit expensive it only comes up about 80$ more expensive than parking directly at the airport and saves us the hassle of leaving our house at 2AM to catch our flight.

The hotel offers very nice rooms and suites that are perfect for short 1 or 2 night stays but may be a little bit too small and restrictive for longer stays. If you plan on staying longer than 2 nights I strongly suggest you book a suite as they offer more storage space and a nice living room area complete with a couch which offer a comfortable place to watch TV and surf the Internet using the hotel's free Wi-Fi access. The rooms are very clean and well maintained and the beds are very comfortable. TV channels available include all local channels (NBC, FOX, CBS, PBS, etc.) as well as a huge selection of speciality channels including HBO and Pay-per-View movies. The free Internat access is slow enough to make video streaming (Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, ...) a painful experience but is adequate for regular web surfing and e-mail. Another downside is the sound proofing of the doors which is really poor. When walking in the hallway you can easily hear anything that is been said or any TV channel in the occupied rooms. The problem is also there in communicating rooms although it is far less worse than in the hallways.

The Hotel is nicely located approximately one block from I-89 at walking distance from University Mall which is the largest shopping mall in the Burlington area, less than 10 minutes by car from the airport and downtown Burlington. A restaurant is available directly in the Hotel but the prices run on the very expensive side for what it is and the opening hours are not really practical for people leaving on early morning flights. A Starbucks is located directly across the street and many other very good dining options of all price ranges are available in the Burlington area and easily accessible by car.

The Hotel also offers a very good airport shuttle service to and from the airport. To return to the hotel when you arrive back to the airport you only need to call the front desk using the courtesy phones provided at the airport and the shuttle is immediately dispatched and picks you up within about 5 minutes.

Overall, we are very satisfied with our experience at the Doubletree Hotel and will not hesitate to stay at this location in the future and to recommend it to friends and family looking for a place to stay in Burlington.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Overall, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are so happy to have you returning to our property year after year! We are constantly making improvements to the hotel, and within the next few months we will be receiving a wonderful upgrade to our internet service, which will enhance the internet connectivity throughout our property. I am pleased to hear that our 24-hour airport shuttle continues to be reliable and convenient for you. Our team at the hotel loves to hear how some many of our hotel guests are repeat guests, and I will certainly celebrate this email with the entire team. We look forward to your return to Burlington, hopefully in the near future!
Chicoutimi, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

THE GOOD

- Free internet : Connection a bit slow, but most of the hotels now offer free wireless.

- Location (for shopping) : Relatively close to everything - I found that the hotel was well situated - within a couple of miles from church street and close to the highway. Great place as a central location if you go down for shopping and have a car.

THE BAD

- Location (for sightseeing) - if you are looking for something that is walking distance to church street, this is not a hotel for you. Not well located if you are in the area for sightseeing and looking to walk around.

- Restaurants : not a lot of choices nearby, will have to drive out if you are looking for variety of cuisines...

- Rooms : Below average - rooms getting a little fatigued and out of date. we asked for a King bed in our room with non-smoking. When we got in our room, the smell of smoke was overwhelming and actually nauseating (like a cheap motel). Bed was comfortable though.

- Service - When I went back to get another room, and told them that we would accept 2 double beds if that is what they had, they gladly gave us another room but it was with a queen bed only. Disappointing but at that point, we were tired of traveling and just wanted to relax and get ready to get out and didn't want to ask for another room. I would have liked for front desk to give us something similar but I have a feeling they were trying to get rid of the room and hoping I wouldn't come back and ask for another room.

- Breakfast - No free breakfast (continental). If we did, we weren't told about it.

NOR GOOD OR BAD

- Room Keeping - Rooms kept clean but the rooms were made late afternoon.

OVERALL

I will definitely look for another hotel when going back down to Burlington. Will only go there if there is nothing better in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Antigua, Guatemala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I booked this hotel at a not so inexpensive rate after reading the reviews here and I was truly surprised that no one mentioned how small and inadequate the rooms were. Hilton should be ashamed of themselves to have this motel be part of their offering. I've stayed in many Doubletree hotels and this is NOT a doubletree that you would expect. I'm now skeptical to stay at another. We stayed in a double room. The rooms are so small that you simply cannot pass each other in the room. The bathroom, if you can call them that, is tiny. The shower head is also about 5 feet 8 so if you are taller you have to squat to take a shower. I have never been in a hotel in my entire lifetime of having travelled all over the world where the shower wasn't well above your head. Honestly, we felt taken. Truly, I am unable to understand how anyone designing such a room can believe that anyone would be comfortable. It is true that the staff is nice, and the rooms are clean but so are the staff and rooms at the neighboring hotels, but they are more comfortable. My advice is bake your own cookies and find somewhere else to stay. We did.

Room Tip: There aren't any
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
JonathanAmon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us. You are absolutely right, we are more mature property. Our property has been functioning as a successful hotel in Burlington since the 1960's. Although we have not changed our physical footprint since the hotel was built, we have undergone many improvements to keep our hotel as successful as it is. In 2004 we added 32 new suites to our property and in 2006 every one of our bathrooms was renovated specifically to comply with Hilton brand standards. As a result of these changes, Hilton invited us to become a member of their family. Since our conversion to the DoubleTree Brand in 2005 our guests have rated us one of the top 20 of all Doubletrees in the nation, we finished 2011 as number 18! Hilton is extremely proud to have us in their family. They have awarded us with the coveted Care Cup in 2008 which recognizes extraordinary customer service and the Crystal Cookie for our exemplary community service. I can proudly and honestly say that The DoubleTree by Hilton, Burlington sets the trend for hospitality in the Burlington area. We are not the biggest, we are not the newest and we are not the shiniest, but we are the best!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

My girl and I love the the Doubletree when we come to BTV this is our home away from home. Great service with a smile the cookies are amazing my girlfriend and i can never just have 1. The rooms are clean and cozy up-to-date (Trader Duke) a bit $$ but Omg there blueberries pancakes Yummie.try there Chicken wings and deserts you won't be despondent. Next time you stay in BTV we Recommend the Doubletree 5 mins off the airport.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!