I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last couple of months when traveling to Burlington, VT for business. On two occasions, I've checked out, had cancelled flights, and then checked back in for another night. The hotel offers a "distressed traveler" rate if you miss your flight or your flight is cancelled. That's a substantial benefit that has caused me to make this my primary hotel in Burlington.
The location offers easy access to the Interstate. The area isn't wakable, but you can drive pretty easily to UVM and the Church Street area. The hotel restaurant ("Trader Dukes") offers good service, and good affordable comfort food.
The hotel is in the process of some needed and timely upgrades (they were replacing the carpet when I last stayed there).
The layout of the hotel is approximately a "u-shape" with two floors and a pool in the central courtyard. Some of the rooms are very far away from the main check-in area; but you can park close to your room.
The front-desk staff are friendly and remember repeat guests. Wifi (slow) is free for HHonors Gold+.
I would definitely stay here again if I went to BTV for business.
There is a shuttle that will take you to the airport (even to make the first flight out).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington