“Nice business hotel near BTV airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in South Burlington
Seattle, WA
“Nice business hotel near BTV airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last couple of months when traveling to Burlington, VT for business. On two occasions, I've checked out, had cancelled flights, and then checked back in for another night. The hotel offers a "distressed traveler" rate if you miss your flight or your flight is cancelled. That's a substantial benefit that has caused me to make this my primary hotel in Burlington.

The location offers easy access to the Interstate. The area isn't wakable, but you can drive pretty easily to UVM and the Church Street area. The hotel restaurant ("Trader Dukes") offers good service, and good affordable comfort food.

The hotel is in the process of some needed and timely upgrades (they were replacing the carpet when I last stayed there).

The layout of the hotel is approximately a "u-shape" with two floors and a pool in the central courtyard. Some of the rooms are very far away from the main check-in area; but you can park close to your room.

The front-desk staff are friendly and remember repeat guests. Wifi (slow) is free for HHonors Gold+.

I would definitely stay here again if I went to BTV for business.

There is a shuttle that will take you to the airport (even to make the first flight out).

Room Tip: The king suites are a nice upgrade (they have a fridge, microwave, minibar, etc.) but they're a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you had an enjoyable experience once again, and we hope to continue to be your preferred hotel in the Burlington area. I am thrilled to report that we have completed the installation of our new carpet and wallpaper in the hallways of our hotel. The new, fresh look certainly brings a rejuvenated appearance to our hotel. As one of the top-ranked hotels for business in the Burlington area, we are confident that business travelers and families alike will have their expectations exceeded at the DoubleTree. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Used this hotel as a base for Vermont sightseeing. We stayed in a King Suite which was large, comfortable and fairly well equipped, had a full size fridge & freezer (unlike the regular rooms). Best to go for these rooms if you are staying a few days although they are somewhat more expensive. Good supermarkets nearby. Had breakfast included with Hilton Honors, Trader Dukes very good during the week but the Sunday exeperince was terrible, kept running out of food, coffee flasks, plates, cutlery. Far too busy trying to accomodate both hotel guests and outside people. Go somewhere else for breakfast on Sunday or go really early!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Overall, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I am happy to hear that you found the suite that you stayed in to be comfortable and spacious. These suites are certainly ideal for families traveling together or business travelers who require a little extra space. Although I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast that is offered to our Diamond and Gold Hilton Honors guests, I am sorry to hear that your experience in our restaurant, Trader Duke's, did not meet your expectations on Sunday. Our restaurant has been a local's favorite for years, and our Sunday brunch is one of Burlington's most popular Sunday spots. As a hotel guest, we are happy to accept reservations for you, as Sunday's are often extremely busy. I certainly apologize that your experience in the restaurant on Sunday did not match the positive experiences in your previous visits that week. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel once again and provide you with the wonderful Trader Duke's Sunday Brunch experience you deserve!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My friend booked this hotel for a 3 night stay. The 4 of us split a room (a couple on the pullout couch and a couple in the bedroom). The room was clean, roomy, well lit and comfy. And shockingly, the pull out bed was comfortable!

My husband had to work out of the room for a while and had no problems. He's a voiceover guy so not only does he need a quiet atmosphere, but also solid wi-fi and several outlets.

We all got a chance to use the gym/pool once or twice. Both areas exceeded my expectations! The gym had lots of nice equipment, towels, extra headphones, etc... Everything seems clean as well.

The hotel is located in a really nice spot. It's right off the highway. Plus, it's in walking distance to a mall, some restaurants and other shops. It's always nice when you don't have to drive everywhere.

The staff was really friendly. There was always housekeeping staff in the halls and they would say hello was you passed.

We were hoping for free breakfast, but no such luck. The coffee in the room was surprisingly ok. And, there's a Starbucks across the street.

I totally forgot about the cookies....man, they're a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us, and even exceeded your expectations. I am pleased to hear that our hospitality team was friendly and helpful during your stay, and I will share your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for your kind words and thoughtful review. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the near future!
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We went to a wedding at this hotel and they did a great job, we spent the night and the room was very nice, great mattress , thick towels, very clean and can't beat it for the money !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that the wedding was well-received. Our warm and professional banquet team takes pride in creating everlasting memories, and we are delighted to hear that you feel our service team met your expectations. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is the fourth(!) Burlington area hotel I have stayed in during the last year and a half. I would stay here again, at the rate we got, with a slight modification. I decided to use Hilton's pre-check in option and chose room 104 because it had a king bed and faced the courtyard. I should have thought about the numbering system because 104 was right next to the check in desk and very close to the lobby. Fortunately, the rooms are fairly sound-proof and the beds are extremely comfortable so we did get a good nights sleep.

The layout of the rooms are extremely space conscious. The bathroom is about the size of our half-bath at home but in place of the sink is a shower stall. I'm about 5 foot tall and for the first time, I felt that I was in a shower built for my height. I'm sure anyone around 6' would be ducking their head to get under the shower-head. The sink is outside the bathroom right next to the hall door. While this was convenient when one person was in the bathroom and another needed to use the vanity and mirror, it was weird.

The chair, the beds and the pillows were very comfortable. wifi, was a little spotty and the first night both my husband and I had to log in numerous times with our smartphones.

There is a little shopping center to the side of the hotel which may not be immediately apparent. My husband dropped me off one night when he went back to the room early and I visited the Barnes and Noble, a Dakin Farm store and an EMS. It was an easy walk back.

Hilton members (perhaps just gold?) get coupons for a free hot breakfast in the attached restaurant. We enjoyed that very much.

Room Tip: Choose higher numbered room to be further from the front desk. If you have a mobility issue choose...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I thank this reviewer for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were happy with the accommodations. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast in our restaurant, Trader Duke's, which is offered on a complimentary basis for our Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members. As you found, our hotel is conveniently located adjacent to several shops, restaurants and local businesses. We hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel during your next visit to Burlington!
ATL, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a very nice hotel near the Burlington Airport, and is typically priced lower (and has far better amenities) than it's Hilton cousin down by the water.
Of note:
- Relatively quiet hotel and location - lots of cabin crew members stay here - airplane noise not an issue despite being close to hotel
- EXCELLENT in-room dining...DELICIOUS and reasonably priced - local specials on the menu
- VERY nice Breakfast - the Eggs Benedict was very tasty in the Vermont themed restaurant and it's NOT a Buffet!
- Great shower - Speakman Anystream showerhead with decent pressure

The bad:
- Slightly cramped layout in a room with 2 double beds
- Still a bit more than I would have liked to pay.
- Unbelievably slow [but free] internet with no option to upgrade to a higher speed tier (~512kbps down, ~256kbps up) This is far below the FCC definition of Basic Broadband which is 4Mbps down, and 1Mbps up
- No HD channels despite having a flatscreen LCD television, and the PBS channel did not come in properly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
We are pleased to read your review regarding your stay with us, and we are happy to hear that you feel we offer superior amenities compared to our competition. Our dedicated service team strives to exceed each guest's expectations and we are confident our hotel offers among the very best service and amenities in the Burlington area. I am glad that you recognized the quality of our restaurant, Trader Duke's. Trader Duke's serves up hearty New England comfort food, which can be enjoyed in our enviting dining room next to a roaring fireplace, or delivered right to your door via room service. We do offer a selection of HD channels in our rooms and suites, which have stunning picture quality on our 37" televisions. These HD channel options are located on channels 38-47 on our TV line-up, and include ESPN HD, Discovery HD, NESN HD, all major networks in HD, as well as others. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon, and again, thank you for sharing your comments with us.
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I don't expect a ton from hotel rooms, but this one was very nice. We were upgraded to a suite that was nearly the size of my apartment at the time. I really enjoy the Hilton hotels and have great trust in them. The room was clean, roomy, scent-free, and the bathroom was quite large. The breakfast was your typical hotel quick prep food of cereal, yogurt, bread items, scrambled eggs, and a meat product or two. Fine for a 'free' meal. This hotel is not walking distance to anything though. You have to get in your car to go anywhere, which if you're there for business is fine but if you're there to play in Burlington you might want to find someplace closer to downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that you found the suite to be spacious, clean, and comfortable. We do our very best to offer upgrades to our Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members when occupancy allows, and we love to hear how our guests find our suite accommodations a perfect fit. Although we are located just under 2 miles from downtown Burlington, we still have some excellent restaurants, shopping, and parks within walking distance of our hotel. Just ask our enthusiastic guest service team, and we will guide you in the right direction! I hope we are able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!