“Very nice hotel !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Vero Beach, Florida
“Very nice hotel !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We went to a wedding at this hotel and they did a great job, we spent the night and the room was very nice, great mattress , thick towels, very clean and can't beat it for the money !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that the wedding was well-received. Our warm and professional banquet team takes pride in creating everlasting memories, and we are delighted to hear that you feel our service team met your expectations. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is the fourth(!) Burlington area hotel I have stayed in during the last year and a half. I would stay here again, at the rate we got, with a slight modification. I decided to use Hilton's pre-check in option and chose room 104 because it had a king bed and faced the courtyard. I should have thought about the numbering system because 104 was right next to the check in desk and very close to the lobby. Fortunately, the rooms are fairly sound-proof and the beds are extremely comfortable so we did get a good nights sleep.

The layout of the rooms are extremely space conscious. The bathroom is about the size of our half-bath at home but in place of the sink is a shower stall. I'm about 5 foot tall and for the first time, I felt that I was in a shower built for my height. I'm sure anyone around 6' would be ducking their head to get under the shower-head. The sink is outside the bathroom right next to the hall door. While this was convenient when one person was in the bathroom and another needed to use the vanity and mirror, it was weird.

The chair, the beds and the pillows were very comfortable. wifi, was a little spotty and the first night both my husband and I had to log in numerous times with our smartphones.

There is a little shopping center to the side of the hotel which may not be immediately apparent. My husband dropped me off one night when he went back to the room early and I visited the Barnes and Noble, a Dakin Farm store and an EMS. It was an easy walk back.

Hilton members (perhaps just gold?) get coupons for a free hot breakfast in the attached restaurant. We enjoyed that very much.

Room Tip: Choose higher numbered room to be further from the front desk. If you have a mobility issue choose...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I thank this reviewer for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were happy with the accommodations. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast in our restaurant, Trader Duke's, which is offered on a complimentary basis for our Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members. As you found, our hotel is conveniently located adjacent to several shops, restaurants and local businesses. We hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel during your next visit to Burlington!
ATL, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a very nice hotel near the Burlington Airport, and is typically priced lower (and has far better amenities) than it's Hilton cousin down by the water.
Of note:
- Relatively quiet hotel and location - lots of cabin crew members stay here - airplane noise not an issue despite being close to hotel
- EXCELLENT in-room dining...DELICIOUS and reasonably priced - local specials on the menu
- VERY nice Breakfast - the Eggs Benedict was very tasty in the Vermont themed restaurant and it's NOT a Buffet!
- Great shower - Speakman Anystream showerhead with decent pressure

The bad:
- Slightly cramped layout in a room with 2 double beds
- Still a bit more than I would have liked to pay.
- Unbelievably slow [but free] internet with no option to upgrade to a higher speed tier (~512kbps down, ~256kbps up) This is far below the FCC definition of Basic Broadband which is 4Mbps down, and 1Mbps up
- No HD channels despite having a flatscreen LCD television, and the PBS channel did not come in properly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
We are pleased to read your review regarding your stay with us, and we are happy to hear that you feel we offer superior amenities compared to our competition. Our dedicated service team strives to exceed each guest's expectations and we are confident our hotel offers among the very best service and amenities in the Burlington area. I am glad that you recognized the quality of our restaurant, Trader Duke's. Trader Duke's serves up hearty New England comfort food, which can be enjoyed in our enviting dining room next to a roaring fireplace, or delivered right to your door via room service. We do offer a selection of HD channels in our rooms and suites, which have stunning picture quality on our 37" televisions. These HD channel options are located on channels 38-47 on our TV line-up, and include ESPN HD, Discovery HD, NESN HD, all major networks in HD, as well as others. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon, and again, thank you for sharing your comments with us.
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I don't expect a ton from hotel rooms, but this one was very nice. We were upgraded to a suite that was nearly the size of my apartment at the time. I really enjoy the Hilton hotels and have great trust in them. The room was clean, roomy, scent-free, and the bathroom was quite large. The breakfast was your typical hotel quick prep food of cereal, yogurt, bread items, scrambled eggs, and a meat product or two. Fine for a 'free' meal. This hotel is not walking distance to anything though. You have to get in your car to go anywhere, which if you're there for business is fine but if you're there to play in Burlington you might want to find someplace closer to downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that you found the suite to be spacious, clean, and comfortable. We do our very best to offer upgrades to our Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members when occupancy allows, and we love to hear how our guests find our suite accommodations a perfect fit. Although we are located just under 2 miles from downtown Burlington, we still have some excellent restaurants, shopping, and parks within walking distance of our hotel. Just ask our enthusiastic guest service team, and we will guide you in the right direction! I hope we are able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I only stayed here one night when I arrived in Burlington late. They have a free shuttle bus to and from the airport, which was great for me arriving after midnight. I called from the complimentary phone at the airport and they were there in a few minutes. A warm welcome cookie was also waiting on arrival and the bed and room were extremely comfortable and staff very friendly. Exactly what I needed after 24 hours in transit. Unless you're there on business, staying downtown would be a better option, and I moved to a closer hotel the next day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you so very much for writing about your experience with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are proud of the prompt and hospitable service our complimentary airport shuttle provides, and we are happy that you found the comfort of the room and the service of our team met your expectations. I hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel on a future visit to Burlington.
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had a last minute business meeting that I had to attend in Burlington and all the other Hilton brand hotels where booked. So I gave the double tree a chance. I found it to be ordinary service and accommodations at a very high price of $312.40 a night with tax. Also with kids running up and down the hallways late at night and the room not being cleaned till very late on Saturday I felt like I was staying at a low end hotel.

Room Tip: Beware of events taking place at Hotel which add to noise
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although you seem to feel that we are a nice hotel (as the title of the review states), I am sorry that you felt the experience was simply ordinary. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of our guests, and that's how our property remains among the top 10% of all DoubleTree hotels in the Americas. I apologize that your room was not made up earlier in the day on Saturday. Our Housekeeping team understands that a majority of our guests prefer to sleep in a little bit later on the weekends. Our Housekeeping team reacts to this by starting our services slightly later in the morning. However, our team can certainly service a room at any time simply by letting us know your preferred cleaning time. Our rates do change depending on the season, and many special offers and packages are offered throughout the year. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you during your last-minute trip, as availability can be very limited during our peak season, and we are often sold out weeks in advance during our high-season months. When booking next time, please let us know what you are looking for so we may find you the very best accommodations and value for you. We again that you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

After hearing that our U S Air flight was cancelled due to bad weather (actually their inability to manage their fleet after a weather delay 10 hours before), a very helpful gate agent offered to get us into Doubletree since we had to overnight. They got us a great "distressed traveler" rate and the hotel picked us up within minutes at the airport. The room was large, comfortable, nicely furnished, and close to the airport and downtown. I got the quiet sleep I needed after the US Air ordeal. This is a good place to stay if you can get a reasonable rate and need to be near the airport.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your favorable review. Although we are sorry to hear of your travel troubles, we are delighted that we could accommodate you during your unforeseen airline cancellation. Being that our hotel is approximately 1 mile away from the Burlington International Airport, our complimentary shuttle is able to provide prompt service for our hotel guests 24 hours a day. Furthermore, several nearby shops, restaurants, and local businesses make our hotel an excellent option when traveling through the Burlington airport. We trust that you made it home to sunny South Carolina safely, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel the next time your travels bring you to Burlington! Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!