“Very impressed by the room.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay and Fly
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Albany, NY
“Very impressed by the room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I don't expect a ton from hotel rooms, but this one was very nice. We were upgraded to a suite that was nearly the size of my apartment at the time. I really enjoy the Hilton hotels and have great trust in them. The room was clean, roomy, scent-free, and the bathroom was quite large. The breakfast was your typical hotel quick prep food of cereal, yogurt, bread items, scrambled eggs, and a meat product or two. Fine for a 'free' meal. This hotel is not walking distance to anything though. You have to get in your car to go anywhere, which if you're there for business is fine but if you're there to play in Burlington you might want to find someplace closer to downtown.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that you found the suite to be spacious, clean, and comfortable. We do our very best to offer upgrades to our Hilton Honors Diamond and Gold members when occupancy allows, and we love to hear how our guests find our suite accommodations a perfect fit. Although we are located just under 2 miles from downtown Burlington, we still have some excellent restaurants, shopping, and parks within walking distance of our hotel. Just ask our enthusiastic guest service team, and we will guide you in the right direction! I hope we are able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I only stayed here one night when I arrived in Burlington late. They have a free shuttle bus to and from the airport, which was great for me arriving after midnight. I called from the complimentary phone at the airport and they were there in a few minutes. A warm welcome cookie was also waiting on arrival and the bed and room were extremely comfortable and staff very friendly. Exactly what I needed after 24 hours in transit. Unless you're there on business, staying downtown would be a better option, and I moved to a closer hotel the next day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you so very much for writing about your experience with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are proud of the prompt and hospitable service our complimentary airport shuttle provides, and we are happy that you found the comfort of the room and the service of our team met your expectations. I hope that we may welcome you back to our hotel on a future visit to Burlington.
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had a last minute business meeting that I had to attend in Burlington and all the other Hilton brand hotels where booked. So I gave the double tree a chance. I found it to be ordinary service and accommodations at a very high price of $312.40 a night with tax. Also with kids running up and down the hallways late at night and the room not being cleaned till very late on Saturday I felt like I was staying at a low end hotel.

Room Tip: Beware of events taking place at Hotel which add to noise
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although you seem to feel that we are a nice hotel (as the title of the review states), I am sorry that you felt the experience was simply ordinary. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of our guests, and that's how our property remains among the top 10% of all DoubleTree hotels in the Americas. I apologize that your room was not made up earlier in the day on Saturday. Our Housekeeping team understands that a majority of our guests prefer to sleep in a little bit later on the weekends. Our Housekeeping team reacts to this by starting our services slightly later in the morning. However, our team can certainly service a room at any time simply by letting us know your preferred cleaning time. Our rates do change depending on the season, and many special offers and packages are offered throughout the year. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you during your last-minute trip, as availability can be very limited during our peak season, and we are often sold out weeks in advance during our high-season months. When booking next time, please let us know what you are looking for so we may find you the very best accommodations and value for you. We again that you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

After hearing that our U S Air flight was cancelled due to bad weather (actually their inability to manage their fleet after a weather delay 10 hours before), a very helpful gate agent offered to get us into Doubletree since we had to overnight. They got us a great "distressed traveler" rate and the hotel picked us up within minutes at the airport. The room was large, comfortable, nicely furnished, and close to the airport and downtown. I got the quiet sleep I needed after the US Air ordeal. This is a good place to stay if you can get a reasonable rate and need to be near the airport.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your favorable review. Although we are sorry to hear of your travel troubles, we are delighted that we could accommodate you during your unforeseen airline cancellation. Being that our hotel is approximately 1 mile away from the Burlington International Airport, our complimentary shuttle is able to provide prompt service for our hotel guests 24 hours a day. Furthermore, several nearby shops, restaurants, and local businesses make our hotel an excellent option when traveling through the Burlington airport. We trust that you made it home to sunny South Carolina safely, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel the next time your travels bring you to Burlington! Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed at the Double Tree during a weekend getaway. The hotel was clean, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. There are only two floors so there is no view to speak of but the rooms were large and modern. Very quite. The hotel was in a great location – just off the highway and close to restaurants and shopping. A great value for the price paid. The cookies were a great bonus – and very delicious!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding your most recent stay with us. Our team is delighted that you found our hotel to be welcoming and a great value. Our hotel has been consistently ranked among the very best of all DoubleTrees in the Americas, and our hotel team is proud of the personal and friendly service we provide to each of our guests. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient; ample free parking and surrounded by a number of restaurants, shops, and businesses make this property an ideal location when traveling to the Burlington area. Again, thank you for your favorable review, and we look forward to welcoming back to our property in the near future!
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I had a terrific stay at Double Tree this summer. The front desk staff was amazingly helpful, going out of their way to assist me everytime I had a question. I have stayed at much pricier hotels, and I have never received this level of customer service. The manager even drove me to the car rental facility as the hotel driver was busy! The hotel is very clean and updated, the food was excellent, the housekeepers were friendly and did a wonderful job tidying our very untidy room (I had two teenage girls with me who went on a shopping frenzy prior to a month of language immersion camp!) We did not use the pool, but the small, well equipped fitness room was fine for our needs. We stayed in a suite, which had 2 queen beds, a pull out couch, a dining table, large, flat screen TV (there may have been a second one in the bedroom, but I do not watch TV much, so I am not sure), a large bathroom and a well equipped kitchenette. Free, WARM, chocolate chip cookies at the front desk.... need I say more?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that our entire hotel team made your family feel so welcomed. Our hotel team is truly remarkable, and they have helped keep our hotel among the top 10% of all Doubletrees in the Americas throughout the entire year of 2011 (the same goes for 2010, as well)! I am happy to hear that you and your family were comfortable in our spacious suites. Offering one king bed or two double beds, our suites are ideal for families traveling together or business travelers on the road. All of our suites offer two televisions (one in the living room, and one in the bedroom) with a great selection of HD channels, and all suites offer a pullout sofabed in the living room. I hope that our dedicated team will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future; we'll have the warm cookies ready for you!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights - our purpose was a shopping trip on the U.S side. I had prepaid the hotel and check-in was effortless. We asked for extra towels and pillows and that was not a problem. Room came with a coffee maker and Wolfgang Puck coffee which I did not like - not strong enough for me. Room was freezing and we could not control the air conditioning but other than that it was fine. Resturaunt onsite was good and prices were reasonable. We paid the extra 20.00 a night to have breakfast included for the 3 of us. This was worthwhile. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts directly across the street from the hotel and 1 block away from University Mall. Location is excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I thank you for selectiong the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel in Burlington for your recent visit, and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Overall, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience in our restaurant, Trader Duke's. This restaurant has not only pleasantly surprised our hotel guests, but has been a long-time local favorite in our community for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our rooms do offer in-room coffee makers with Wolfgang Puck coffee, and our restaurant freshly brews local Green Mountain Coffee, so you always have a selection of coffee readily available to you.
We offer several different hotel packages at our hotel, and some that include breakfast as an added value. Hotel team will be delighted to explain other inclusive packages for your return visit. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel during your next shopping trip to the US!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!