“Nice but Ordinary” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1117 Williston Road, I-89 & US 2, Exit 14E, South Burlington, VT 05403-5717   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay and Fly
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in South Burlington
Montreal, Canada
“Nice but Ordinary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights - our purpose was a shopping trip on the U.S side. I had prepaid the hotel and check-in was effortless. We asked for extra towels and pillows and that was not a problem. Room came with a coffee maker and Wolfgang Puck coffee which I did not like - not strong enough for me. Room was freezing and we could not control the air conditioning but other than that it was fine. Resturaunt onsite was good and prices were reasonable. We paid the extra 20.00 a night to have breakfast included for the 3 of us. This was worthwhile. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts directly across the street from the hotel and 1 block away from University Mall. Location is excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
JonathanAmon, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
I thank you for selectiong the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel in Burlington for your recent visit, and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Overall, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience in our restaurant, Trader Duke's. This restaurant has not only pleasantly surprised our hotel guests, but has been a long-time local favorite in our community for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our rooms do offer in-room coffee makers with Wolfgang Puck coffee, and our restaurant freshly brews local Green Mountain Coffee, so you always have a selection of coffee readily available to you.
We offer several different hotel packages at our hotel, and some that include breakfast as an added value. Hotel team will be delighted to explain other inclusive packages for your return visit. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel during your next shopping trip to the US!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here in July, with out two kids (7 and 4) for only two nights. A room with two double beds proved perfect for our party. We found the hotel to be a standard Hilton property, clean, functional and with professional personnel.
Trader's Duke, the restaurant was good value for the breakfast, with a better atmosphere than the usual hotel restaurant at breakfast time.
The hotel parking was free and we made 5 minutes to downtown Burlington - Church Street Market Place where at that moment (late July) there were plenty of (paying) parking opportunities.
The only needed improvement we noticed was the swimming pool area. A bit outdated as compared to the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We are always thrilled to hear about our guests enjoying their experience with us, and this review is no exception! Our hotel really offers it all for our guests: an award-winning local restaurant that celebrates the usage of fresh, local ingredients, clean and comfortable guest rooms, and an indoor pool and fitness center with Precor fitness equipment. Did you notice our new pool furniture surrounding the pool and outdoor patio? I hope you found these new chairs and tables comfortable. As you stated, so many of our restaurant customers have found that our restaurant, Trader Duke's, is not your typical hotel restaurant. In fact, our locals here in Burlington continue to return to Duke's time and time again to experience our hearty, New England specialties next to the cozy, stone fireplace at the center of the room. Our hotel offers ample free parking, and there are countless shops, businesses, and restaurants within walking distance from our hotel. I hope our professional hospitality team will be welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the near future!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Wonderful, Outstanding place to spend time. The front desk is extremely nice and extend excellent service. Nick in the resturant is an excellent server, he takes the steps to care for each detail the extra step. Overall, they make you feel warm and welcome. The rooms are clean and privacy is recognized. Security is good to the building and the surrounding shops and services are in close proximity to the Doubletree. For example, the mall, hair and nail shops. I highly recommend this hotel for your stays in Burlington, Vermont.

Room Tip: Just call them, they are eager to assist and provide!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
We thank you so very much for the favorable review of your experience with us! Our hotel team strives to go above and beyond for all of our guests staying with us, and we are always thrilled to hear our guests celebrating a wonderful stay. I will personally share your comments with Nick in the restaurant; we are thrilled to have him on our restaurant team. Our entire hospitality team is genuinely enthusiastic in serving our hotel guests, and all are empowered to ensure every guest has the great experience that you enjoyed. We are continuously celebrating our top 10% ranking among all Doubletrees in the Americas, and I am confident that our our professional team will continue to surpass expectations for all of our guests! Thank you again for the wonderful review of our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Machida, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for several times in the last five years and have always had wonderful experience, particularly because of people working there. From check-in to check-out, service has been consistently good, and staff members are always ready to help you if there's any problem. In my most recent stay, WiFi was out of order for 2 and 1/2 days. This could be considered as disaster if you are on business trip, even though it was something beyond the hotel's control. The staff at the front desk explained the situation to us very clearly at check-in, and next day, they temporarily set up a LAN port at the lobby for guests to hook up their computers (so that we could at least pick up e-mails).
We appreciated it very much. Of course, rooms are clean and well-maintained.

As HHonors Gold member, I usually get a complementary breakfast. While many hotels provide buffet breakfast, this hotel provides "Cook to order" breakfast. The restaurant serves excellent dinner as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
It is so terrific to hear from our return guests who continue to return to us because of the exceptional service and comfort offered at our hotel. Thanks for sharing your most recent visit with us. During early September, we experienced a very unfortunate internet outage from our provider, AT&T. We certainly understand the great importance of staying connected, and we escalated this inconvenience to senior directors at AT&T, as well as our corporate directors within Hilton for assistance in repairing this outage. Although we did try to limit the inconvenience by improvising an extended business center in our lobby with multiple LAN ports, as well as purchasing a temporary wireless connection within our lobby, I certainly understand that this does not replace the convenience of in-room connectivity. I am pleased to announce that AT&T has corrected this issue, and our internet connection is again fully operational. Thank you for recognizing our team's efforts to clearly communicate the status of the outage and the efforts to keep you comfortable. The genuine care of our guests is certainly top priority for our hospitality team and even with an internet outage, I am thrilled to see our team continued to shine! I personally look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Dummerston, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed here for 4 days (3 nights) while working in Burlington. I worked nights and so my first check in was at 8:00 AM. I had no reservation and the staff were extremely helpful in getting me a room. Later in the week I had to extend my stay and again the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom and sink were in separate rooms, however that didn't bother me. The room seemed like it had been updated in the not too distant past as the bathroom tile was modern and the counters were granite. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows.

As I was working nights I needed to sleep during the days and not once did any noise wake me, the rooms are really quiet. The housekeeping staf did a great job cleaning. I was pleasantly surprised that they cleaned my room when I didn't leave it until 4:00PM.

Overall I am very happy with my stay here and will certainly check in again when I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for the favorable review of your stay with us this month. Our team understands that everyone has unique schedules, and we are thrilled that we were able to work around your hectic work schedule and attend to your room at a time that was convenient for you. Our entire team communicates guest needs well to ensure our guests receive minimal disturbances and exceptional service while staying with us. I am happy to hear that our team was able to get you into a room at such an early hour in the morning; the genuine caring attitude of our team is certainly evident throughout our property, and this is no exception. I hope that we can welcome you back to our property soon, whether it is for just one night or another extended stay. We will be ready for you!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We planned to stay at this hotel based on the high tripadvisor ratings. We arrived, checked in, and went to our room. It was very small and average. Definitely not worth $170 per night. We promptly checked out and drove to the brand new Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Burlington. For a little bit more $, we were in a gorgeous room with a view of the lake and could walk everywhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I should start by saying we did get upgraded, but even still, everything about our experience there was top notch. They got our room ready early, were super nice and helpful at the front desk. The warm chocolate chip cookies were a nice touch! Room was nice, large, and clean and noise was not an issue. The restaurant was just ok. Nothing special, but got the job done. The drive into the main town is about 5 minutes and parking there was super easy. It was definitely worth the savings and overall a great place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!