My family and I had strong suspicions that this hotel was once a Days Inn or similar and was rebranded as a Doubletree.We have stayed at a number of Doubletree hotels and this one is not up to the brand image.The rooms that we saw were miniscule,with the sink smack up against the entry door.The ceiling on the1st floor was so low you could touch it with your hand.There were other examples of shabbyness i.e. carpet runners detaching from the walls,water staining on the ceiling,mold on the restaurant ceiling corner booth,This is unacceptable at this price point.The lobby was appointed in wood panelling,colonial motifs, standard issue.The restaurant 'Trader Dukes" was done in a nice rustic lodge feel but the food was LOUSY.My wifes breakfast pancakes were gummy and hard,my home fries floated in a pool of graese and the dinner menu was very limited.We were upgraded to a suite which ws roomy,had a full size fridge,all devices worked perfectly including the A/C.The service was very good fufilling our requests quickly.The pool had an industrial look/feel and the towels were very old worn.The next stay in this town wont be at this "tree"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington