First of all--convenience. The hotel is 10 minutes from the airport, near University of Vermont, Lake Champlain, shopping, restaurants. Despite that, there is a sense of being situated nicely in a woodsy setting.
The mood and furnishings are informal, an inviting fireplace is front and center as you enter, and the public area easily accommodated groups of friends and families who met there. There are three floors, and you will shuttle your own luggage or equipment on wheeled baggage carriers in the elevators--part of the informal, lodge-like style.
Much thought seems to have gone into making everything convenient and hassle-free. Want to print out a boarding pass? the computers in the hall have a printer, the wi-fi in your room is free of charge. Breakfast, too, is included in your room rate, and is more varied and plentiful than the usual fare in motels. Includes of course delicious Vermont maple syrup. The dining area is warm and pleasant.
The hotel room is 2 rooms--very spacious, with a clean and fully stocked kitchen along one wall, a nice wooden table, and lovely living room or sitting room area with a sleeper couch and a flat screen TV. Open the french doors, and a large bed with crisp linens, adequate closet space and a second flat screen TV awaits. Adjoining bathroom is well-stocked with amenities.
A pool and jacuzzi are on the first floor.
Finally, a shuttle to and from the airport is also free of charge. The staff, in my experience, was efficient and accommodating. Pet-friendly, and one of the owners remarked that the pets had a different decorum once in the hotel--no skirmishes, and we didn't hear one bark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the charm of a boutique Vermont Country Inn. Each finely appointed one and two bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room and separate bedroom(s). Amenities include our Signature Vermont-style hot breakfast, Fireside Reception Monday-Thursday evenings with Vermont craft beers, wine and foods, a state-of-the-art Exercise Facility, Indoor Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi and High-Speed Internet. All amenities included in rate. The Green Mountain Suites Hotel is close to the Church Street Marketplace, The University of Vermont (UVM), Champlain College and St. Michaels College. Burlington International Airport is minutes away from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Green Mountain Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel South Burlington
- Hawthorn Suites South Burlington
- Green Mountain South Burlington