We stayed at this property based on the recommendation of a friend who was also going to stay, as we gathered here for the Easter weekend with two other families. It's not the most modern place, but it was everything you expect from a quality lodging venue: clean, good customer service, soundproof rooms, great facilities including a swimming pool and spa.
The suites were great, with enough space to accommodate our family of 5 (our kids are 3, 6 & 8), as we chose the suite with two double beds, along with the sofa-bed in the living room. The sofa bed was OK for small children, but would not be able to support teenagers or adults, that's for sure. Our other friends had suites with a king-size bed + sofa bed, which worked well since they have two kids each.
The big kitchen space was also appreciated, as we could put enough food and beverages in the large-size refrigerator - no cooking was required since we ate out most of the times, but everything was in place had we chosen to do so.
We had breakfast all three mornings, and we could appreciate the efforts to vary some items of the hot menu. It was overall a fine selection of pastries, fruits, hot and cold, and everyone ate to their satisfaction, which is not always the case with free-breakfast accommodations.
Finally, the pool was well appreciated by the kids, even though it was not the biggest you've ever seen. Same with the spa-jacuzzi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the charm of a boutique Vermont Country Inn. Each finely appointed one and two bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room and separate bedroom(s). Amenities include our Signature Vermont-style hot breakfast, Fireside Reception Monday-Thursday evenings with Vermont craft beers, wine and foods, a state-of-the-art Exercise Facility, Indoor Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi and High-Speed Internet. All amenities included in rate. The Green Mountain Suites Hotel is close to the Church Street Marketplace, The University of Vermont (UVM), Champlain College and St. Michaels College. Burlington International Airport is minutes away from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Green Mountain Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel South Burlington
- Hawthorn Suites South Burlington
- Green Mountain South Burlington