“Nice Transition” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in South Burlington
Woodstock, Connecticut
“Nice Transition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Green Mountain Suites Hotel. I have stayed at this hotel on occasion for over 10 years when it was formerly the Hawthorne Inn & Suites. The rooms all recieved a nice facelift as part of the sale from Hawthorne 4 years ago and they still have a very nice free wine, beer and heavy snacks / salads in the early evening and a full breakfast is included. Room was clean speacious and nicely updated. It is easy to get to the airport or downtown Burlington. I sense a bit more pride in ownership. An nice alternative to the BIG chains with a comfortable touch!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Williamstown, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for a girls weekend away. We had a suite with fireplace and jacuzzi which was fantastic.
The rooms were big, clean, with a well stocked kitchen.
Very comfy bed, but glad we didn't need to use the sofa bed as it was lumpy.
All the staff were pleasant and friendly. Check in took 5 mins...check out 0!
The breakfast was more than we expected..not just bagels and cereal, but eggs that were fresh and hot, waffles, French toast, fruit etc.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suites are fantastic
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Ten of us stayed at this hotel (in four rooms) this past weekend for a family get-together and really enjoyed it. The one-bedroom suites are quite spacious for 2 or 3 people and they were very well decorated and very clean. A breakfast buffet was included and it was pretty good. We liked the large lobby area for hanging out, chatting, playing games. And the hotel is located a short drive from downtown Burlington. Also, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in August, 2012 while visiting the Champlain Valley Fair.
The suites are huge by most standards. The rooms were spotless (including the kitchenette, bathroom and living area), the decor tasteful and the staff most courteous. The hotel is convenient to all major attractions in Burlington. The hotel and the area around it are very quiet and the rooms relaxing. There are 2 large brand new LG LED flat screen TVs in each suite.
Free in-room WIFI has great signal strength.
Make sure that you request a King fireplace suite that is on one of the corners of the main or south annex building. The addition of a second wall of windows in the bedroom area adds a great touch.
Full-scale breakfast is included and served adjacent to the main lobby. The buffet line is well attended and no breakfast items we ever in short spply. They have plenty of seating throughout the lobby, outside in a nice courtyards and in an adjacent meeting room.
While it is true that there may be other hotels with more scenic views of Lake Champlain, the Green Mountain Suites represents huge value with exceptionally fine rooms, decor and linens.
Don't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at Green Mountain Suite for my business trip last year. I thought it was a great hotel. I feel like I was home. The bed was comfortable, everything was clean. They even gave cotton swabs which you would never seen at any other hotels; at least the one that I had stayed at. It included breakfast which I enjoyed. They also had happy hours in the evening which served free beer, wine and appetizer. It's a cute hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who's traveling to burlington, VT.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am constantly doing work in Burlington and I always make it a point to stay at GMS. The 2 flat screens are great and I hook up my 360 with HD cables, play games and watch movies . It's always clean and smells good. Non smoking hotel is a +++. Good staff, love the hot breakfast and dinners during the week!...not a beer drinker so wish for well drinks during managers social. My only complaints are the views are kinda lacking and parking is across the street when the small lot fills up. Of course I'm not at a hotel to check out the views from the room, I'm there for comfort, if I want views I'd just drive around. Can't wait to go on vacation and bring my wife with me one day! Don't expect late night food room service.

Room Tip: Take a 3rd floor, if you have an early bird you can hear them on the lower floors. I'm an early...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dubuque, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have to say that the staff was great but the hotel was a letdown. It is in the city and has no yard or view so I was disappointed in at, especially for a high room rate. When we got to the hotel they were still cleaning so we had a very short wait for our room then when we got our key we headed down to look for our room down a hallway that smelled of fish. The rooms have little kitchens so the hotel tends to smell like whatever people Are cooking in their rooms. Our room was a king suite nicely furnished and fairly clean. The only thing I would change about the room was an abundance of annoying fluorescent bulbs. E location is great for the airport and mall and ok for downtown. E hotel is just a few feet off a busy road and I was disappointed because with the name I thought maybe it would have a better setting.
The parking was also not as easy as I would have thought for being out of the city center. We had to park across e street in another lot.

Room Tip: You might try a room on the side away from the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Green Mountain Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!