Holiday Inn Express is one of my hotel chains of choice. I have stayed here before and again have nothing bad to say about this specific location. Convenient to the Interstate Highway as well as right on Route 7 and close to shops, downtown and tourist sites it is ideal. More than ample parking and the included internet and breakfast make it wonderful not only for family travel but for business travelers as well.
The staff is courteous and accommodating. As a person who travels with medication that needs refrigeration I phoned ahead of time and requested some assistance with that if possible. There was a small refrigerator in my room upon arrival.
My only issue - and that holds with most hotels - is the lack of electrical outlets. In this day and age where people travel with tablets, laptops, phones and other electronic equipment it would seem logical to have a power strip or extra outlets at table/desk height in each room as well as on the night table.Fortunately I travel with a power strip so it was slightly less of an issue for me but I'm just saying.
Again - due to medical needs I had mentioned the need for extra power at the night table and they did have a four plug outlet on it. So that was a huge help.
The pricing was reasonable The place itself is a bit difficult to see when driving at legal speed. Look for the Comfort Suites sign (same owners) and turn into that entrance. Then make a sharp right to get to the hotel. I have no idea how noisy rooms in the front are. Ask for the "B" building and you should have lots of quiet. Again - I have stayed here before and will do so again when I go up to the Burlington area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Burlington hotel offers great location in beautiful Vermont. Enjoy a comfortable stay at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel of South Burlington. Our convenient Vermont hotel is located just minutes from Lake Champlain, bustling downtown Burlington, and the Burlington International Airport. When you're ready to travel, our South Burlington, VT hotel offers a free 24-hour shuttle service to the Burlington International Airport (BVT). In addition to being convenient to the Burlington airport, our hotel is also near many businesses such as GE Healthcare, University of Vermont, St. Michael's College, General Dynamics and Goodrich. Both business and leisure travelers love to stay at our 100% Non-Smoking hotel in South Burlington as it's located less than five miles away from many of Vermont's best attractions including the Shelburne Museum, Shelburne Farms, Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, and Church St. Market Place. Other popular area attractions include the University Mall, Cairns Arena, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, Stowe, and Sugarbush Ski Resorts. During your visit to Vermont, enjoy amenities that include a heated indoor pool, hot tub, saunas, and fitness center, and try our complimentary 'Smart Start' breakfast bar featuring the exclusive Holiday Inn Express Cinnamon Rolls, eggs, and sausage or bacon daily. Book your Burlington vacation at this Holiday Inn Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington South
- Holiday Inn South Burlington
- Holiday Inn Express South Burlington
- Comfort Inn South Burlington