“Burlington VT - good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites South Burlington

You added Comfort Suites South Burlington to your Saves list
Comfort Suites South Burlington
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1712 Shelburne Road, South Burlington, VT 05403 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express South Burlington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
New Hampshire
“Burlington VT - good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Comfort Suites in South Burlington provided a great place for easy access to Burlington shopping, Lake Champlain cruising and lots of other sight seeing to be had. The Comfort Suites was clean, the staff very accommodating and friendly. Continental breakfast was 'okay' and we did eat there most mornings, but lacked that 'going out for breakfast' feeling. All in all, a good value for the price and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: End suites are quieter on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Carolyn1120,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about our hotel. I'm glad that you had a great experience here at the Comfort Suites. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Burlington, VT.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chippewa Bay, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived late and when entering the room, it smelled like someone had smoked in this non smoking room and then a deodorizer was used to cover it up. When we asked about this at the desk, the staff was very helpful and immediately changed us to another room, a suite at no extra charge. Rooms were clean and the hot breakfast was very good. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Stephen T,
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey of the hotel. I'm sorry that you were in a room that originally was unsuitable due to another guest's actions. I've brought this to the attention of the housekeeping department to see how we may be able to get rid of the smell without the deodorizer smell. I'm glad the staff was helpful to make you more comfortable. We hope to see you the next time you are in Burlington, VT.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We were there for 2 weeks. The hotel and our room were fairly clean. Having hot breakfast is good but a variety would be better...eating the same things for 2 weeks gets a little old. Most of the staff were friendly. We did have some issues with the manager. If you are staying for more than a week, be sure to ask about the payment policy. We planned to pay cash in full at the end of our stay but found that our card was charged without authorization after the first week of our stay. Although this is apparently their policy, that was never explained to us. The manager was not very friendly or helpful in resolving the issue. Because of this problem we will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear DNA99,
Thank you for your response to the survey. I apologize for the issues you had regarding the management staff and payment policy here at the hotel. I am glad to see that there was staff that were helpful and friendly. I will speak with my staff about clarifying these procedures at check in and hope you stay with again to see the improvements we are making.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Comfort Suites in South Burlington. When we arrived, we asked if we might be able to store our baby's milk in a fridge. The front desk clerk upgraded us to a king-sized suite at no extra cost which was enormous and had not only a fridge for the milk but also a microwave for heating it up. They also had a very clean and sturdy crib for the baby and an extremely comfortable king-sized bed for us. The breakfast in the morning was substantial with lots of healthy and not-so-healthy options. Great water pressure in the shower and very friendly and efficient front desk staff. Although it's in South Burlington it's really only minutes away from downtown. We will definitely consider this spot the next time we are in town!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear AmyCharlton,

It's great to hear that the front desk staff was helpful to you and your family. I hope while you were here you were able to utilize the shared pool, hot tub, and sauna we have with the Holiday Inn Express in front of us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to South Burlington, VT.

Lisa
AGM
Comfort Suites
802-860-1112
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Terrible part of that chain. Either renovate this hole or bulldoze it. Looked okay from the outside and the lobby looked okay. Then it all falls apart. We went to our 4th floor room located next to the elevator and the door to the stairs. Upon opening the door I noticed the room was warm. The thermostat was set down low and the fan set to medium. So I then moved the fan to High. Water pours, not drips, but POURS from the vent. I call the desk and they will have someone up there immediately. I then look around this room...there is NO closet and the TV could have been steam powered for as old as it was. I called back down to the desk and git someone else. I once again explained my plight and said I would like another room.....well, she has to fnd another room in the same "category" as mine! Really? I don't care if you have to give me the Presidential Suite..my room sucks and is WARM, with no prospects of getting cooler.....well we are moved to the first floor , again next to the elevator and door to the stairs. At least water wasn't pouring out.....now, the bed....this mattress was about the worst I have ever encountered.......Awful......now, let us address the noise. The door to the stairs opened and slammed ALL NIGHT LONG.....not much of a restful night. The breakfast was edible. That is all I will say about that. These people are charging $140 for a $70 room. Stay FAR away!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel. period! Find a Motel 6 if you have to
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. cfray1950,

Lisa
AGM
Comfort Suites
802-860-1112
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The room was selected for location (close to S Burlington) and for the size of rooms for a family. The room (a king suite) was good size for a family of 4, including 2 small children in porta cribs. It was comfortable for several days. A sink, dining table and microwave helped add to comfort.
The hotel is a bit tired, old wallpaper, furnishing and finishes. Linens look overused, and a bit tatty. Comfortable bed. The drapes don't close all the way which was strange and not helpful for napping kids.
I booked the hotel first for over $230 a night, which is definitely too much to pay for the quality. I was able to rebook later for less than $175 which made it a better value and possible a 3.5/5 for what you should be expecting of the hotel at that price. Breakfast was decent with make your own waffles, cereals, fruit and the like. Bad coffee both in room and at breakfast.
Located in S Burlington down Shelburne Rd (rt7) from Burlington which is a sea of car dealers, strip stores and traffic lights. If you want a quaint VT location or one closer to the action in Burlington look elsewhere, but was a good base for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisa G, Manager at Comfort Suites South Burlington, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear dphender,

Glad to hear that you were satisfied with the size of the room. I apologize for failing to meet your expectations with regard to the furnishing of the room. We have ordered some new bedding and are waiting for it to arrive. Also glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I hope you were also able to utilize the pool and complimentary wifi. We hope to see you again.
Leysin, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was nicer than I expected. The suite/room was enormous and pretty clean. The hotel was surprisingly quiet and the staff was friendly. There is loads of parking and the location in relation to Burlington downtown, I-89 and Middlebury is great. You are also on a strip with loads of chain style restaurants if that is your thing. The only downside to the stay was that the shower/tub drained at a glacial rate. This was addressed at the front desk but never adequately repaired. No big deal, it just meant you finished your shower in 4-6" of water. Would I stay here again, yes!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear ackExpat:

Thank you for your survey. I've addressed the drain issue with Maintenance so that we can provide a more relaxing stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Been to Comfort Suites South Burlington? Share your experiences!