“Nice clean hotel with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Boulder, Colorado
“Nice clean hotel with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

On the college tour with my teen. Stayed 2 nights. Very clean room, beds were super comply and the sheets were very clean and crisp. The pub had a great selection of Local beer including the Long Trail IPA!!

Coffee was decent too. Overall a nice time, minutes from downtown.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear jimmyihatetoregister,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy you were able to enjoy the pub and guest room. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will stay with us each time you are in Burlington.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

First I have to say that this is not a 3 star hotel as advertised. it is more of a 2 or 2 1/2 stars. With that said and based on a 2+ star hotel I give it 4 stars. The room is average size but the bathrooms are very small. It is an older hotel....renovated but looking tired. On the positive the rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I constantly saw people cleaning and vacuuming. The staff were 5 stars. They were all very friendly and accommodating. Even the cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is also very convenient to UVM.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Scoopers,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your visit with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed the staff at our hotel we do our best to ensure everyone feels at home and comfortable while they are with us. Yes our bathrooms are small and I appreciate that you noticed the team does a great job keeping hotel looking good for her age. I hope you are able to visit us again on our next visit to Burlington.

Kind regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn South Burlington, VT for the first time for business. My reservation was retrieved immediately and I was in my room within minutes of check in. Outstanding service was provided by Megan, Katerina and Sarah upon my departure. Very friendly and accommodating. They really made me feel welcome and appreciated. I stay in hotels 3-4 nights a week and would say that this property has the best customer service I have encountered.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the pool/courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear PWG2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. I am very happy to hear about the wonderful service you received from our front desk staff and hope you get to visit us again very soon.

Regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I called with very quick question. Before I got my question out i was put on hold - fine. I get it. Kyle comes back on the phone - I ask a simple question. "does your hotel offer a park and ride feature". he quickly says yes and transfers me to an automated reservations system. He didn't say I am transferring you or anything. The wait said it would exceed 10 minutes - way to go Holiday Inn - who waits 10+ to book a hotel room in this day and age. I was planning on booking online as I always do anyway. not via some automated system with a serious wait. All i wanted to know was if you offered Park and Ride and what it cost, so I called right back. Kyle answered again (10:50pm) with lots of laughter in the background. I told him it was me calling back again and that I needed an answer and that I wasn't happy with him basically hanging up on me. how is he to know i am ready to book ? why transfer me so fast and with no warning? i asked him these things and he said he had to go because the hotel was busy and he has guests in front of him. WELLLLL DON'T ANSWER THE DARN PHONE?!?!?! i finally got the price out of him for park and stay and that was the end. he was gone. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! spend your money elsewhere

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear SourD21,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with Kyle. Please accept my sincere apology for the way you were treated. Please know that this kind of attitude is not tolerated from any of our staff and we will be addressing this issue immediately! We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.
Though I would prefer you had a better experience with our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance to make your next visit outstanding. Please reach out to me directly, my email address is virginia@innvermont.com
Virginia Arvizu
Assistant General Manager
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Holiday Inn is my 'go to' place on travels, so I have seen quite a few of them. I went to this one as a result of a weather emergency and found a quiet,comfortable warm room at a reasonable rate. The Inn itself is very accessible being quite near the I 89 and is a few minutes drive to downtown Burlington. The inn has all the amenities one would hope for including a business center which provides computers for checking email or other needs. Also of note in the room is complimentary K cup coffee, microwave and fridge, plus a sanitary TV remote system which management must be commended for. The restaurant is quite satisfactory for ordinary needs offering simple sandwiches to quite elaborate dinners at competitive prices. As an aside, the bar offers many beers on tap with a good selection of local beers which are very good.
The layout of the inn can lead to quite long walks to get to your room.
I suspect that this is a fairly old property, because it is showing its age in little ways. The elevator door rumbles and wheezes and the amenities are showing signs of minor 'chip and dent' The bathroom was a bit spare, but was clean and fully supplied.
This hotel has a very good staff ... but then again, I am always well received in Vermont
A very satisfactory stay.

Dear tedhanneman,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy you were able to enjoy our amenities while you were stranded in our town. Sorry about the noisy elevator we will have our maintenance folks look into this. I hope your next visit will be in a kinder season.

Warm regards,
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We visit the Burlington area every summer or fall. We stayed at this hotel because it was close to Shelburne and Burlington. Everything was very good at the hotel. It is similar to most Holiday Inn hotels. The room was comfortable and the service was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Radmrjg,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your visit with us. We are happy you enjoy staying with us each year and look forward to your return this summer.

Regards,
Pierrefonds, QC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I booked this hotel because of the price, proximity to University Mall and after reading online reviews which were favourable. I was particularly impressed because someone responded to most of the reviews. I was in South Burlington with my family for 3 days for a mid-winter shopping stint. The staff, particularly, the front desk was friendly and very helpful as mentioned in the reviews. I like the fact that most Holiday Inn locations keep this high level of customer service throughout the world. We enjoyed the pool and sauna. The latter may need a revamp as it was showing its age. We did not use the in-house restaurant as there were so many choices around like the Outback, Olive Garden, The Windjammer.... The room was adequate and comfortable on the second floor. We selected a quieter room facing the outdoor pool because one review recommended to avoid rooms facing the highway for the noise. Pros: a Keuring coffee machine and a charging pod between the twin beds with 4 AC and 2 USB ports for all your portables! Cons: Not enough room for hanging closet and drawers, small bathroom.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the outdoor pool in winter are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Duncan M,

Thank you for your glowing review. Our staff does a wonderful job of taking care of each guest as if they were family. I am happy you were able to enjoy our amenities and surrounding area and hopefully next time you will have the opportunity to enjoy our restaurant. Safe travels to you and your family.

Kind regards,

Been to Holiday Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!