“Decent with some real bright spots, but a couple of serious issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Burlington

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in South Burlington
Barton, Vermont
“Decent with some real bright spots, but a couple of serious issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I probably would not have selected the Holiday Inn thanks to previous experience at other locations, but went for the Travelocity Top Secret to save a few bucks and ended up here. The room was pleasant and clean, with comfy bed and pillows. And it was quiet, except for the heat. My sleep was interrupted frequently throughout the night by the heater's clunking noise every time it turned on and off. Normally I would use the Fan On setting to mask the noise, but that wasn't an option and turning it off altogether didn't seem like a prudent choice in sub-zero weather. There were lots of conveniently located outlets, and the wifi was a bit sluggish but free. Plus the clean remote was a nice touch. The side chair was more comfortable than most, but it would have been better if located next to a small table for glasses and reading material.

My plans to get some work done over a quiet dinner and breakfast in the room were foiled by a combination of the room service phone line not working and the breakfast order card on my door staying right where it was until I finally gave up and left without breakfast in the morning. To be fair, the nice folks at the front desk were very apologetic and offered me breakfast in the restaurant, but by that time it was too late. In fact all of the front desk folks were pleasant and helpful, not to mention generous with their cookies. I was only there for one night and didn't try the pool or fitness center, but both looked nice as I passed by.

On the whole there was a lot to like about this place, more than I expected actually. But with the low points being as important as sleep and food, I'm a little hesitant to recommend it. On the other hand, if you're a heavy sleeper and not too lazy, I mean busy, to leave your room for a meal, it could be just right.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear SleepyPolly,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your visit to our hotel. I am very sorry about the noisy HVAC and breakfast mix up but I am very happy to know that our staff did their best make it up to you. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the Burlington area you will give us another chance to make right.

Kindest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel is old and needs refurbishing all around, especially the heating system which did not work in the first room I was given. The thermostat did not work, and when I asked maintenance to check it, the man came with a fan and said that I could control the temperature by opening the window, a ridiculous suggestion in freezing Burlington. The bathroom was small and the door was chipped, and the room had a repaired crack which was obviously done with no care to smooth the filler. Overall not up to the standard of a big chain hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a working thermostat which does not overheat.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear rc49456,

Thank you taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry about the condition of your room. Our maintenance staff is currently checking all of our heating and conditioning unites to ensure the comfort of our guests. I do hope you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to the Burlington area.

Warm regards,
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a great Hotel with helpfu staff.

We visited here during a large snow storm and we have car troubles (not just because of the cold). The staff helped us lots and were very understanding.

Its very close to the Magic Hat Brewing Company.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear jlunn,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. I am very happy we were able to assit you during our snow storm and I hope your next visit will be warmer.

Regards,
Greenfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Holiday Inn in South Burlington was just fine for us. We visited on a busy Holiday week and the Hotel was quite full. Lots of families with children running down the Halls and enjoying the attractive indoor pool. Our reservation, check-in, and check-out went very smoothly and the room was clean, neat and comfortable. Except for the occasional noise we had an excellent visit.

Room Tip: Opt for the 4th floor. More likely to be less busy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear David D,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. I am happy you were comfortable and am sorry for the noise out side of your room. We look forward to your next visit and hopefully it will be quieter.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a wonderful place for business professionals. There's a restaurant downstairs with very good hours and good food so that you don't have to waste time going elsewhere. The shuttle van was less than 5 minutes from the airport. The rooms are spacious and have everything a business professional would need. A nice touch was that the rooms have power strips next to the lamps near the bed so you can plug in all your devices instead of moving furniture around to get to wall outlets. WiFi was also very fast and not speed limited, which is very important for conducting remote sessions or telecons. I'd stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Menoo E,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review your hotel and service. It is a pleasure to hear that our recent upgrades are making a difference and getting knoticed. We hope to see you again soon.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Overall best place to stay in Berlington! Staff is friendly and rooms are great. Can't beat the price!! They were able to upgrade my room at no additional cost.. The bar/restaurant is very good and staff is very friendly. You will not regret this place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brian N.,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. I am very happy you were able to enjoy your visit with us and I hope you get to come back very soon.

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here and I couldn't of had a better experience. From the moment I got there I was welcome not only by the cleanliness but the warm faces. Meghan and Kyle were at the front desk and both welcomed me and my friend. They helped us with food and rides. They were personable and made me feel right at home! I would recommend everyone to stay here you will be welcomed, comfortable and relaxed. I thank Meghan for making my stay wonderful! Holiday inn has great employees!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Ali6206,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy our staff took such great care of you and help you feel at home. We look forward to your next visit to Burlington.

Warm regards,

Been to Holiday Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!