“So enjoyed, a must !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shoreham Inn

Shoreham Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shoreham
Shoreham Inn
You added Shoreham Inn to your Saves list
51 Inn Road, PO Box 265, Shoreham, VT 05770   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Shoreham B&B and Inns
Bromley
“So enjoyed, a must !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Had such an amazing time at the Shoreham Inn, wonderful hosts in a wonderful part of the world. a must if you are staying in the area! HOME AWAY FROM HOME

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Second visit to the Shoreham, & It just get's better!

A bit of home in America can't wait to come again!

Thanks

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I have been privileged to stay at the Shoreham Inn twice in the last few years. Both times I was between homes and made the Inn my base of operations while searching for permanent housing.

My most recent stay was at a particularly stressful time in my life, and I have to say that the warmth and welcome I experienced from Molly and Dominic went a long way in getting my feet more firmly planted.

The Inn has been exactly that--an Inn--for over 200 years. There is a sense of history and place that only such a facility could convey, yet it has been lovingly updated with all the necessary modern conveniences (eschewing those decidedly unnecessary intrusions like television). Within minutes of settling in, one feels at home due in no small part to Molly's warm and genuine smile. There is a palpable sense of community in the lively pub, and many locals are likely to include guests as another member of the gang. I cannot imagine ever feeling lonely or apart given the atmosphere. Having said that, the layout of the dining areas is such that it is also quite easy to grab a private cozy little corner for an intimate dinner.

So many small towns in America have teetered on the brink of extinction since the end of WWII, and I'm sure that Shoreham has been just as much at risk as the next small town, despite a thriving agricultural community . From many conversations I have had with locals, it is absolutely clear that Molly and Dominic have breathed new life into the village, and as I watch and participate as a (now) full-time resident, I can say that if a small town can be said to have a heart, in Shoreham, it is beating within the walls of the Inn.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Just back from my second stay at the Shoreham inn. It's a small, lovely inn with a small restaurant/gastropub attached in a very small and quiet town (gooly, used the word "small three times in that sentence). First time was on a biking trip, this time just to stop by and enjoy the inn and restaurant. Molly and Dom are gracious and welcoming hosts. The food is excellent, and comes from local providers (local cheeses, herbs, veggies, and meats), many of whom seem to be organic, grass-fed, hormone-free, etc.)

Will definitely come back again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

3 friends made the drive from Montreal to Vermont... what a beautiful drive, although a long one.. we did wonder if it would be worth it.
We were met with a very warm welcome & a wagging dog. We were early for our rooms but shown to them immediately & felt at home within minutes.
The gardens proved to be the perfect place to unwind from the city, armed with our books & a chilled glass of wine we whiled away the afternoon & in no time the place was coming to life for supper.
Our food was delicious, generous portions & the quality was spot on. Apparently my asparagus was grown by a neighbour in the town. This is definitely the hub of he community - Dom & Molly at the centre of it all, playing host to everyone.
I slept like a log & was so sad to leave the following day but we hit the antique trail & headed back to Montreal & then I headed bak to London promising myself I would be back....
More than a year on I am very excited to be planning a return, this time 1 night will definitely not be enough!

• Liked — Comfort, character & the team
  • Disliked — that i had to leave
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

We stayed at the Shoreham Inn as a part of a Inn to Inn cycling tour. My husband and I stayed here at the start and end of our visit. Great time! Great food. We'll be back

Stayed September 2008
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I would reccomend the Shoreham in to anyone who is looking for a relaxing place to stay that feels warm and welcoming. There are great rooms and a pub for those who like a social setting and the bedrooms are a wonderful and comfortable escape. The host and hostess are very friendly and the food is local and delicious!

• Liked — Very true and welcoming environment
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Shoreham Inn? Share your experiences!