“Cheap and cheerful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of North Star Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
North Star Motel
2427 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT 05482   |
Nottingham
“Cheap and cheerful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were on our honeymoon, exploring New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont on a fairly modest budget. We were in the Burlington area to catch up with an old friend. We initially booked in for just one night, I must admit, I had some reservations but the lady on the desk was friendly so we gave it a go! We had a room near the office and parked directly outside. The room was clean and smelled a little of bleach (makes a change from the usual peach overkill). The shower was very good, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable! It was quiet and only a few minutes drive into Burlington. We actually ended up staying another night. We did not take breakfast although it was included, we went to Denny's just down the road on the first morning and treated ourselves to breakfast at Shelburne Farm on the second. Yes the motel is dated and really could benefit from a general tidy up and refurbish but if you are on a budget, at $60 plus tax, it's not bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Ugly and old... We stayed (my hubby, my daughter and I) there because we need a place to sleep and no other places were availables on Labour Day weekend. Take your 109$ and go to a Comfort Inn instead, this is my advice. It is very clean but so old that you will not enjoy it!

• Stayed September 2012
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room here for one night talking to the owner. When I arrived I was told that they had taken me off the list and rented the room to some one else. I did not cancel the reservation. I was left hit
Gh and dry on a weekend when almost every hotel was booked. Never again. I thought I might end up sleeping in my van. The hotel is old and upon arriving I was not anxious to stay there. No one ther seemed to have any concern about finding me another room after they canceled my reservation by mistake. I would NOT recommend this as a reliable place to stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rutland, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had to stay in town overnight on business. This was by far the best value - $52 including tax. It had cable and wifi, and the rooms were neat and clean. Front desk staff were polite and courteous. I would definitely stay here again and I heartily recommend the motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is absolutely terrible. I was charged 70 bucks and the clerk insisted cash. I will give you a room in the back. The place was a s-h-i-t hole!!!! I would have rathered sleep in my car or spend the night in jail!! The carpet was covered in mildew! The heat didn't work. It was early spring so the room got to 50 degrees that night! The fire alarm didn't work. NO alarm clock just a crapy bed with ciggarette burned holes in the sheets! Nasty shower...this place just houses drug addicts! What a dump!
Tried to get a different room or my money back and the clerk would just lecture me on how there was no other rooms available in town! I hope this place gets shut down!

Room Tip: Unless you like to experience hell! This place is a nightmare! Sleep in your car instead!