“What reservation?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of North Star Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
North Star Motel
2427 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT 05482   |
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“What reservation?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room here for one night talking to the owner. When I arrived I was told that they had taken me off the list and rented the room to some one else. I did not cancel the reservation. I was left hit
Gh and dry on a weekend when almost every hotel was booked. Never again. I thought I might end up sleeping in my van. The hotel is old and upon arriving I was not anxious to stay there. No one ther seemed to have any concern about finding me another room after they canceled my reservation by mistake. I would NOT recommend this as a reliable place to stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Rutland, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had to stay in town overnight on business. This was by far the best value - $52 including tax. It had cable and wifi, and the rooms were neat and clean. Front desk staff were polite and courteous. I would definitely stay here again and I heartily recommend the motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is absolutely terrible. I was charged 70 bucks and the clerk insisted cash. I will give you a room in the back. The place was a s-h-i-t hole!!!! I would have rathered sleep in my car or spend the night in jail!! The carpet was covered in mildew! The heat didn't work. It was early spring so the room got to 50 degrees that night! The fire alarm didn't work. NO alarm clock just a crapy bed with ciggarette burned holes in the sheets! Nasty shower...this place just houses drug addicts! What a dump!
Tried to get a different room or my money back and the clerk would just lecture me on how there was no other rooms available in town! I hope this place gets shut down!

Room Tip: Unless you like to experience hell! This place is a nightmare! Sleep in your car instead!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I am currently staying at the North Star Motel and I highly recommend this motel to all travelers. It is very cozy and clean. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. And definitely fits into all budgets. Come and see for yourself. Dont pass this motel. Definitely stop in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

we were passing through the area and stopped in to inquire about the rates and the area. the staff was very polite and friendly. the rooms were neat and very clean. i would highly recommend this small, quaint place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

October 2, 2011 7:30PM: Very rude, not helpful at all! $38.99 rate is only for SMOKING ROOMS! All other rooms are $69.99 and $79.99 on weekends! MOLD IN THE AIR CONDITIONER! ROOM STAGNANT (NO AIR FLOW) AND SMELLS MUSTY! AIR CONDITIONER FILTER DISGUSTING! Breakfast basic bare essentials and doesn't look fresh. The only plus was free internet which most places include and location close (within 10-15 minute) to Burlington. Other places to checkout: Belair Motel (Nicest motel in Burlington in my opinion - Robyn a very nice woman - $79.99/night) and IN Burlington, and the Burlington Hostel ($35/night per person on weeknights and $40/night per person on weekends).

Room Tip: Have them clean the AC so you aren't breathing in the disgusting filter! Note: Air flow is vir...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at this place first in a basement room for the ungodly price of $69. No air, closet door wouldnt shut, medicine cabinet doors wouldnt open or close, they ran out of toilet paper and I had to buy my own. Then I was moved into a smoking room with a very small kitchentte for the price of $38. The blinds on the window were in shambles ams many of the missing, the funiture was dilapidated, a drawer was com pletely missing out of the dresser and the smoke alarm was removed from the wall. For the three days I was in this room I heard nothing but doors slamming and noisy guests. After I left I was accused of not returning the room key when in fact on the day of departure @ 9:38 a.m. I was walking to the front desk and housekeeping said give it to her and she would turn it in. Oh and this continentail breakfast..yeah okay..it's packaged pastries. If this is your last resort for a place to stay..use caution. The rooms attached sto the main building are okay and nice but the rest....don't advertise what is not real. Would I go back..only if my life depended upon it. No spa and no pool

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to North Star Motel? Share your experiences!