“Mistaken Identity” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shelburne
Chichester, New Hampshire
“Mistaken Identity”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I thought I had stayed here some years ago, but no. This was a disappointment - a "deal" in the Burlington area, and there's a reason. It is very run-down, as others have commented; we refused the first room because the street view room's sliding glass door wouldn't lock, plus the floor squeaked like crazy. Second room toward the back was a slight improvement, but still pretty borderline. I found a VERY large and interesting bug (some kind of millipede, I would guess) in the bathtub, and passed on showering... Breakfast held no surprises, except that the coffee was pretty good! Staff were friendly, although our request to change rooms was met with some stubbornness. Apparently some folk are regulars - business travelers? Their loyalty must keep this place going.

Room Tip: Choose a good room in another motel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

And stay at any number of more reputable chains up and down route 7. Upon checking in the desk clerk wrote my credit card number down on a piece of scrap paper rather than swiping...super secure. The room was spacious yet beaten up - holes in the bathroom wall ect. We were also surprised that the windows were all sealed shut on a 2nd floor room in a semi rural setting. The air was stale and the AC not up to the task of circulating it properly. Relatively clean, just worn down and stale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Smyrna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for 8 days and the suite was very nice and roomy. Staff was friendly, however, there are some housekeeping issues. Most days about 3:30 they came and brought towels and picked up trash and that's about all. Also, Internet service very spotty and slow -- had to use my hotspot most of the time for my work.

Mtl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We took a room at this hotel,thinking we would save money (110.00) for 1 nights,
This hotel is very damaged and not well maintained.
Our room was in very bad shaped and i took the less damaged one,the owners showed me 2 other rooms that were worst the the one we took.

I dont know how can this chain of hotel can keep this place open,its a disgrace for that company,i know that econo lodge is the bottom range for that chain,but there is still a minimum you should keep .

I will never go back to that place,it's too bad the others hôtels and motels in the area are way too expansive (180 to 250 a night).

Room Tip: never go there
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We took a room here before having checked the reviews on Tripadvisor otherwise we'd have gone elsewhere. To be honest, the room wasn't terrible but it felt tired, the bathroom was definitely in need of repair and generally the whole place felt unloved.

The guy at check in originally refused to honour a coupon we had, without giving a good reason, but then agreed a slightly higher rate.

Breakfast was relatively minimal although toast and coffee were all we needed to get going.

Although we didn't have a terrible time in the same way as other reviewers, in hindsight I'd have paid a little bit more for somewhere else. I recommend avoiding this place if you possibly can.

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked this as it was the only place available for one night. Have been to other Econo Lodges before and they're okay, but this place was horrible. The mattresses were thin and lumpy, the carpet and room just seemed dirty, the patio door was difficult to lock. The ice machine was down in the basement in the main building, very scary, felt like a scene from a horror movie. Had to walk by a homeless guy sleeping out on a bench. Stayed with my 2 sisters, we went to do some shopping but will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Upstate NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Usually we do not have any trouble booking online, however we were very disappointed in our accommodations with Econ Lodge in Shelburne Vt.
For the price we paid of $139.19 the room was a disappointment.
The bathroom was very run down, their was a mildew stain on the shower curtain and the door would not close without pushing very hard on it. The door itself was in need of being replaced as you could see where parts of the wood on the bottom were stripped away and their was paint missing on it. The door closest to the 2nd bed which leads to the outside, had a deadbolt but also a door security guard that was broken. The curtain had worn holes in it. The biggest problem was the strong smell as you entered the room. It smelled like a strong cleaning product and even after leaving the door open for about 30 minutes to air it out, I could not make the smell go away. I ended up having a headache for most of the night.

I cannot speak for the other rooms but ours was very disappointing. If we were scheduled to spend another night I would have requested either another room or a refund.

When we got to the desk for admittance, they said they did not have a room for us. I adv them I booked online and they still said there was nothing for us. I reminded them that I called the night before to confirm the reservation and FINALLY they found our reservation. I had a very hard time understanding them with their broken english.

Knowing what I know now, I would have gladly spent another $50 a night for better accommodations.

I did not try the pool or the WIFI but will say this is the first room we have had in the 20 plus years we have traveled that DID NOT have a refrigerator or a hair dryer....Are they aware we are in the year 2013 and these are normal everyday items people need??

One of the pluses of booking here was that they served breakfast. I adv my husband there was no way I was putting their food in my body after experiencing their accommodations. I spent $29 at Denny's for breakfast instead,,

Look elsewhere folks, this is the not the place even for my dog.

Room Tip: Nothing good to say other than look elsewhere. Wish I did. Am hoping now I did not bring any disea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Shelburne? Share your experiences!