“clean, comfortable and excellent value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Shelburne / Burlington

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Shelburne / Burlington to your Saves list
Days Inn Shelburne / Burlington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3229 Shelburne Road, I-89 Exit 13, on RT 7, Shelburne, VT 05482   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Shelburne
Troy, New York
“clean, comfortable and excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating to us. The room was very clean! the GM (Mike) and the girl with the long brown hair (sorry I forgot your name) that cleaned our room were very nice. Instead of staying downtown Burlington you can save hundreds of dollars staying here. The cab fare was only 15-20 dollars one way to downtown Burlington and with all the money we saved on the room we were able to eat better, do more, and have cocktails in Burlington and take a taxi home. Bring your own pillows if you want super softies. We only had small paper cups in our room but when we called the desk they brought us some plastic pint glasses. That was very nice of them but you may want to bring your own. We stayed in room #155 and we had a nice pond view. When we come there again we will be sure to stay at this Days Inn. Thank you to all the staff!!!!
Jimmy and Heather

Room Tip: pond view on backside of hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
dmolsen, Owner at Days Inn Shelburne / Burlington, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Jimmie and Heather:

Thank you so much for your review and pointing out the fact that we are less expensive than the downtown inns but it is not a problem to get downtown. The downtown is only 41/2 miles north and many people take a bus (except on Sundays) or even ride bikes into town. It was a pleasure serving you and we do hope to see you at the Days Inn Shelburne in the near future. I will pass on your comments to our staff. Thank you again.

Yours truly

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
FORT MYERS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were very nicely surprised with this Days Inn.. Claudia checked us in and helped us find a room that was nice and quiet as we were staying 4 days.
The room was very large and met our needs. Housekeeping did and excellent job and the breakfast every morning was very good.
We had a nice view of a little pond and meadow from our window.
I would recommend this hotel and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel, overlooking the pond are the quiet ones.
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you found Claudia helpful and that your needs were met while you stayed at the Days Inn Shelburne. We certainly hope you visit our area again and that you stay with us if the need arrises. Happy travels.

Manchester CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were looking for a hotel to use on a regular monthly basis, to come up and visit our daughter at college. We hoped this one would fit the bill. Sadly, and with great disappointment, it did not. I ended up traveling myself, my husband landed in the hospital. After bringing my kid to college, then finishing the day with an 11 hour drive this is the room I came into: (paid:$180 w/tax; Rm 156)

1.AC: high speed didnt exist, ran very low. Room took hours to cool down. Made sounds all night. Old a/c unit. knobs missing/ looked dirty/dingy.
2. No dress up blanket/comforter; only a white sheet on top of night blanket. Made it look like a cheap room, like a hospital bed. Some sort of "fabric" was on the bottom edge, the "attempt" to look chic failed miserably. Everyone expects to be wowed with a decorated bed. This failed.
3.Noisy: no soundproofing; when one door shuts in the hall, the room door shakes.
4.TV channels were limited/basic like any economy hotel would offer. Remote battery cover missing, the battery was "taped" in.
5.Lamps, clock, wall hanging, had a layer of dust. Lamp on right of bed was filthy on its base. The nightstand it was on was "sticky".
6. The desk had a "office" type chair, over-sized for the space, hard to maneuver; had to move it into/near doorway to get in and out of that side of bed. It looked ridiculous and fit even worse. Why not change sides? I sleep on that side, thats it.
7.Far north wing door had no security lock, there for anyone to walk in that hallway, my room was a few down. Also no step, if you opened that door and didnt watch, you would just go
to the pavement.
By the way, hope you can haul luggage, you will have to do it quite far down these "wings" from where the entrances are.
8. I decide to wear socks even to bed as I am just grossed out with this room and dont even want my clean skin to touch the carpet. I get up in the night to use the bathroom and feel something hard edged under my foot. Broken "glass" or some sort of glass-like pieces. Guess the housekeeper forgot to vacuum.
9. Next morning go to the credenza which housed the tv, refrig, microwave and coffee set up.
I prepare my coffee and its not working. Try again. Nothing. Well thats because its not plugged in. There is NO plug for the machine. So the machine has to be moved to one of the gross tables as the lamp bases have outlets on them. Give me a break.

Before I left I delivered this review to the desk clerk. He was very good. I wasnt looking to get any discount, but I wanted the manager to know the experience of a traveler, a traveler who used to work at a hotel. I did not get any call from the manager so I am writing the review I said I would.
Stepping on that broken "glass" was the straw that broke my back. The coffee situation could be almost laughable if I wasnt already so disgusted with this place. Again, why bother with a nice set up if it has to be moved to use it?

I expected better quality for this area and this chain. I could have easily booked a cheaper room elsewhere down the road but we felt by going to this area for overnights would be pleasant, safe and worth the expense for our future monthly trips to visit our kid.
Never again at this place. Never.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
dmolsen, Owner at Days Inn Shelburne / Burlington, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear guest: The reason your note had no response was that there was not a date a room number or a name to refer to. Otherwise you would have been responded to immediately.

1) The air conditioning unit. I do not see any complaint while you were in the room. It might have been an easy fix or we could have changed your room to one with a properly functioning air conditioner. We have 5 air conditioners on a trolley to be installed as needed.
2) Apparently your voice is not among the very many who have sent complaints to hotels all over the country about comforters and coverlets. What you have regarded as cheap for whatever reason , the observation you have made is erroneous. A comforter will cost $125.00 to $175.00 The bed scarf cost $85.00 and with the laundering they will cost in excess of $300 to $400it. per year. The reason this change is being instituted nation wide is that comforters cannot be washed everyday. Please take some time to read the various reports on this matter on social network websites. We are responding to what people want. It costs $2.00 every time a sheet is washed. There is a bottom sheet, a top sheet, a blanket, a sheet on top of that, a bed scarf and an extra blanket in the room. We would much prefer not to have to absorb this cost. A comforter that last 8 years would be a much more sound financial decision ($2400.00 in the lifetime of the comforter) but not one that affords a customer the comfort in knowing his bed is as clean as it could be.
3) We have cinder block between all room which is in itself an unusual and soundproofing.. This keeps sound to a minimum. I have no idea why your room would have been noisy. You will not find complaints of noisy conditions at our motel with trip advisor.
4) We have 24 channels including HBO and ESPN. We respond to customer complaints however. We had several complaints about not having ESPN so we added ESPN. We also added a Canadian channel because of a request for it. If there is a channel that you would like we will try to get that channel.
5) Dust in the rooms is a problem in our area when they plow fields at Shelburne Farms. The rooms this time of year are dusted everyday as they are rented everyday but when it is windy and they are ploughing it is dusty. This is a farming town.
6) The chair has an adjustment making it possible to slide under the desk. You have to be sitting in the chair to do this. This is also the expectation in hotel rooms currently.
7) We do not have exterior locks at any entrance to our property. We have surveillance. We have not had a problem in our 45 year history but that day is coming and we are making plans to install exterior programmed locks.
8) The carpet in your room in 60 days old. Newer and cleaner than that is not possible
9) There are plugs everywhere in that room. I just went into the room and there are 18 plugs in the room. 4 are on the front of the lamps. The coffee is located in an area which seems to most people a good compromise. Most people do not take advantage of the in room coffee service so they do not want it to be front and center. But if you do put it on the desk and plug it into the lamp which is 4 inches away.
Your complaints are so numerous and many of them inexplicable. I did the best I could however it is unusual that one would have to make excuses for updating a property. It is clear that if you do not like the updates this is not the property for you. We are all trying to make travel a pleasant experience that works for everyone in any price range. I read many social media posts on what people did not like about hotels and we tried within those confines to supply a solution for the problems travelers experience. There are many hotels to chose from that have not been updated but if your would like modern convenience in a country setting we would be an option. Sorry we were not able to do that for you. There are several properties that still have the old bedding system if you need a referral. We and most visitors are happy with our system.

Campbell Hall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is convenient to Shelburne and Burlington. The desk clerk (when we checked in) was very knowledgeable about the local area and gave us excellent directions to find St. Michael's College.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear guest:

Thank you for your review. We are happy to have provided a room that met your expectations and that our desk clerk was able to help you find your destination. Please visit us again when you are in our neighborhood.

Arlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Old style construction - narrow hallways & stairways! Northside exit door has no lock. Good news is room renovation is excellent!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear guest:

Thank you for your review. I will be going to visit other hotels to see if our hallways are smaller than most. I had no idea frankly. Just kidding of course. We appreciate the positive comments and we hope that you enjoy your time in Vermont. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope that you chose the Days Inn Shelburne again for you lodging needs in the Burlington area.

Dianna

Been to Days Inn Shelburne / Burlington? Share your experiences!