“The most fun you can have with snow boots on!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: N.E.K Adventures offers scenic guided ATV and snowmobile tours during the spring, summer, fall, and winter months on over 150+ miles of trail in the Northeast Kingdom. Call us today to book your tour!
Milford, Connecticut, United States
3 attraction reviews
“The most fun you can have with snow boots on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I wanted to do something fun in the snow because shoveling isn't much fun. So a friend and I decided that we would try NEK for her birthday this year. I made our reservations with Phil, our guide, and we drove up for our tour on January 27, 2013.

I have never had so much fun with snow boots on!

We were lucky enough to have a day that was clear and beautiful. Visibility was good for miles and we took full advantage of it. It took a few miles to get a feel for using the sleds, but it wasn't long and we were following trails up the mountains, over small bridges, across open fields, and up to a lookout that gave us a view all the way to the majestic White Mountains. You could see clouds encircling a few of the peaks!

Phil had quick stories and anecdotes for our stops and was patient and kind enough to explain the trails and VAST system to me. (Which is beautifully maintained.) We rode for a couple of hours and then stopped for the most wonderful lunch at The Lodge at the Curtis Vance Memorial Orchard. If you can, make that your lunch stop. Those folks know how to roll out a warm welcome and wonderful meal. (Try the blackberry/jalapeno jelly.)

We ended our trip with more time on the sleds and it was fantastic. It's exhilerating! Keep an eye out for shaggy cows, moose, and other riders, you're going to have an amazing time.

And tip your guide! That guy rocks.

Visited January 2013

Newton, New Hampshire, United States
“November 4 Wheeler Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We reserved a trip for my husband's 40th birthday which just so happened to fall on the first weekend of hunting season. Even though we didn't go off road (due to the hunters) it was a great experience for my first time on a 4 wheeler. We were even surprised with a birthday cake while resting at one of the most beautiful log cabins we've ever seen.

Can't wait to go back in the summer. Definitely would recommend!

Visited November 2012
Greensboro Bend, Vermont, United States
“Fantastic Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

A friend from out of state was visiting and we wanted something fun to do so we decided to go on a 2-hour ATV ride with the NEK Adventures. Never been on an ATV before our guide Phil was very understanding and gave us great instructions and off we went. The day was warm and sunny, the views were beautiful and we had a fantastic time. I wish we could have gone on the 4 hour tour as we had so much fun. I highly recommend this tour and am looking forward to the snowmobile tours this winter.

Visited November 2012
Winooski, Vermont
“Great fun - even for the inexperienced rider!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had never ridden or driven an ATV so I was a little nervous attempting the two hour tour with my husband, my sister and my brother-in-law. Phil put us at ease right away, gave us great instructions and we had a great time. The weather was awesome. Phil's planned stops - the million dollar view, and the bed and breakfast were made more interesting with the shared stories that went with them. And the unplanned stop with the morgan horses in the field rounded out the deer, pheasant and turkies (real ones, not humans) that we saw along the way.

Visited October 2012
Barrington, New Hampshire
“It could not have been better !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wow what a beautiful day we had. The weather was almost 70 for a late October day that in it's self was amazing !! Craig Vance was the best tour guide. We rode brand new ATVs they were so clean.. We covered many miles and view some wild life that we don't have in our back yards in NH. Craig explained where we were and pointed out some mountain ranges we even saw Mt. Washington !!
The trails were great the views of VT breathtaking !! The best part was going to the Log cabin Inn along with the apple orchard... We didn't want the tour to end. We will be back !!!

Visited October 2012