“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Phone 802-424-1215 (All info copied from my receipt!)
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on way to Quebec. Had angus burgers, crab cake sandwich with sweet potato fries. Delicious, service was great. We ate outside on the deck overlooking the river. Four of us ate lunch for under $45.00!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

At first, we went there with a really open state of mind. This place is really cute, we were greated by a charming young women who took some time to ask about ourselves. The menu is impressive and seems to be rotating a lot. My girlfriend has a gluten intolerence and they were at ease and very accommodating. The food was well cooked, lots of flavors and textures. They had a couple of VT microbreweries beers on tap as well. The service is awesome, everybody looked happy to work. I recommand.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Top choice in St. Johnsbury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Interesting menu, excellent food, attractive decor, outdoor terrace seating available, full bar, open Sundays.

Visited August 2013
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Lucky Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I really lucked out in finding this restaurant in an area we were just passing through. The main seating area was closed for lunch so we ate at the bar. The bartender was very welcoming and served us excellent meals - I can still taste the sweet potato fries.

It is a very attractive place with an outside deck overlooking the old mill and the river.

If we are in the area again, we look forward to eating on the deck.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Don't eat fish on Sunday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

St Johnsbury's doesn't seem to offer much and this might be the best there is, but it's lucky there isn't much competition.

My girlfriend and I ordered two appetizers, soup and an entree, fresh haddock. The soup was bland. The appetizers good, BUT the fish was bad and was returned. It was over cooked leading me to believe that the kitchen knew it was an iffy proposition to serve. There really isn't any excuse for this. A "fine" restaurant should know when fish is bad. (In fact, any restaurant should.) I suppose beef might improve by an extra day in the fridge. Fish doesn't.
Again, no excuse for serving bad fish.

This came across like a restaruant in a small town that has pretensions for more than it is. Dishes were priced as if it were upscale dining, but if I ever return to St. Johnsbury, I'm sticking to burgers, pizza or Chinese.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere