“Cannot Wait to return to Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 Western Avenue, Saint Johnsbury, VT 05819   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Windham, Maine
“Cannot Wait to return to Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We loved the inn,at any price, but at these rates, what a value! The cross country skiing on "Kingdom Trails" up at Burke Mountain was just top notch! For Dinner we took our family to eat at the Creamery Restaurant and yet again we scored a great meal. The staff at the inn was great and attentive to all our needs, answered all our questions, and had great suggestions! Finally the rooms were great and the beds were just what we needed after the long day of skiing! Cannot wait to return to God's country and will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Cross country skiing is such a great sport and there is nowhere better to do it than at Kingdom Trails. If you are ever interested in downhill skiing, our Burke ski package is priced at only $139 which includes two lift tickets. I am a huge fan of the Creamery. Next time you are here you should consider trying Baliwicks. It is another fabulous local restaurant. Again thank you for posting a review and I hope you visit again soon. Until then, safe travels.

fairbanksInn@aol.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cohasset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

It has been several years since we visited St. johnsbury for snowmobiling. This year mother nature cooperated and we were eager to return. Several other couples join us each winter for snowmobiling vacations. We have stayed at both the Comfort Inn and Fairbanks Inn in the past. Both have treated us well but we prefer the lower rates at the Fairbanks. The inn was clean, quiet, and the ladies at the front desk were very helpful. Keep up the good work. We hope to be back before the season ends!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so excited that Mother Nature finally listened and has graced us with snow. We love our snowmobilers having so many familiar faces back to visit. We recognize that you have many options and appreciate you choosing us.

Our VAST snowmobile rate is only $79. With all the snow we are currently receiving, I hope you will be back to visit us. Until then, safe travels.

Lakeville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our family had a very pleasant stay at the Fairbanks this past week. We had a great rate, enjoyed skiing nearby, and the staff couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. Area was quiet, room was clean. Looking forward to our next relaxing ski vacation at the Fairbanks!

Room Tip: Call early for best selection.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving a review for the Fairbanks Inn. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. With the closest mountain only being 20 minutes away and our prices starting at $139…we offer an amazing value. Again thank you for taking the time to post a review. Until next time, safe travels.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My family, (which happens to include a 4 year old Golden Retriever) stays at the Fairbanks Inn for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. Instead of staying at one of our parents homes, (both my wife and I grew up in Saint Johnsbury) we prefer the convenience and quality that we receive at the Fairbanks Inn. We never have to worry about what we are going to do with our furry family member because they have a pet-friendly section of the hotel which alleviates much of the holiday stress that we experienced in the past.

Also, most hotels that we have stayed at during the holidays are simply sub-par. It is generally very difficult to get the staff to do anything, let alone get them on the phone. This is not the case with Fairbanks Inn. In fact, they go the extra mile to leave gift baskets at our door filled with goodies which our 8 year old loves.

The Fairbanks Inn sits on a very large lot. This is great because our daughter can take our dog outback and play in the snow and be surrounded by trees and quiet!

All of the rooms that we have stayed in have been well appointed and clean.

We would recommend Fairbanks Inn to anyone visiting the area if they are looking for quality, convenience, cost efficiency and good location to the highway, town and Burke for skiing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was my second time staying at the Fairbanks in one month. The first time we walked into a room smelling of urine so badly we had to ask for our room to be changed. The second room was fair. Lots of stains on the carpets but got through it just fine.

The second time will be my last! First off I think there are some transient drug dealers living there. It wouldn't take an idiot to figure out drugs are being dealt out of there. Watched several people who appeared to be strung out on heroin in and out of a room.

Some zombie looking drunks tried to enter my room, holding beer cans and then his friend suggested we were the "neighbors". We physically had move them out of our room as my sister was just arriving and entering with her two small children.

Crazy parties all night. The room above us had a girl screaming for it all night. We couldn't figure out if she was being raped or was really enjoying it. This went on until maybe their cocaine ran out at 5 AM. Our kids was awake all night.

When I suggested it was loud as we checked out, the woman at the counter said "yah something like that" as I went on to say this is quite the party place.

Also the state police and local police were in and out of the parking lot the entire time both times I stayed.

The rooms are OK. Lots of stains on the carpets and the blankets are old and gross. The kind of place you wonder if the sheets actually get changed. We stayed there for the ski and stay deal but not worth it. The parties, drunks and drug addicts keep you up all night long.

There is no way the staff was unaware of what was going on at this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Fairbanksinn78, director of operations at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
My name is Brett Loehr and I am the regional manager that oversees the operations of the Fairbanks Inn. On behalf of my entire team, I would like to sincerely apologize. Please know that we have taken immediate steps that ensure no one else will have a similar experience. I have reached out to you directly and will do everything in my power to earn back your trust. My direct line is (802) 748-6136 should any guests in the past, present, or future decide they would like to contact me.

Brett Loehr
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I travel for a living and I can say this hotel is absolutely the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. When we were checking in there was a new trainee at the deck and her supervisor was treating her with total lack of respect. That started to turn me off of this hotel then the supervisor starting giving me a hard time and I am just trying to check in. The room (211) smelled like smoke, bathroom vent sounded like a dryer with 100 pennies rolling around in it and the carpet was dirty. We could clearly hear the person upstairs walking around and then you could hear him going to the bathroom (not pleasant). The heater was very noisy and the walking around noise upstairs continued until 4AM. In the morning I told the women at the desk and she seemed like she had hear this before from other guests. If I understand this correctly this hotel is owned by the same person that owns the Comfort Inn and Suites in St. Johnsbury (a wonderful hotel) so I am shocked that this hotel is such a dump. Save yourself some sleep as well as money and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in room 211
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairbanksinn78, Regional Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2014

Brett Loehr
Hersey, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have stayed at the Fairbanks Inn on a few occasions, but this last time I stayed the atmosphere has changed. I was expecting a nice quiet stay in my room which had upgraded some of it's furniture since my last day except for the TV which remains out of date, but overall the room was spacious and clean. But I don't know what kind of guest they have staying there because people were moving about all hours of the night, yelling and just generally being loud. I went out on the balcony and I had heard conversations going on with the guest near me about drugs. I went back in my room and tried to get some sleep. Upon check out I noticed the local police department was there. I'm not sure what was going on, but I don't think I will be returning to this place again.

• Stayed January 2014
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
First thank you for your review.We have recently redecorated our guest rooms to give a more updated appearance. We will be replacing the televisions shortly with flat screen sets. I apologize for your experience with the other guests. I do wish you would have called the front desk when you were disrupted. We have different folks from different walks of life. The Fairbanks inn has a great relationship with the local police department. They stop by here to say hi quite often. Again I am truly very sorry for your experience. I do hope you will give us another try on your next visit.

Respectfully
Tabitha general manager

Been to Fairbanks Inn? Share your experiences!