“Good honest food, though building a little tired” 4 of 5 stars

802-748-6748
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
UK
“Good honest food, though building a little tired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We dropped in for lunch today entirely at random as we were driving past.

All our food (brown onion soup, quiche, crab cakes) was delicious and good value. Service was fast and friendly - though perhaps that was helped by us being the only patrons (there had been snow overnight, and the streets were quiet).

The old post office building the cafe is in is an interesting building, but a little tired. The bathrooms, for example, looked rather elderly.

However, we would definitely return if passing again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Lower Waterford, Vermont, United States
“Best Crab Cakes, and More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Always great food, but I especially love the crab cakes. Carrot cake is pretty yummy, too. I take my out-of-state friends here to dine when they visit, and they are not disappointed.

Visited January 2013
mpatvt
“creative and fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

sandwiches, soups and other light fare. mostly made with local ingredients. reasonable prices and friendly staff. good place to go for lunch if you are shopping downtown in St. Johnsbury!

Visited September 2012
Franklin, New Hampshire
“Dylan's made lunch memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I had lunch at Dylan’s in St. Johnsbury, VT. Note, my GPS had the wrong address, since they recently relocated to the old post office building on
Eastern Ave. The atmosphere reflects remnants of the old post office. Service was statndard.

The food was outstanding. I had a turkey sandwich which was made with home roasted turkey, apple slices and maple cured bacon. It distanced itself from any “deli style” sandwich you might be used to. In addition I had a bowl of French onion soup that was by far, the best that I have ever had! The 1/2 sandwich and soup combo was $11.50 which I felt was reasonable. My wife had a quiche special and stated it too was the best she has ever had. If you find yourself in the area, I hope you find it as memorable an experience as we did.

Visited September 2012
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
“Great place to take visitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We had company visiting from Maryland who wanted to go out for lunch. We picked Dylan's, and we had a wonderful lunch. My wife and I each had the "Dylan's Turkey" sandwich which came with a small bed of greens. They roast the turkey themselves, which is much better than the processed turkey from a deli. It was delicious, as were the greens with their salad dressing. Our company had the 1/2 sandwich and a cup of soup combination. They enjoyed their meal too. This is a great place to enjoy a delicious meal.