We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in St. Johnsbury for one night on our way up to Quebec. It was a beautiful winding ride off the highway with breathtaking Vermont scenery (we could have chosen to stay on the highway for anyone who is hesitant about the back roads). We were happy with how clean, big, and nice the property was.
There are lots of food choices that were very appealing in the area. We were sad that we only had a short time and couldn't try more.
I only had two concerns about this hotel. One is that it was quite pricey, though I have to say the room was large with a fridge, nice tv, lounge area, and breakfast was provided in the morning (although we didn't partake in the breakfast ourselves). The other concern was with the Wi-Fi. I had an online exam to take that evening and was prepared to use a cable to connect in my room if the wi-fi was being spotty. Well, the wi-fi was excruciatingly slow/disconnecting. Although the website stated internet access was both wireless and wired, we were told by the front desk that they removed wired access from the rooms and they were in the process of needing to increase their bandwidth for the wi-fi. We were also told that there were a lot of students on our floor using up bandwidth, I have no idea why. Thankfully I was able to wait until late and the wi-fi connection improved so I could take my exam.
Overall, I'd stay here again for sure. I just might not do it on an exam night! The staff was very friendly, too. Also, I loved that there were recycle bins in the room!! This was the first hotel I'd seen that in and I REALLY appreciate it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning hotel is located in the heart of Vermont's majestic Northeast Kingdom. The Comfort Inn & Suites is Northern New England's best year-round vacation destination. Recent improvements include fully remodeled guest rooms, pool area, 42 inch flat-screen televisions, and an updated breakfast room. Complimentary hot breakfast is served each morning. The hotel's guests also enjoy the large fitness center, whirlpool and heated indoor saltwater pool. Vacation packages with Burke Mountain, Cannon Mountain, Bretton Woods, Jay Peak, Kingdom Trails and Santa's Village are available seasonally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Saint Johnsbury
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Saint Johnsbury
- Saint Johnsbury Comfort Inn