You added BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Best Western Pl, 5 Best Western Place, Rutland, VT 05701 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland/Killington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went with a family of four including two toddlers at the beginning of December 2012. We rent a suit. Rooms are clean, kitchen has everything, just need a few updates. The breakfast was great. The lady in charge of the kitchen was a little cold. We say hi and thank you . She did hot have any eye contact with us. It was not busy.overall god deals.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TravelerfromVT, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Our suites are perfect for large size families and come with separate bedrooms, living rooms an fully equipped kitchens with full size appliances. Most guests think they are more like apratments than a hotel suite! I apologize for your unpersonal enconer with our breakfast hostess. As I am not sure who was on duty I will look into it and speak with them personally. We strive to provide excellent customer service at our property and ould sincerely enjoy having you and your family return again in the future. Let me know if I can be of further service for you! Coleen Lio, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over a 3 day weekend for a snowboarding trip. The room was clean and comfortable. They had a good breakfast selection. The room was large. The hotel is about a 15-20 mins to Killington, but very easy to get to. They also have a nice game room and common area with coffee all day.

• Stayed January 2013
Hope you enjoyed yourself at Killingon snowboarding. I hear they have improved their terrain to allow for a lot more boarders! Our rooms are nice and large and very comfortable. We are glad that you found everything to your liking during your trip. It certainly starts the day off on the right foot when you an sit down and eat a hot breakfast including eggs, sausage and make your own waffles! Let us know when you will be returning and we will greet you warmly. Thanks again for the great comments. Coleen Lio, General Manager
Allentown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The front staff is very knowledgable and is very courteous. I happened to loose my hat in the breakfast room and one of the employees found it for me within 20 mins. It was great knowing that people actually care. This hotel seemed to try to get the know the guests and make them feel warm and welcome. I haven't stayed at a Best Western yet until this one for other reasons.
The front desk employee was very nice, "Ryan," he booked us into our room in a very quick amount of time. This hotel was a little bit different than our other hotels that we have stayed in the past. It was separated by buildings and we happened to be in building four on the second floor. Our room was extremely huge and had a full sized kitchen (fully equipped with pots, pans, dishes, etc.) with enormous living room and a dining room table that sat 6 people. If I am not mistaken the sofa bed in the living room was a king. The actual bedroom was very nice as well with two comfortable queen size beds. This hotel had a nice bathroom and many closets for individuals. One thing I did enjoy was there there two 42 inch tv's in the living room and bedroom & there were two thermostats in the respective rooms.
The breakfast was complimentary with warm food (scrabbled eggs, sausage, canadian bacon, etc.) and make your own yogurt, waffles, and bread assortment, cereal, and of course coffee. It was very good and highly recommended before boarding/skiing Killington/ Pico.
I can't complain about this hotel experience, everything about this experience was great, and it started off by just a smile of the employees. Overall, I would stay here again, it was about 20 minutes away from Killington, but the room was HUGE!!! Very impressed that the staff and room was able to make it feel like we didn't leave home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor in the suites have a high ceiling and lots of amenities (full sized kitche...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful compliments about our staff and the property. It's comment's like these that really give us a boost and heps to motivate everyone on the team. It is especially nice when you point out an individual by name. I will be sure that he sees your remarks. Sounds like you were in a one-bedroom suite and honestly, when travelig and working hard all day it is definately the way to go! Keep us in mind for your future ski trips and also during the summer when the pool is open. Take Care and see you soon! Coleen Lio, General Manager
Sydney Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Got into Rutland in the Early evening after a long drive from Maine and was welcomed by the owner doing a shift ! Very pleasant book-in and as my wife is a BW Rewards holder she was offered and accepted some free goodies ! A nice touch I thought ? The place was pretty quite and the rooms were lovely , each set out in seperate blocks and the grounds were large with easy parking. Wasn't the cheapest BW but was pleasant and the breakfast was very good. I could see this being a nice base in the Ski season but all we got was rain !! Maybe next time ?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Awww, so sorry the weather did not cooperate during your stay with us bu it sounds like you had a good time regardless. I do sometimes get to work the shifts at the front desk as I love to be able to meet and greet our guests. Best Western Rewards guests are always welcome to receive special goodies or being members and oftentimes when we can, we offer complimentary upgrades to our one-bedroom suites where you have plenty of room to spread out and play or simply watch tv on our new 42" flat screen televisions. Come see us again, and we will do ou best to have the sun out for you! Take Care. Coleen Lio, General Manager
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Rutland for 1 night - Dec. 31, 2012 - as part of a mini ski vacation. (We did not participate in any of the ski packages promoted by the hotel.)
From the first call to reserve a room through checkout, the experience was excellent! I called at the last minute to request a room, but had concerns given it was a holiday. The Best Western had one of lowest rates available for available accommodations in the area.
The rate I was quoted matched the lowest available rate on the Best Western website. The only downside was the 72 hour cancellation notice requirement. Fortunately, I had no reason to cancel my reservation!
The hotel is situated just outside of the main section of Rutland, VT, directly off of Rte.4, convenient to anything a guest could potentially need during a stay.
The room was comfortable and clean and quiet. The room included a large flat screen t.v., a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. Free WiFi was a surprise bonus!
The beds were surprising comfortable and the linens were crisp and inviting!
The bathroom and shower were typical - with good water pressure and decent towels.
The included breakfast was great! A hot buffet breakfast with make-your-own waffles. Perfect before a day of skiing!
I would recommend this Best Western!
p.s. Although I can't recall his name, the new front desk manager was very nice and helpful!

Room Tip: I was assigned a 2nd floor room. The room was quiet, and I would request a 2nd floor room if I were...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and we are so glad we were able to accomodate you over the New Year's eveing. The standard room that you were in is scheduled for an upgrade later this summer with replacements of all the case goods. We are hoping that these changes will help to create even more space for your comfort. Visit us during the summer when you can relax in our outdoor heated pool - it is really a treat after touring or working hard all day! Give us a call agian and we will be happy to make a reservation for you and continue to offer the best service that we can. Thanks again. Coleen Lio, General Manager
Greenland, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was so pleased with the quality of this place! It was clean and comfortable... wonderful amenities... the staff were fabulous... especially Ryan!! I do not regularly recommend places, but this one I DO!!!!!

Christmas morning Santa left gift bags on the doors!! How sweet!!!

Room Tip: my room was perfect, can't leave just 1 tip as it was all fabulous!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Visited this hotel on a business trip. The room was clean enough. There was a new flat screen TV. But the bed linens were old/worn and the the room needed some updating. Great breakfast though -waffle makers, eggs & sausage, yogurt & granola, bagels, fruit, etc.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so very much for your reveiw. I fond your comments very constructive and have forwarded onto our houskeeping deparment for correction. Sheets should never be worn, as we have plenty of new to put on all bes. I apologize for that issue you encountered. The guest room that you were in is scheduled to be upgraded later this summer wth all new case goods. We hope that you will enjoy them! Let us know when you are planning anothe visit and we will give you a very large welcome back! Thanks again. Coleen Lio, General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington? Share your experiences!