“Best Hampton Inn !” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
“Best Hampton Inn !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I stayed here only once so far but I will definitely be back. From check in to check out this place is top notch in my book. Was exhausted as I wandered up to the front desk but the cheerful front desk attendant was quick,efficient and very friendly. I felt very welcome and she even helped me with the door. Bev even brought me extra towels that I asked for. The rooms are impeccably clean and well appointed. Beds are very comfortable . Slept well with no outside noises. The pool was very clean and water temperature perfect. I like that the hotel even has a little store next to the desk that carries essentials you might have forgotten ,snacks and beverages.
Ice machines on every floor. Parking was convenient also. The location of this hotel is nice because it's set back away from the highway but it's close to shopping and restaurants .
The complimentary breakfast was very good and fresh. Much better than most hotels. Also it is impeccably maintained . The breakfast attendant was so sweet and helpful.
I can see why this hotel is rated so highly. The personnel that work there are the nicest most proffecianal staff . This hotel is managed so well that I wish all the hotels I visit we're as welcoming and run with such care. I would recommend it highly. I definitely found a new favorite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were looking for a nice city in the Lake George region since we like to drive around that area but not as crowded as Lake George. We found a nice city an hour away: Rutland. It is the third largest city in Vermont and it has a nice Historic District. As usual with Hampton Inn’s especially the ones in middle size cities, we were very pleased with the reception we got at the hotel. The room was spotless and everything needed was offered. The hotel is situated close to a mall and many restaurants. The breakfast area is spacious and there was plenty of fresh food the next morning. This is not the cheapest Hampton Inn we stayed in but since everything was perfect we will definitely stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

After a not-so-great rental house experience in West Dover, Vermont, we found this Hampton Inn located a short drive away in Rutland. It turned out to be the PERFECT place for our family to stay! The hotel was immaculate! The front desk was extra friendly and helpful, especially the evening crew. Breakfast was good. The amenities were nice. Best of all, was the the hotel's location. The immediate vicinity has a nice grocery store, a Bed, Bath & Beyond, a few places to eat and across the highway was a KMart and a Sears. Additionally, Rutland was a super easy drive to the areas we wanted to visit, like Manchester, VT and The Bromley Sun Mountain Adventure Park in Peru, VT (which is an absolute MUST if you are in the area!) We loved this hotel so much, we added a couple of nights to our stay. Nearby, off the back highway which goes to the Peru area, are several beautiful areas where you can pull off and park and play in the scenic creek beds. It was very relaxing. The only thing the hotel could improve upon was that the laundry room only had 1 washer and 1 dryer (for a 3-floor hotel.) So the night I did some laundry, I had to wait a LONG time, and there were 2 people waiting after me as well.

Room Tip: We had an upper floor room at the back and enjoyed opening the window and getting fresh air without...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Squeaky clean Hampton with very good service behind the desk. I wish I remembered the name of the man who checked us in. I would clone him and send him to all the Hamptons I stay in! He also gave us a stellar dinner recommendation. Breakfast area was perfectly clean and nice too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Biddeford, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stay here at least once a month for a few nights at a time. The staff is always smiling and happy to see me, makes me feel like Im the only customer they have! From needing a late night glass of milk to the spotless bathroom in my room - I won't stay anywhere else in Rutland. Hotel manager goes out of her way for me regularly, and I see her do the same for other customers. Molly, her cocker spaniel, always makes my visit special :) and makes it just a little easier to be away from home.

Room Tip: Have not ever had a bad room. Both sides face parking lots but you can see mountains.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Dropping off my daughter at camp, we needed a convenient stay--this Hampton Inn seemed new: very clean, good size rooms, spacious lounge, good breakfast and convenient to town. This will be my hotel in Rutland from here on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

A great place to stay. Staff went out of the way to make sure our stay was a pleasant. There are some nice restaurants in the area as well as the usual assortment of fast food places. The Hampton Inn also has a hot breakfast every morning which is nice. If you fidn yourself in the Rutland area I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington? Share your experiences!