“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area

You added Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area to your Saves list
Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 US Route 7 South, Rutland, VT 05701 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Rutland - Killington)   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Rutland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stay in Rutland once a year for a family Christmas, alternating betweem the Red Roof, Holiday Inn and Hamptopn Inn depending on price. Since we need 6-10 rooms and have a wide range of ecenomic means, cost is the final selection criteria. The RR is servicable - excellent staff. However you do get what you pay for, which equates to an older facility in need of a major soft and hard renovation. Be prepared to bring an extra pillow or two, since they don't have extra to provide wheb in sell out mode; the bedding is light - if you're like us, you like the room temperature low, and an extra blanket on top. The resulting overall sleep quality isn't great.

We didn't use the free wifi, or have the complimentary breakfast (it smelled great).

Would we stay here again? Yes, depending on price. But I'd toss an extra pillow and blanket in the car.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent comments and suggestions. We take all the comments made serious. I appreciate your sharing what you thought our strengths are and what needs improvement. I am happy to here that we meet some of your needs, and hope you choose to stay with us again !
Rockville Centre, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Sub-par- lots to complain about but can't really complain about the price.
Rooms are small- fridge didn't work- room keys don't work a lot of the time. Breakfast was average- hotel is hold and definitely on the dirty side. Would I stay again? Prob not- I prefer the cleaner things in life even if I have to pay a little more.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent post. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide every customer with the best service. Your feed back is important, and I appreciate you sharing your concerns.
Corning, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was our first trip to Vermont ever, to do some skiing. We chose this place based on reviews we had read, and based on its proximity to Okemo, our ski destination.We were very satisfied with the accommodations--it was clean, there was ample parking, the staff was friendly, and the price was almost a give-away. Besides the price, we were attracted to this place because it allows pets (we like to include our dog in our vacations rather than kennel her). After leaving home late, we arrived in the middle of the night, but were greeted by friendly staff, and made to feel welcome. We were really surprised at the extensive breakfast provided, being that the price was so reasonable. They had make-your-own-waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit, yogurt, bagel, toast & muffins, juice, and coffee. I probably missed something, but we didn't go away hungry. I have to comment on the coffee...I've had some pretty raunchy tasting coffee at other free breakfast buffets, but these folks serve up a great cup of coffee. It didn't taste like "the cheap stuff". I always bring my percolator from home when we travel, just for this reason, but I didn't have to use it here. The owners are doing it right. We'll be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for the fantastic review. I am very happy to see that my staff and I are doing our jobs. I am happy to here that your stay was satisfying. I will be sharing your comments with my staff. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We always enjoy staying at Red Roof Inns when we travel, as we enjoy their Pet Friendly Policy and value for the money. This property appears to have been rather upscale at one point, it had a resort like feel to the room that made it feel like it was a little grander than your typical Red Roof Inn room. The price was one of the higher prices for a Red Roof Inn that we have ever paid, even for a stay during the week. I feel this property is in need of a upgrade or at the very least, a major heavy cleaning. The room was clean overall, but things just looked worn and run down. The cabinet the fridge was housed in was very beat up and stained, that sort of thing. Taking this into consideration, I feel the room was overpriced. I had rather stay in a less grand room that is sparkling clean and in good repair than in a room that has been nice at one time but looks worn out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our Inn. We very much appreciate your feedback and I look forward to sharing your thoughts with my team. At Red Roof Inn, we are always looking at ways to improve in all areas- rates/renovations/service/etc. We hope to see you again!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Drove to Killington Resort for the weekend and this hotel is only 12 miles to the mountain. Absolutely great location at a great price.

Staff at the reception and at the breakfast area were really friendly. I already recommended this to friends.

If you traveling to Killington Mountain and looking for a place to say, stay here without braking your bank!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your great experience with others. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that my staff were able to make your stay pleasant. I am glad the hotel is affordable, in a great location, and not far form great ski areas. I am happy you recomend Red Roof to your friends. We will see you soon on your next ski trip!
Middleboro, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

When we arrived, the person at the front desk was on a personal phone call and stayed on the phone while checking us in, telling us where to park, etc. When dealing with customers, one should probably put her personal business on hold. We booked this hotel specifically for the indoor pool. There were several other options in Rutland that we could’ve chosen for a lot less money, but we wanted a fun weekend away and we LOVE to swim. The pool was VERY disappointing. It was cold!! We tried to swim anyways and after about 15 minutes in the water we realized there’s not getting used to it, it doesn’t get any warmer. We were cold to the bone and had to walk down a ton of FREEZING hallways (do they not heat the hallways?) soaking wet to get back to our room. I will say that our room was very clean and the housekeeping staff were extremely friendly which was the only positive about this hotel. In the morning the continental breakfast was pitiful. There was toast, raisin bran or fruit loops, waffles and cold eggs that appeared to be made from powder. The apples were bruised and the oranges were brown; we did not eat. We are extremely disappointed in this hotel, for the money we paid we were expecting to feel welcome, be able to swim and enjoy a nice breakfast in the morning; this doesn’t seem like too much to ask.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RRI0639, General Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. At Red Roof Inns we strive to provide every customer with superior service, therefore your feedback is very important. I want you to know that we are taking appropriate measures to address the problems that occurred during your stay, to prevent any future occurrence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Been to Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area? Share your experiences!