“Heck yes, Brother!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Rutland, Vermont
“Heck yes, Brother!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

One of the friendliest spots in Vermont. I have never not been greeted like a local, same with everyone and anyone that has crossed their threshold.... soooooo many options for lunch!! Only wish they were open later for dinner. Always a pleasure, Brother!

Visited August 2014

Lignum, VA
“Like coming home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were mixing business and pleasure on a trip from Virginia to New Hampshire (520 miles one way). We stopped for lunch in Rutland, VT, around 3:30pm and stepped into "The Sandwich Shoppe" which was scheduled to close for the day at 4pm. We were warmly greeted by Terry and Martha like we were long lost relatives. I can't put into words how comfortable and "at home" they made us feel - and not a bit rushed considering the late hour. The 4 of us chatted while my husband and I tried to decide what to order from their very extensive menu. Once our choices were made, we continued chatting while Terry and Dave put the sandwiches together. My turkey wrap and my husband's steak, salami, and cheese hot sub were absolutely delicious!! The whole experience was worth every single mile!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Friendly service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went in for breakfast because we needed to have breakfast and because it is #1 in Rutland.

Monday morning at 10:30am ... the place is empty. We are the only customer...found it weird for the #1 restaurant in Rutland because the restaurant right across the street had customer and the little bakery on the corner was full of customer.

Service was good and friendly, very polite and happy guy at the counter, thanked us about 10 times for being his customers ( not annoying at all, he was happy and he made us feel happy ).

As for breakfast sandwich, there is not a large amount of choices....we had one sandwich with egg, cheese and bacon, and the other one was with ham.

Did it taste good ? yes...good, not special or different or excellent. ( personally I find eggs blend if not seasoned with a little salt and pepper )

I liked my sandwich and my girlfriend really liked hers...but I am sorry to say "not #1" food...

Would I go again ? Yes...NOT for breakfast, but I would give them a second chance for lunch.

I do not recommend it for breakfast.

Was my review helpful ? If so, please click the "yes" just bellow !

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rutland, Vermont
“The Place in Downtown Rutland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Whether it is breakfast or lunch, this is the place to be. Service with laughter, smiles and you feel like your a part of their family from the moment you walk in. If you have courage, try the Skyscraper, a monster sandwich that will get you on the Wall of Fame if you can finish it. Custom made sandwiches and an entire wall and then some of menu items. Nice day, sit outside and enjoy the lovely downtown.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stuyvesant, New York
“go there even if not hungry - the owners are worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was passing through Rutland, stopped by Sandwich Shoppe - and it made my trip. The owners of the place are as friendly and fun as people can be … and the food was very good quality. Lots of options too. If I lived in the area, I'd be a regular.

Visited June 2014