“Playhouse Devine” 5 of 5 stars

Killington, Vermont, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Playhouse Devine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The renovators of the theater retained the history of the site while updating to modern conveniences. Then they book some of the best attractions in the country. Not too bad for such a small city.

Visited September 2012

Lake Placid, New York
“Beautiful Theater. Not so good staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Saw Rock Of Ages at the Paramount Theater last night. I have seen this show 15 times now and the ushers at this theater where the least informed I have ever met. One of them could not tell me what time the box office closed that evening. Ever theater has a stage door to meet the actors at after the show. In this case, I was actually supposed to meet one of the actors because he had a package for me. So I started asking ushers were the stage door was located and the four that I asked did not even know the theater had a stage door. I gave up after asking four different ushers. So as soon as the show ended, I just walked through a door that led backstage and was able to find the person I was looking for and go the package. I cannot help but wonder though. What if someone that was not supposed to be back there is able to just walk backstage that easy?

This would not stop me from seeing a show at the Paramount again. Like I said, it is a beautiful theater. I just hope that someone in managment sees this review and goes over this stuff with their staff.

Visited September 2012
VT
12 attraction reviews
“Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Paramount is a gem of a theater, has a varied and interesting line-up of shows, something to please everyone.

Visited August 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Extraordinary show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had the pleasure of seeing Leonard Berstein's MASS at the Paramount Theatre last month. I took my mother, and I think it was her first time in the space. The theater is lovely, polished and clean - a pleasure to be in. There are no bad seats in the house due to its small size. The sound is wonderful, and the seating comfortable. The only complaint I have is that the performance I went to was during Friday Night Live on Center Street, and I could hear the pounding bass from the band playing outside. I'm not sure if everyone noticed because the performance was very riveting. Not sure the answer to that... keep the bands at the other end of the street until any Paramount performances are over? The theater itself is lovely, and I highly recommend you get on their email list as they get some great acts.

Visited June 2012
Binghamton, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Paramount Theatre - What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

What a beautifully restored theatre and what talent Vermont has!! We were lucky enough to see the musical Special Deliveries that was created and performed by Vermonters and what a production it is!! Touchingly real and at times so comic that it brought tears to our eyes. This musical has all the qualities of a Broadway hit! So happy that we’ll be able to say we saw it first at the Paramount Theatre in Rutland….Break a leg Harrison Lebowiz et al.

Visited June 2012