“Stayed 2 nights” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   253 South Main Street, Rt. 4 and Rt. 7, Rutland, VT 05701 (Formerly Ramada Limited of Rutland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Boston, Massachusetts
“Stayed 2 nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

My very first impression was not good, but this was because the hallways have no air conditioning, and the walk to the room was stifling and made me think the entire motel was like this. Not so. Five minutes after I got to the room I realized it was a very nice place, the room was very clean and well taken care of, the indoor heated pool was so nice that I spent two hours there. All in all it was a very nice place and I would highly recommend it, there were quite a few families there, and I had no complaints whatsoever. First impressions, as we all know, can be very very misleading, so be careful. Never judge a room or a motel by the hallway temperature :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Our tour bus arrived at Ramada mid afternoon with a large group of people. The hotel looked pretty good from the outside and we found it nicely kept inside as well. A short time after checking in, we had a knock on our room door and it was housekeeping bringing our room a brand new bedspread right out of the package. Apparently they were placing all new bedspreads in one section of the building that day. That just seemed pretty cool knowing we were the first to use the new bedspread lol.

Most of us used the nice pool which was heated and we hung out there most of the afternoon and evening. Wish we could have stayed longer but the bus was only booked for one night there.

• Stayed September 2010
CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

we needed a room at the last minute,not many in town due to the fair..we stayed in the old part of the hotel seperate from the main building..the place was dirty and very worn. The shower was clean I must say...the balcony had old bed spreads and garbage on it. we payed a hefty price for the room,not worth the money. the front desk person was nice...maybe i am a snob but I like a more upscale place...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Just wanted to say that we liked the hotel and the staff people very much. We were amazed by this followup email we received after our stay last week. We dont find many hotels that care enough to find out how their guests stay was. Thank you for that. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We usually dont have any issues when we stay at a hotel. It's normally just in, go to sleep and leave the next day. However on this, our first trip of the year, we made our reservations at Ramada but somehow when we reviewed them later in the day, we canceled them.

When we arrived at the hotel, we did not have reservations, which was our own fault. With the hotel nearly full, we were fearful we'd be without a room. The management did some magical room juggling and phone calls and got us a room.

Thank you to the people at Ramada for your help in getting our canceled reservation back on a weekend no less.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bolton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

This was my first time staying at a Ramada Limited. I had a room on the second floor and overall the room was pretty nice looking. The first problem I encountered was that the a/c unit didn't really cool. There was barely any airflow coming out of the unit. I contacted the front desk and they sent up a maintence man who took a look and decided that the metal air filter was dirty and blocking the air flow. When he took it out, it looked pretty clean to me ( I work in the heating & A/C supply business so I know he was just trying to pacify me. The airflow was still the same when he left. The room remained rather warm all night. I also noticed that the security lock mechanism had the screws falling out and was making the door hard to close. (I advised the front desk, don't know if they fixed it after I left or not) The walls and or door are pretty thin as I could hear music in one room and people going by talking in the hallway plus lots of traffic noise from outside. Maybe I just had a bad room. If the a/c unit worked I would have rated the place better.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
econoinn, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2010
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory.The issues mentioned in your review have received top priority and now resolved.At the time of your stay the door security lock was under repair.Most A/C 's have ben replaced to new PTAC and we apologise that we were not able to live upto your expectations during this transitionary phase.We hope that you do return back again sometime to see these improvements.

DD/Owner
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

We did have a few issues with our room on the first night but advised the front desk and we were moved to another room.
Some issues we had with the hotel overall have been totally settled to our complete satisfaction.
The two people we encountered at the front desk were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
econoinn, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Dear TA Member,

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review.We will keep on making continuous improvements to our product and service as a result.

DD/Owner

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!