“Red Knights International” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Uxbridge, Canada
“Red Knights International”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Aug 14 to 18, 698 Red Knights [firefighter's motorcycle club members] registered for the annual convention -more than your hotel could handle roomwise, but not in the food department. The barbecue , the banquet and the final breakfast were vey well handled. The food was delicious, amazing quantities, and great variety. A job well done.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear joey35 ,

Thank You for your great review.We agree that a convention as large as The Red Knights, with close to 700 participants, was more than any one hotel could handle roomwise in the Rutland/Killington area.Our entire staff was at your service, we left no stone unturned to perfect our commitment to your club.We were very fortunate to have our facility host your event, and hope to be able to serve you once again when the Red Knights return to New England.

Hotel Guest Relations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Located in a parking lot behind a taco bell (so is the Hampton Inn next door). Nothing special. Service was just ok - a little brusk. Room was fine. The hotel feels a little old and a little cheap. I'm sure there are better options in this nice town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear PelleasPhiladelphia

While we appreciate your review, we regret that our location and service fell short of your expectations.We are aware that there are other lodging options in Rutland and therefore we strive to go over and beyond for your continued business.Please visit us again sometime so that we may exceed your expectation.

Hotel Guest Relations.
Brroklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel was great deal for the price. The staff was very helpful.Our room was very clean and quiet. In addition, our bed was very comfortable Air conditioning worked. Pools were great. I will definitely planning on going back.. The breakfast had good selection. Very Convenient location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear James W

Thank You for taking the time and posting this review.We appreciate your positive feedback.We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was a vendor at an event held in the ball-room. The staff could not have been more helpful to make sure we had all we needed for a successful outcome. Even though I arrived very early to set up, the room was beautifully ready and the staff was almost running when I asked for something I had not previously asked for.
After the event (which was late evening) somehow my car's battery had died and the hotel's owner personally made sure I got a jump start and calmed me letting me know whey would make sure everything would be ok. I live far from Rutland and would have been stranded. Because of their kindness I felt safe knowing all was in good hands.
Weather it's business or pleasure, this Holiday Inn is a place that's one to be noticed in a great way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Valerie M

Thank You for reviewing us and making us feel so very special at what we consider our way of life here at Holiday Inn.It is in our blood to go over and beyond for our guests.Our goal is to welcome each and every guest and shower them with Hospitality so that we can do it time and again.It is comments such as yours that we strive for.We hope to see you again on your return visit.
Thank You for your kind words.

Sincerely

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Arrived...first room damp...stucco peeling from shower ceiling....nose started to clog and eyes burned from air quality....insisted on immediate move. 2nd room.... Air quality only marginally better...window however only locks with 1/2 inch PVC conduit plastic tube wedged in window well. All this for $130.00 a night!

Worst experience I've ever had in a hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Pcva,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very surprised when my room at a rate of $109 was much nicer than my room in Burlington, VT at an upscale hotel which cost me $259, The flat screen was larger and had many more channels including free HBO and Showtime and the bedding was nicer and the beds more comfortable. I booked a 2 day training at the hotel and was astounded by the service that I received. It's my organization's new training location in Rutland and I'm in the process of switching 5 more days of training this month and next to the Holiday Inn. The sales, catering, and front desk staff were exceptional and the sales manger makes mean pitcher of iced coffee light and sweet. I'm staying there again tomorrow and since I loved my room, they reserved it for me. I have mobility issues and the staff thought about my comfort despite me arriving a cranky and frazzled guest. They are currently renovating areas of the hotel. Don't dismiss it. Well worth the money for the staff alone! PS, the catering captain who served us accommodated special food requests with a smile. My trainees enjoyed the food and the staff and were hoping that the catering captain would be working with us again. He was just a joy to work with as was the sales manager and the front desk staff. I'll put up with a less fabulous pool to be treated with such care.

Room Tip: Ground floor room near the conference center and soda machine was amazingly quite so don't be di...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Public places reflect poor housekeeping- hall carpet visibly stained, stairwells dusty, tables in the restaurant sticky. Our room was (thankfully) clean with a comfortable bed. As priority members breakfast was included. The tables around us were never cleared for the time we were there, food which was dropped on the floor stayed there and much of the buffet remained unreplenished. The hostess reminded us that a gratuity was not included but there was no pressure in that regard; there was no individual service either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hivermont, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear TeaLady71

Thank You for reviewing us , We take our guest reviews very seriously and make improvements as a result.Please accept our opologies as we seem to have fallen short of your expectations. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff members so that your return trip is a memorable one.
We are certain to exceed your expectations on your return visit.

Hotel Guest Relation.

Been to Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington? Share your experiences!