“Holiday Inn Rutland Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Burlington, Vermont
“Holiday Inn Rutland Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was a vendor at an event held in the ball-room. The staff could not have been more helpful to make sure we had all we needed for a successful outcome. Even though I arrived very early to set up, the room was beautifully ready and the staff was almost running when I asked for something I had not previously asked for.
After the event (which was late evening) somehow my car's battery had died and the hotel's owner personally made sure I got a jump start and calmed me letting me know whey would make sure everything would be ok. I live far from Rutland and would have been stranded. Because of their kindness I felt safe knowing all was in good hands.
Weather it's business or pleasure, this Holiday Inn is a place that's one to be noticed in a great way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hivermont, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Valerie M

Thank You for reviewing us and making us feel so very special at what we consider our way of life here at Holiday Inn.It is in our blood to go over and beyond for our guests.Our goal is to welcome each and every guest and shower them with Hospitality so that we can do it time and again.It is comments such as yours that we strive for.We hope to see you again on your return visit.
Thank You for your kind words.

Sincerely

Hotel Guest Relation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Arrived...first room damp...stucco peeling from shower ceiling....nose started to clog and eyes burned from air quality....insisted on immediate move. 2nd room.... Air quality only marginally better...window however only locks with 1/2 inch PVC conduit plastic tube wedged in window well. All this for $130.00 a night!

Worst experience I've ever had in a hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Pcva,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very surprised when my room at a rate of $109 was much nicer than my room in Burlington, VT at an upscale hotel which cost me $259, The flat screen was larger and had many more channels including free HBO and Showtime and the bedding was nicer and the beds more comfortable. I booked a 2 day training at the hotel and was astounded by the service that I received. It's my organization's new training location in Rutland and I'm in the process of switching 5 more days of training this month and next to the Holiday Inn. The sales, catering, and front desk staff were exceptional and the sales manger makes mean pitcher of iced coffee light and sweet. I'm staying there again tomorrow and since I loved my room, they reserved it for me. I have mobility issues and the staff thought about my comfort despite me arriving a cranky and frazzled guest. They are currently renovating areas of the hotel. Don't dismiss it. Well worth the money for the staff alone! PS, the catering captain who served us accommodated special food requests with a smile. My trainees enjoyed the food and the staff and were hoping that the catering captain would be working with us again. He was just a joy to work with as was the sales manager and the front desk staff. I'll put up with a less fabulous pool to be treated with such care.

Room Tip: Ground floor room near the conference center and soda machine was amazingly quite so don't be di...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Public places reflect poor housekeeping- hall carpet visibly stained, stairwells dusty, tables in the restaurant sticky. Our room was (thankfully) clean with a comfortable bed. As priority members breakfast was included. The tables around us were never cleared for the time we were there, food which was dropped on the floor stayed there and much of the buffet remained unreplenished. The hostess reminded us that a gratuity was not included but there was no pressure in that regard; there was no individual service either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hivermont, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear TeaLady71

Thank You for reviewing us , We take our guest reviews very seriously and make improvements as a result.Please accept our opologies as we seem to have fallen short of your expectations. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff members so that your return trip is a memorable one.
We are certain to exceed your expectations on your return visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were lucky to get a reservation at the last minute as many hotels were full. When we arrived to an overly hot room and discovered the air conditioner was broken, we were told they were fully booked. Fortunately, the staff did manage to find us another room. Here, the curtains were not as spotted but the hallway rug along the way did suffer from numerous large stains. The beds were clean and comfortable and the hotel has done some renovation. The staff was responsive to problems and polite. When we discovered the microwave was broken, it was replaced (but the new one did not fit the casing, so went on the desk.) A little more attention to cleanliness and detail and this would have been a nicer stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear 4Phoebe,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am very happy that you found the beds clean and comfortable. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ripon, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is an old Holiday Inn. It smells like mold and the carpets seem damp. You have to go through the pool area to get to the main desk from most rooms. The only thing that this hotel has going for it is a great breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 123Katew

We appreciate your review.While we enjoy a series of great comments we have failed to meet your expectation.Currently we are under renovations and i am sure we will exceed your expectations on your return visit.

Montpelier, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and the service was very good. The hotel is convenient to a lot of outside interests and the rooms are well kept up. I would recommend this location if you are staying in the Rutland Area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are more quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Craig G,

Thank You for taking the time and posting this review.We appreciate your such kind words about our facility.Please visit us again sometime and give us another opportunity to serve your needs.

Hotel Guest Relation.

Been to Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington? Share your experiences!