At check-in on a Saturday night, was greated by a security guard. Initially, did not know if that was a good thing (i.e., a very security orientated hotel) or a sign that the hotel had problems. Much to my regret I learned that there were security problems. Hotel was overrun by unruly teenagers and others, and guard did not bother to check hallways. There were a lot of noisy parties going on throughout the hotel. When I mentioned this to the front desk at checkout, the woman at the desk said that they had received a lot of complaints! (However, she did not indicate that the hotel was doing anything to remedy the situation.
Also, the hallways smelled of smoke and weed. A bunch of the "guests" were gathered in the back of the hotel smoking up. And the back door entrance way to hotel was propped open so that anyone could enter the hallways. I travel alot, including to larger cities and more economically depressed areas; thus, I found it ironic that I was more concerned about security here at a ski area than in my other travels.
Room was nice; good, comfortable bed, but housekeeping left something to be desired:
1. Dead bug on the lampshade on the desk.
2. One of the lamps by the bed did not work
3. Carpets needed a better cleaning
There was a large pool and two hot tubs, but I was so skeeved out about the "guests" wandering the hallways that I was afraid to venture out of my room. Several times someone pounded at more door at night, and there were sounds all night in the hallways.
My recommendation would be to look at another hotel until security is improved here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington Hotel. Ideally situated on Route 7 in Rutland, Vermont, minutes from downtown, the Holiday Inn affords you the convenience of a short drive to Vermont's most popular attractions such as ski areas Killington, Pico and Okemo, Manchester Center, Adams Farm, Vermont Marble Exhibit, New England Maple Museum, and historic villages like Rutland, Woodstock and Weston, just to name a few. If you are planning a meeting, wedding, motor coach tour, reunion or other gathering, the Conference Center is perfect for groups from 20 to 400. Our hotel banquet and catering staff's outstanding service & attention to detail, makes us a favorite in the Rutland area. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, Paynter's Restaurant offers an extensive menu for any appetite in a casual atmosphere where Kids Eat Free. Centre Stage Lounge serves a variety of fare and boasts 5 TV's so your are guaranteed not to miss a sports game. When you're away from home, you can continue your exercise regime in the Rutland hotel s Fitness Club, complete with Paramount equipment. Unwind in our indoor heated pool, two whirlpools and sauna and enjoy poolside refreshments and light dining or relax by the fireplace in the hotel lobby and take advantage of our complimentary high-speed wireless internet or business center. Businesses near the hotel: GE, OMYA, STO Corp, Carris Reels, Casella, Kalow Technologies, Killington, Okemo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington Hotel Rutland
- Rutland Holiday Inn