We are in the 3rd week of our stay here and everything has worked out extremely well. Some notable details about the hotel that I haven’t read in other reviews: it has a nice courtyard with direct access to the pool area (open until 11 pm everyday). The best rooms are ones that face the courtyard (these rooms have two doors, one to the hall way and the other to the courtyard). Rooms facing the courtyard are the even numbered rooms from 114 to 126 and 142 to 156. The courtyard is very well kept and has enough space to play Frisbee. The trees make it look quite pretty. We almost always had the courtyard to ourselves especially during weekdays. Clearly, other families make this Holiday Inn their weekend getaway because at least several families have stayed and booked adjacent rooms in the courtyard (some rooms are linked with a door). All rooms have a microwave, fridge, internet, and power bar for extra power outlets.
Having stayed here this long, we know many of the staff from the front desk to maintenance staff and room cleaning staff. Out of the 8 to 10 staff we recognize, we know a number of them by first name. They are all really nice native Vermonters; we haven’t met a single grouch.
They have on-site laundry (available 24hrs a day) and when the clothes dryer was out of service, they dried our laundry free of charge using their machines. They were also very accommodative by allowing me to park my motorcycle next to our car at the front of the hotel which is a highly visible area. They made a note of this at the front desk so all staff was aware that they had OK’d the parking spot.
Check roomsaver.com for the holiday Inn discount coupon (or go to the entrance way of Denny’s for the room saver coupon book). This saved us a lot of money especially when you add the savings over the course of our stay. To add to my own disbelief of how well this stay has worked out, we joined the Holiday Inn Priority Club and we received the breakfast buffet free everyday of our stay (scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausages, fruit, activia yogurt, 6 different types of cereal).
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington Hotel
- Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington Hotel Rutland
- Holiday Inn Rutland
- Rutland Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington Hotel. Ideally situated on Route 7 in Rutland, Vermont, minutes from downtown, the Holiday Inn affords you the convenience of a short drive to Vermont's most popular attractions such as ski areas Killington, Pico and Okemo, Manchester Center, Adams Farm, Vermont Marble Exhibit, New England Maple Museum, and historic villages like Rutland, Woodstock and Weston, just to name a few. If you are planning a meeting, wedding, motor coach tour, reunion or other gathering, the Conference Center is perfect for groups from 20 to 400. Our hotel banquet and catering staff's outstanding service & attention to detail, makes us a favorite in the Rutland area. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, Paynter's Restaurant offers an extensive menu for any appetite in a casual atmosphere where Kids Eat Free. Centre Stage Lounge serves a variety of fare and boasts 5 TV's so your are guaranteed not to miss a sports game. When you're away from home, you can continue your exercise regime in the Rutland hotel s Fitness Club, complete with Paramount equipment. Unwind in our indoor heated pool, two whirlpools and sauna and enjoy poolside refreshments and light dining or relax by the fireplace in the hotel lobby and take advantage of our complimentary high-speed wireless internet or business center. Businesses near the hotel: GE, OMYA, STO Corp, Carris Reels, Casella, Kalow Technologies, Killington, Okemo ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.