“Wonderful old fashion store!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Rockingham
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
Mahopac, NY
17 attraction reviews
“Wonderful old fashion store!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

8 years ago we were in Vermont and stopped here, going back we knew we couldn't miss it! A fantastic store to wander around in for and hour or 2! Lots of free tastings, and a lot of fun old-time things I never even knew they still made! The old punching bag "Bozo the clown", "Roc 'em sock 'em robots" tons of things that will give you a blast from your past and a chuckle or 2! The only downside was their prices, this is a tourist trap of sorts. We bought 2 jars of dip for $10.50 each and found the same dips in other stores that were $6!! Even though, when we go back to Vermont this will still be a stop on our list!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Walmart of Vermont Souvenirs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you're in southern Vermont outside of Rockingham you definately need to drop in on this place, they sell everything Vermont from maple syrup, to cheese . If you need a one stop shop to get all of your souvenir shopping done,k this is the place.

Ansonia, CT
13 attraction reviews
“Can't afford this place anymore , tourist ripoff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I've be coming here for a number of years now and this year was the first time I left the store without buying a thing! It's just becoming way too expensive!!!!!!! I don't mind paying a few dollars more for things but I don't like being ripped off either. I really appreciate all of the free samples they offer but I'm afraid this place is way over my head now. Up in the clearance area they had a bottle of the Wheat Germ Oil and Honey shampoo from the 70's that I used to buy but they wanted around $10.00 on clearance and last year it was up there too. I think it's time to at least cut that price in half. It's fun going here but I'll just be looking from now on and leave my wallet in my pocket.

Visited October 2013
Deane T, Manager at Vermont Country Store, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you javaandjazz. We appreciate your feedback and are reviewing our pricing strategy in our Yankee Bargains department and are implementing new processes for our markdowns and will continually be updating our assortment. I am happy that you are still finding it fun to come to our store, and look forward to your next visit where we will have these changes in place. See you soon! Deane
Richmond, Vermont, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Blast From the Past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Vermont Country Store is a wonderful place to visit located in the countryside of beautiful Rockingham Vermont. An exciting place to visit for young and old, this store is filled with toys, candy, household products, clothing, and other hard to find items from the past as well as modern practical items. I go out of my way to visit this store whenever I am in the area. My husband hates to shop but I finally convinced him to come with me to the Vermont Country Store. I could hardly pull him away from there once we arrived. We ice cream outside the store and inside he found hundreds of toys and games that he remembered from his childhood. This store carries cheeses, jams, and condiments too. I found my "Tab" soda in the cooler and husband found his favorite; "Swedish Fish", the good kind. It was a fun day, the store is huge with two floors and two buildings full of stuff. They even have ans old fashion drug store section where you will find forgotten fragrances, essential oils, and remedies. It is truly worth the visit however, you can visit them on-line. Happy travels!

Visited July 2013
Rhode Island, USA
15 attraction reviews
“Fun for all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

As much as you've loved the Vermont Country Store's hokey catalogs, you'll love the stores that much more. Come hungry; you can sample fudge, candies, crackers, dips, and real Vermont cheddar cheeses. Browse the shelves of clothing, household goods, vintage toys, and stuff you didn't even know you needed but can't live without. Something for everyone here!

Visited July 2013