“The NEW Parker House!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parker House Inn and Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quechee
Parker House Inn and Restaurant
You added Parker House Inn and Restaurant to your Saves list
1792 Quechee Main Street, Quechee, Hartford, VT 05059   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Quechee B&B and Inns
Woodstock, Vermont
“The NEW Parker House!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I have eaten in the restaurant many times. The food, atmosphere and service are universally fantastic, and we love lingering at the bar and meeting the interesting guests who visit the inn. After our last visit, Adam gave us a tour of the newly renovated guest rooms and we were blown away by what they've done! It's now more of a boutique hotel in a charming country inn setting. All the rooms have unique designs, great amenities and delightful country touches. Bravo!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here for one night while at a wedding in the area. They have just renovated and the palce is really lovely, more like a boutique hotel than what you often associate with a New England B&B. Check-in was easy and quick. We stayed in the Woodstock room which was huge. Breakfast was very nice overlooking the river. I would highly reccomend even for people who don't traditionally like B&Bs. Its a very professional operation, but can still have you feeling at home.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
VTChef, Owner at Parker House Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the renovated Inn and your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Inn again soon. Sincerely, Adam, Alexandra La Noue-Adler and Family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

After a lovely stay at the Parker House this past weekend, I'm even more enthusiastic about encouraging my friends and family to experience the Inn.

Following substantial renovations to the dining rooms, bar and guest rooms, the inn has a fresh, new vibe and a more contemporary, luxurious feel with a cheeky mix of antique furniture and modern touches (cow pillows!). It's clear that Adam and Alex put a lot of thought into the changes.

We loved the newly painted and decorated bar area, and Adam's repartee is as witty as his cocktails are potent. We're infrequent repeat guests, and when we arrived - as always - we're treated like family, and we left with a smile on our face.

I highly recommend The Parker House for those seeking hip sophistication and warm hospitality in southern Vermont!

Room Tip: I've stayed in many of the rooms. Would be hard pressed to say that one is better than another!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Parker House Inn for one night on our recent leaf peeping tour of New England and had a really good time.

OK the owner (Adam) is English and a big music and football fan so I might be biased but overall we couldn't fault the level of service and quality of the Inn, we also met his lovely wife and children so it's a real family concern - and all the better for it.

Room was huge with a great double bed, very old fashioned but it suited the building, no TV but no problem for us, think shabby chic and you get the picture. The bar and dining room is very French as is his wife and this is reflected in the food as well as the decor. We had actually already booked to eat in the Simon Pearce restaurant which is next door but I must admit once I had seen it, it looked a bit pretentious and clinical, I therefore cancelled and we ate at the Parker House and I'm so glad we did.
I can't understand the reviewer who made the sarky comments regarding English food - I get the impression they were trying to imply English food was always bad, but to me English food is like American food, when it's good it's excellent and when it's bad it's awful - thankfully the Parker House fits into French Bistro/English gastropub cuisine - I had one of the best racks of lamb I've ever tasted at the Parker House and coming from near Wales which has the best lamb in the world, that is quite a statement.
Adam's hospitality also ran to introducing me to Gosling's dark rum - I polished off half a bottle as we sat in the bar discussing English football and music, so OK perhaps I am biased but what the hell, us Limeys have got to stick together.
Enjoy your stay - we certainly did.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hull, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Like every B&B at which we've stayed, when we were making our reservations everything seemed to indicate the rooms were almost sold out, while the actual occupancy rate was about 1/3 full when we spent the night. I would think that a free upgrade in cases like this might tempt people to return. The room was large enough, though some of the peripheral furniture was pretty shabby. There were no room darkening shades for privacy, and the windows in the room were screwed closed. I though that a bit weird as a safety issue. There was dust on the furniture. The appearance of some sort of commercial vehicle in the dark hours of early morning woke me with its back-up alarm. The shower was tiny, and the bathroom sink also miniscule. There was nowhere for my wife to place her 'kit'. The bed was comfortable. The restaurant offerings were overpriced.. My wife had the Lobster Risotto, which was also to have included some shrimp... barely any lobster or shrimp. By the way, the prices on lobster are very low right now and have ben for a while, so there's no excuse to not offer up a fair amount. I had the double lamb chops which were done to perfection.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

My daughter's Vermont wedding had to be replanned due to the damage hurricane Irene caused. We found the Parker House and from the moment we walked through the door we knew everything would be alright. The Inn is charming with a staff that is talented, generous and welcoming. If you are hungry, they will serve you a delicious feast, thirsty, offer you something you've never tried, but will now become your new favorite. Every request we made was delivered immediatly with a smile and question if there was anything else they could do. The entire time we were at the Parker House they made us feel like our stay was their priority, and judging by the smiles on the other guest faces they made them feel the same way. I cannot wait to get back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011 via mobile

I booked the inn because of it's location as we were hot air ballooning on Saturday. When we arrived Friday night Adam, one of the owners, greeted us and showed us to our room and he was very friendly.

We had dinner out on the porch and the food was very good. We Ended up in the bar after dinner and had a wonderful time talking to the "regulars" who come here weekly. Everyone was so friendly from the staff to the customers. Definitely have Adam make you one of his signature drinks!

Our room was very large and comfortable, the only issue was that the bathroom door would not stay closed.

I am a "picky" traveler and would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Parker House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!