“"Where Everyone Knows Your Name"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Clearwater Pond

You added Inn at Clearwater Pond to your Saves list
Inn at Clearwater Pond
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   984 Quechee-Hartland Road, Quechee, Hartford, VT 05059   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Quechee B&B and Inns
Worcester, Massachusetts
“"Where Everyone Knows Your Name"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to my fair share of B&B's. One of the things that is fairly consistent is that even when people chit chat over breakfast and greet each other throughout the day, there is rarely any significant interaction. Not so the weekend we visited the Inn at Clearwater Pond. The place was not full, but it had several guests. Breakfast is served at 9:00, not anytime you feel like getting up and browsing a buffet table. So, everyone gathered and talked while breakfast was being rolled out. And I would characterize both mornings we stayed there as being a real exchange of experiences, not just passing the time until breakfast is over.

The rooms were terrific with big, poofy beds and lots pf space. The food was magnificent, but hardly "standard fare", including fresh fruit and interesting and tasty "entree". Plenty of coffee.

Tina, the innkeeper is a gem. She will share her information about local eateries and attractions. She was sensitive to our time constraints and told us about a back way to a hiking destination that cut a lot of time off the full trip.

Quechee is a lovely location too. We are from neighboring Massachusetts, so we were somewhat familiar with the area. Newbies won;t have any trouble getting around or finding things.

I recommend the balloon rides from Balloons over New England. Quechee Gorge is not the Grand Canyon, but it is still pretty cool and a nice walk. Free too. We met a delightful family from the mid-west at the bottom and had a lot to talk about.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Great, great title for your review. I love it! Breakfast time always finds me busy in the kitchen with little time to chat with my guests. It was nice to read that you enjoyed your breakfast conversations with other guests. That's part of the fun and experience of staying at a bed and breakfast. Old pro's (and I don't mean age-wise) have learned to "go with the flow" and relish any adventure or experience that comes their way. Each innkeeper has their own way of hosting guests. A guest who expects every B&B to operate the same, will probably be disappointed at some time or another. But those guests who walk through the front door, are happy and relaxed and are looking forward to a new travel experience, often have the best time. Both of you sure fit that category! Hope to see you again soon here in Quechee and thank you for taking the time to write your review. Glad you had a great get-away.

8/14/13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I wanted a short long weekend getaway. This Inn did not disappoint. Tina is so warm and welcoming and the Inn and the grounds are beautiful! We stayed in Christina's Cottage and it was perfect. It is a separate cottage on the grounds. The Inn is in a perfect location for day trips : Woodstock, Killington, Sugarbush etc.
Tina has a wonderful knack for decorating, and she has created a beautiful country inn !!
Tina , the Inn Keeper, is full of wonderful suggestions and helpful hints about making the most of your getaway. Her breakfasts were also delicious. My husband and I are gluten free, so the morning Tina makes a delicious french toast casserole, she so kindly made one with gluten free bread so we could enjoy as well!
We are definitely going back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello to my new friends from Greenwich, CT! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay here in Quechee and thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review. My readers will enjoy reading about your B&B experience. You are a fun and happy couple and seem to enjoy life very much. I enjoyed our conversations and look forward to your return visit. Hope you're enjoying the "Dear Stinky John"!

8/14/13
Hudson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful "birthday weekend" at this lovely Bed and Breakfast. Our Hostess, Tina, was warm, friendly and very helpful with her sightseeing and dining suggestions. The breakfasts were "to die for". The grounds are beautiful, very conducive to relaxing and the location is perfect.

One especially nice and thoughtful touch is the "second" refrigerator/freezer in the kitchen for the guests to use.

We will definitely return again.

Jane and Bill

Room Tip: Be sure to visit Woodstock and eat at the Prince and the Pauper. Also visit Simon Pearce Glass Facto...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi Jane and Bill and thank you for your kind and complimentary words. Online reviews are always appreciated and they seem to help future guests decide which B&B or other lodging would work best for them. As an innkeeper, I could go on and on about how great my inn is, but travelers need to hear this from former guests; so, again, thank you for letting my readers know that you enjoyed this "fabulous weekend spot". It was a pleasure to hostess you in my B&B and I look forward to your return visit.

Greenville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Inn is very quiet with a beautiful view. Tina was a very gracious host, very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Her Inn is beautifully decorated, and centrally located between Hanover (home of Dartmouth), Norwich (try the Wee Heavy at the Norwich Inn & visit King Arthur Flour Company), and Woodstock (lots to see there.) Antique lovers will love Quechee too, with a huge antiques "mall", and several other shops, including Cabot cheese. Take a hike along the Quechee Gorge, or visit the Sugarbush Farm (sample their on-site made cheeses & syrup!)

Room Tip: We had a smaller room with a queen-sized bed, but since we were out for most of the time we were the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi Kris and Fred and thank you so much for your complimentary review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and it was so much fun getting to know you. Reminiscing about our common interests and memories of Wappinger's Falls and Fishkill Plains was especially enjoyable. Hope you had a nice drive home and enjoyed your visit to the Vermont Country Store in Weston. Please return soon!

Woodstock, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

That's what this Inn should be called " Completely Perfect ". From beginning until the end of our visit we were treated " completely perfect. "
Total luxury, beautiful accommodations , and the grounds breathtaking.
The innkeeper was warm and charming and very helpful with all of our extras. Such as finding the perfect restaurant or activity. This Inn has it all. An adorable little gift shop also.
That's why I have to remark on the last review, which is somewhat shocking, given that our stay was all and more than we expected.
I have a feeling that " pat m " is reviewing the wrong Inn. He or she should make sure they have the right establishment before writing something so very opposite of what we experienced.
We loved everything about our visit and would certainly return to Inn at Clearwater Pond.

Room Tip: Check with Innkeeper she will help you decide which room would best suit you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hi LouAnn! It was nice to hear from you. I'm pleased you and your friends enjoyed your New Year's celebration with us. What a happy and fun group you were. Even though I was working, I do believe I had as much fun as all of you. You've already booked for next year so now I'm able to look forward to your return visit. Give my best to everyone and enjoy the upcoming spring and summer. Again, thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review! I appreciate it very much.

Hunt Valley, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Place was pretty and quiet. Did not get a warm feeling from the woman running the place. She just seemed off and harsh. Had a good time in the surrounding area, there are pretty rivers and some good places to hike. I would go back to the area but stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Pat M. - I believe you have my inn confused with a different one, as I have no record of your stay. To describe me as "off and harsh" and that you "did not get a warm feeling" is certainly not characteristic of my personality and certainly not the way I treat my guests. Every guest that walks through my doorway is treated with the utmost kindness, respect and extreme warmth. I have no idea where you stayed and it saddens me that you wrote this review.
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Everything was perfect. Exceptionally clean, great location, breakfasts to die for, beautiful inside and outside, we couldn't have asked for more. If the picutes on the web site are your style of accommodations then this is your place. The owner is as warm and pleasant a person as I have ever met. She helped us plan the entire weekend and every suggestion was spot on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind and very complimentary review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your drive home, visiting the Vermont Country Store and Grafton. I'm looking forward to your return.

Tina

Been to Inn at Clearwater Pond? Share your experiences!