“Perfect getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Clearwater Pond

You added Inn at Clearwater Pond to your Saves list
Inn at Clearwater Pond
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   984 Quechee-Hartland Road, Quechee, Hartford, VT 05059   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Quechee B&B and Inns
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“Perfect getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I wanted to surprise my wife with a getaway after the past few stressful months we had. We both love the Woodstock VT area, so I was looking for a bed and breakfast that suited our needs. I wanted a very private and scenic B&B so we could unwind and recuperate. So many bed and breakfasts seem overdone to me, but the Inn at Clearwater Pond was simply beautiful. The owner Tina was amazing. The weather was horrible on our trip up, so she called to make sure we were ok and wanted to make sure we were going to arrive safely. After 6 ½ hours of driving in a horrible snow storm, we arrived. We were showed to Christina’s Cottage, and then given our space. It was perfect, and exactly what I was hoping for to help us relax. The room was simple, yet luxurious and beautiful. We wanted to move in and not leave! The bathroom was enormous, and had the claw-foot tub my wife loves. The next morning, Tina made us a delicious breakfast that we are still talking about. She felt like an old friend. She was a great host! Tina even booked a massage for my wife and made us dinner reservations. We can not stop thinking about returning. The cottage was everything we needed. A beautiful retreat… VT is stunning, the Inn was perfect, and Tina is a beautiful person and a wonderful host. I have already told all my friends about the Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I remember that snow storm and how tired you were when you arrived. But your eyes lit up when you walked into the Cottage. I'm happy you enjoyed the Cottage and by the time you checked out, you both seemed and looked much more relaxed. That's what my business is all about - making people feel comfortable, relaxed and happy. Thank you for letting me know you had such a nice time. Please return soon............

Tina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

This is our second stay at this Inn, and both times we had a lovely time. We have family in the area, and have stayed at many different places. This is everyone's favorite. The house is gorgeous, and the setting beautiful. We all slept well, and had a great meal. The inn keeper Tina makes a real effort to personalize her service, and meet all your needs without being overbearing. I look forward to our next stay already.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Although a bit late in responding to your complimentary review, thank you! And I hope you and your family will return soon -
New Haven, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Quechee and Woodstock, VT is a beautiful area of VT where one can get away for the weekend. There's easy access to 3 of my favorite activites like Hiking, biking, and eating. The Inn at Clearwater Pond was the perfect place to stay. It is a bed and breakfast in a beautiful house that is on acreage with horses and a swimming pond. The rooms are great, tina had delicious breakfast for us every morning, and it is in close proximity to downtown Woodstock. Being dog friendly was a great plus for our Rosie. I would defnitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review and I hope you and Rosie will return again soon - your business is always much appreciated -
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Tina, the owner/operator of the Inn is a gracious host. She is extremely helpful and informative. The Lila Marin room was warm and inviting. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and spacious! There was also a sitting area for reading or watching TV. The Inn is in a perfect location. It is right down the street from the Quechee Gorge and where the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival is held. There are many places to grab a bite to eat or for fine dining. If you choose to venture further- within an hours drive in different directions, you can experience much of the beautiful state of Vermont: watefalls, swimming holes, country stores, working farms, hiking, etc.
The Inn at Clearwater Pond is a beautiful place to go even if you choose not to venture very far you can enjoy the beauty and serenity the grounds have to offer. Tina is a very special person who welcomes you with grace and charm.
When the arcade/game room is completed the Inn will have even more to offer for a fun night "in" at the Inn. There is also a fitness room in the making for vacationers who like to get in their workout while away.
I was abit dissappointed that the pond was not available while we were there.
I would suggest a coffeemaker with a timer for coffee before 8 a.m. for those who rise early and enjoy coffee on the porch to watch the morning begin:)
Maybe more comfy chairs in the sitting area as well - although the ottomans were nice to put your feet up after a long day:)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi Jill and George and although a bit late in responding to your great view, thank you! I hope all is well and would love to see both of you back here at the Inn, as it's been a few years. Just wanted you to know that your suggestions were taken - the pond is all repaired, the game room/arcade looking good, early morning coffee comes on at 7 a.m. (sometimes earlier) and there are more comfortable chairs in the Lila Marin Suite, and both with ottomans now. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Middlebury, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Anyone who has vacationed in Vermont knows that the state’s innkeepers go the extra mile to make things easier for their guests. I’ve recently seen first-hand how that is sometimes literally true.

Over Memorial Day weekend, a friend and I ventured down to Quechee, where we stayed at the Inn at Clearwater Pond. When it came time to drive home on Sunday, however, my car keys were nowhere to be found. Our bags were packed, we were all dressed up and we had somewhere to go – but without the keys we could go nowhere.

We searched our luggage a half-dozen times, to no avail. Innkeeper Tina DeLuca joined the search. Still no keys. We had a garage service open the locked car, shaking our heads at how easy it was to break into the car. But as expected, the keys weren’t locked in the car, either.

After a couple hours of this, I began trying to reach friends back home to see if, with $50 and a bit of pleading, I could persuade someone to get the spare car key from my residence and drive it down to us.

About that time, innkeeper Tina DeLuca appeared with handbag and her truck keys in hands, and announced that she was driving us back home herself -- an hour and a half over the mountains. It was a great kindness and we greatly appreciated it.

Going the extra mile, indeed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi Greg - I clearly remember your ordeal and was happy to help out.

Tina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

The Inn at Clearwater Pond is a fantastic place to stay. It is tucked away from the more touristy areas, but it is just close enough to all of the Quechee and Woodstock attractions (hiking, biking, the Simon Pearce restaurant and factory, the Long Trail brewery, etc.). The innkeeper, Tina, is lovely and serves fabulous breakfasts! The rooms are luxurious and romantic, and a two-night stay did not seem long enough to take full advantage of everything that the inn has to offer! I heard about this inn by reading on-line reviews, and I am glad that I trusted the reviews enough to book a stay here - I hope that readers trust my review as well, I would strongly recommend this inn to everyone!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi Jennifer and thank you for your kind review. I'm happy I was able to offer you a free upgrade to the Skylar Rose Suite and that you enjoyed the Inn so much. Hope all is going well and hope you'll consider a return visit in the near future -
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed in "Christina's Cottage" beside the house and were happy to sleep on a large luxurious bed, under a high wooden ceiling, with a spacious bathroom and furnace to keep warm. I thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry-rhubarb stuffed french toast and hot tea for breakfast prepared one of the mornings we stayed there. The house itself is beautiful - I imagine the summertime would be a great time to visit this bed and breakfast, as it has a large backyard with a great view and wrap around porch.
Very close to Quechee's attractions like Simon Pearce and the Quechee Club, we found it a nice distance away from our activities. It is also ten minutes away from the town of Woodstock.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
innatclearwaterpond, Owner at Inn at Clearwater Pond, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Dear Former Guests - I appreciate your review; however I have no idea who you are. No one from New York has stayed in Christina's Cottage since 2009. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this review but seeing that this was the first time the Inn received less than a 4-star rating, I'm a bit intrigued. You appear to have enjoyed the Cottage but then you claim that the Inn was a distance away from your activities. What activities? I can't think of any local activity that would be more than 15-20 minutes from here, unless you are referring to Killington (Vermont's largest ski mountain). Just curious who you are and why you wrote this review.

Been to Inn at Clearwater Pond? Share your experiences!