“Nice litte place,Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Quechee
Cuisines: American
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Nice litte place,Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stopped there not looking for anything special, it was getting late and we were hungry! We sat out on the patio, ordered a drink & food, and when my "shrimp alfredo" arrived I thought I was going to die!! It was the size of a platter...and my husband ordered clam cakes, he said they were "homemade"!! If you looking for good homemade food, live entertainment on Fri & Sat. night, nothing fancy just a good ole place to get a hot homemade meal, cold beer and just be yourself! The Shepard's Pie is it! We also plan a day trip, to the george, and eat there!!
The staff is very low keyed, fun going, down to earth people, that enjoy their job~

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Arnold, Maryland
“A gem for what it is.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

As people who value food and like a good meal in a fine restaurant, we did not necessarily expect much from this basic dinner joint in Quechee. However, I was extremely impressed with the competent, jovial service, the absolute fresh vegetables and meats, and the positive and wholesome atmosphere which greeted us immediately upon our entry. My daughter ordered standard kid fare (chicken fingers) and I was delighted to see that they resembled more of what I attempt to cook than the usual deep-fried horrors normally encountered. Clearly homemade care was put into everything on the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant for a casual meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southborough, Massachusetts
“Good restaurant, reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

It was a good restaurant with reasonable prices. The Shephards pie was good (I wanted to try real Shephards pie for the first time in my life). The other food was also good.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
quechee
“Be careful with your food choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011 via mobile

We had high hopes but were very dissapointed. I would not go there again. The food was terrible. Some of it was undercooked and some overcooked. We were under the impression that the food was homemade but the items I asked about were apparently not.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tijuana, Mexico
“The name is the game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Stopped by the Gift Shop at the Quichee Gorge and one of the locals recommended this restaurant. Excellent choice for lunch, but the dinner menu looked great, too.. Our servers were friendly and fun. The food was great. We had the shepherd's pie and it was incredible---worth naming the restaurant after it. Also had the pesto parmesan pasta with garlic spinach that was just as amazing. Nice comfortable atmosphere. Great dining experience.