“Great store, disappointing breads” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Bakery
Albuquerque
“Great store, disappointing breads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am an avid baker and looked forward to visiting King Arthur's. The store did not disappoint but the bakery let me down. I like bakeries where you can sample several breads -- such as at Bread & Cie in San Diego where you can order "bread" as a menu item and you get a huge pile of three kinds of breads. (Or even Beyond Bread in Tucson where they have samples of odd pieces -- with butter -- for you to sample.) At King Arthur's I was told the only way to sample bread was to order toast and not have it toasted. The two kinds of breads I had were small -- like a serving of toast as a side dish -- and quite light and not glutinous, qualities I am not looking for in breads. It may be that I did not figure out how to order what I wanted but I was disappointed. The coffee was good and so was the pastry my partner got so the visit was quite successful EXCEPT FOR BREAD. The price was fairly high for self-service but not out of line.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mahopac, NY
“Great baking store!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

If your a baker or just like to bake like my wife does then this is the place for you!! Classes on baking, a café, everything you might need. The prices were a bit on the high side but you get what you pay for! We had to go back a 2nd time ti make sure we got everything the wife wanted!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful bakery, cafe and shop... A joy to behold!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We found this while on holiday in Vermont and loved it so much we called on three occasions. The coffee and cakes/ pastries were excellent and the chance to watch the bakers was very enjoyable. The shop is a wonder and probably the main reason we are tasking our full luggage allowance home!!

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Tasty snacks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Beautiful facility, great baking supply shop, and oh my, the pastries. Bacon, cheddar & chive scones, sticky buns, blueberry danish, maple latte... delicious! I wish I'd tried some of the other food as well, and would definitely stop here again if I was passing through the area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Maine
“the best Crème brûlée - period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

A great place to get lunch or pastries for the rest of your trip. They also have pizza which I didn't try, but it looked and smelled great.

Visited September 2013