“Misleading, insulting and bizarre” 1 of 5 stars

802 649-3939
Improve this listing
Activities: Ice skating
Redmond, Oregon
“Misleading, insulting and bizarre”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The owner of the shop is a freak. Nervous aggresive and wild eyed. Looked and acted like he was on something. Was angry all the time I was there and completely mislead me in an attempt to get me to buy what he was selling. I would recommend avoiding this business. So does the BBB.

Visited December 2013

Colchester, Vermont
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Yes they sent me the wrong bindings on the skates. Had to return at my cost. Calling and explaining seems to get you know where. I was told that because I live in VT I would get a shipping deal. When they made a mistake they told me I got a deal on shipping so I would have to pay to return due the their mistake. Never sent the skate guards in the 2nd package. They don't understand customer service......

Visited December 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Very poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

If you visit this store, be aware that the prices have nothing to do with the various prices on the website. The website is home-made and so disorganized and poorly designed that it's probably impossible to keep it up to date.

The owner does not want the customers to touch any of the merchandise, and he gets very agitated about it. He also is unwilling to identify some of his merchandise by brand name and country of origin. He calls things by names like "standard" model and "elite" model, but avoids simple descriptions like brand and model.

His advice can be a complete contradiction of what he said two minutes ago. This is the exact product for your needs, and then, it's completely wrong for you and you shouldn't consider it. For the same product. He did not return repeated calls about some boots he said he would order for me. Eventually, after 8 unanswered phone calls and emails, I gave up I bought them elsewhere.

It's really weird talking to him; because he's very nervous and high-strung, and a bit wild-eyed. All in all, a waste of my time, and a person who was very unpleasant to talk to. A very bizarre and disturbing experience. A three-letter business bureau rates them with an F.

Visited January 2013
Saint-Jean-de-Matha, Canada
“What you should know before buying.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

You plan to buy at nordicskater...? Then here's what you should know before clicking on the «buy» icon:
1) employees are awesome and really helping you to find what you need. They will not put pressure on you and give you all the information you ask with all their knowledge and professionalism.
2) shipping was fine in my experience; fast and reasonably priced.
3) as long as your order respond to your demand and need no aftersale service everything is right. So far you're a happy customer, but... if something is wrong.
4) that's where the experience turns to a nightmare!
5) the great employees can't help you anymore because service request are responded (or not) by the owner. This means that he simply does not respond to you at all !! E-mail or phone, it's a dead-end ! Even if the company's rep is behind you! Will I buy again from nordicskater ? NEVER, and I will make sure as few people as possible do.
I'm sorry for the employees, it must be hard to work for someone who hides behind his employees.

Visited September 2013
Dover, NH
“Great, knowledgeable service, and NO pressure sales.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I found Nordic Skater online looking for a specific brand of skate ski boots. Quick response to my email inquiry, a friendly, reassuring phone call, and it was well worth my while to drive two hours from Seacoast New Hampshire. Sales staff were knowledgeable, respectful of my ideas, but offered several alternatives and demonstrated very clearly the pros and cons of each choice. Most important, though, I got home with boots that I am very happy with--and nothing else! Yes, I know where to go (Nordic Skater) if I need to upgrade my skis, but now I know what to do to turn up the skis I have and use them with the new boots, before investing more. The same with a hot wax kit - yes, it may be the thing to do, but check out a professional tune up first. It frankly would have been too easy to talk me into more purchases, but they assessed my needs and did not put selling me more than I could afford or immediately needed first. I will definately return!

Visited November 2013

Been to Nordic Skater? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Nordic Skater, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.