“Better than before” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Newport, Vermont
“Better than before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you visited this restaurant before and were disappointed, I would suggest you go back and try again. The food is good. The first time I went, I wasnt all that impressed, but we like to eat variety, and so I gave it another chance. I am glad that I did, as i have been there many times, and each time, I have enjoyed my meal.

Visited July 2012

93% Recommend
Derby, Vermont
“Worth the Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Atmosphere is beautiful and the view on a nice summer night is beautiful. My wife and I have been a few times and we enjoy the attention the waitress gives us but also the way the entire meal is set up. From the initial drinks to then receiving the dinner or tapas menu then the bread, appetizer main course and my wife always saves room for dessert (the chocolate lava cake). I love the pancetta penne and my wife loves the sushi. The lounge area has very nice leather bucket seats which makes you comfortable but doesnt give you the im sitting in a pub feel. Everytime we have been there it has been busy but the attention is still there. The manager always makes a point to ask how our dinner was as we are leaving. A real gem in newport, I hope it survives.

Visited October 2012
West Hartford, CT
“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We couldn't believe that such high quality and innovative cuisine was in this town. NYC quality. Very imaginative and highly successful innovations. I can't wait to try to imitate the lime/basil sherbert and strawberries.

Visited October 2012
Newport, Vermont
“Always a Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Having eating here a number of times, I can say that across the board service and food are excellent. The location is beautiful (right on Lake Memphremagog) and the atmosphere is comfortable and casual.

The food ranges from American to Asian (including a surprisingly good sushi night each Thursday—surprising only because we are in Vermont!) to French, with creative blends of the styles.

Our last experience was with a large party, eating outside, and it was wonderful. Attentive service; fresh, well-excuted ingredients; and an overall top-notch experience.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Yes, this place is a bit pricey; but quality is definitely very good. We had Ahi Tuna, Sirloin Steak, salads and desserts, and the quality of each of them was excellent. Service was also great, even more considering that 5 of us showed up after closing time. Highly recommended if you want to treat yourself to an excellent, even if a bit pricey, dinner.