“Excellent staff and clean rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Newport City Inn & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newport
Newport City Inn & Suites
You added Newport City Inn & Suites to your Saves list
444 East Main Street, I-91 Exit 27, Newport, VT 05855 (Formerly Newport City Motel)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newport
“Excellent staff and clean rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The front desk person (chrissy?) Was so accommodating and nice. My husband likes to see the room first before we book it and she happily took us to different rooms. If I owned a hotel, I would want a person like this representing it. Super clean rooms, nice pool and hot tub and free breakfast.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night before the Rasputitsa bike race. The room was clean and check was friendly and efficient. There was a Keurig coffee maker in our room which was a pleasant surprise and though the room was small there was plenty of room for all our race gear and our bikes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband stayed here while we visited our daughter. Very nice comfortable and clean room. Located right on the Main Street , it's within walking distance to Subway , convenient stores , and other eateries . Breakfast was very good with bagels, muffins, coffee, juice etc. only negative my husband said he missed some fresh fruit. My husbands room was exterior , however they do have a newer building that has interior corridors. Overall a very comfortable stay!

Stayed March 2014
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My room had damaged carpet with some crumbles left on it..
I also found few long hair in the bathroom, albeit not in the tub..
Otherwise bed was clean and comfortable.
I did not use the gym or the pool but looked good.
I recommand wok n roll, a casual chinese place next door for great value and food.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Asheboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I arrived late in the evening and checked in and found it to be quite quaint and warm. The girl at the desk was very open, friendly and smiled as if it were early morning. That is a treat in itself these days!
The room was small, but very clean and well arranged, cable tv, cofee maker, and spacious enough for a weary overnight traveler to get some much needed sleep. There are no eatining facilities on site but for breakfast, I recommend The Black Cow also located just down the street on Main itself.
Well worth the price and I left well rested and satisfied!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Massena, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed here every year now for the past five years. We like Newport so much that we have brought friends and family along with us. This motel is very clean and comfortable. The personnel are very friendly and helpful. Their prices are reasonable. Breakfast is included. It's a typical continental offered in a pleasant room with lots of windows which is nice on a sunny morning.

Room Tip: The bed in Room #30 is quite noisy, even just turning over. Told them about it. Never encountered...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Moncton, New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is very nice, and has updated with a Keurig coffee maker and flat screen TV's. They have also have updated so you get many more channels. Unfortunately their Internet service is still very poor, so do not expect to hook up and get great service, but for us that was not important.

They provide breakfast as part of your stay, but nothing hot, except making toast. The hotel is very clean, comfortable, and when we travel through Vermont we stay here, as it is not far off the Interstate, and is very relaxing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Newport City Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!